Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
15 hours ago, Ray40 said:

I did another and I think it looks better I swear

image.jpg

First was better. Keep doing it over n over n over again. STAHP with the doodads, I know youre itching to show off some personal flair but just dont. Once the outline is done toss it and do it again, when you feel your hand starting to draw a star chuck your pen across the room.

• LOL! 1

@Ray40- Like I mentioned to Lime, Graffiti is frustrating. Every writer goes through this period. For some it takes years and for some it just clicks. Honestly, the only thing that will help you get better is practice. Lots of practice. Like, lots of practice. You're young so you've got plenty of time to get all this under control and start progressing. 

You know, @Limeliciouzhad an interesting perspective about using some of these alphabet prints that writers have been doing lately as inspiration for letters. Click that link and a style in there you really like, something simple, and copy it. Line for line, just copy it. I mean... when you look at the letter you drew and the letter you're copying - they should look the same. 

Or you can just fill your sketchbook with pages and pages of one letter sketches. Just draw the letter R I gave you over and over and over. Focus on keeping your bars the same weight, don't worry about fill-ins, stars, any of that shit. 

Just practice. I've been doing Graffiti since 1985 and I still practice... 

The_R.jpg

• Like 2
  • Props 2

4 minutes ago, Ray40 said:

Thanks so much joker, that was inspiring, question:you said to practice my R especially, does this mean my other letters are more on point and I need to fix my Rs? Thanks again for the help

Just a tip that if you type the '@' symbol followed by the first few letter of a person's name, a pop up appears where you can select them. This will send a notification to that person same way it does on other social platforms. Example... @Ray40

@Ray40- What I meant was to practice single letters. I was just saying R as an example. You should practice all three of your letters over and over. Just draw that letter R I gave you over and over. Not how you interpret it, but how I drew it for you. Same with the A and Y. Once you get them  down so it's almost exactly the same as my drawing - then we can start playing off that and adding your own style to it. Make sense? Once we get each letter looking the same as what I've given you then we'll put them altogether as a piece. 

And take your time... this isn't a race. 

For reference - I still do this allllllll the time. I call them "Letter Studies". I'll draw a K and get it really dialed in. Sometimes it's something I'll later incorporate into a full piece but most of the time I just do letter studies just to sharpen my skills with that letter or explore different ideas. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joker said:

@Ray40- Like I mentioned to Lime, Graffiti is frustrating. Every writer goes through this period. For some it takes years and for some it just clicks. Honestly, the only thing that will help you get better is practice. Lots of practice. Like, lots of practice. You're young so you've got plenty of time to get all this under control and start progressing. 

You know, @Limeliciouzhad an interesting perspective about using some of these alphabet prints that writers have been doing lately as inspiration for letters. Click that link and a style in there you really like, something simple, and copy it. Line for line, just copy it. I mean... when you look at the letter you drew and the letter you're copying - they should look the same. 

Or you can just fill your sketchbook with pages and pages of one letter sketches. Just draw the letter R I gave you over and over and over. Focus on keeping your bars the same weight, don't worry about fill-ins, stars, any of that shit. 

Just practice. I've been doing Graffiti since 1985 and I still practice... 

The_R.jpg

That jk wet and wild throw (fire emoji) 

• Like 2

@Ray40- Stay in school. Be present. Get good grades. 

See my edits below...

2051207164_ScreenShot2019-10-22at1_24_18PM.thumb.png.0323319ca9ac3c09ed732e460a1dd8de.png

The R looks great. Just move it slightly to the right so it overlaps the A a little, and tightens up the empty space between the two letters. The line weight on the Y is much thicker than the other letters. Slim it out and try not to curl up that descending bar. 

So ive been writing for a year roughly, been a fan since I was kid.

Here are some bits from my blackbook which im happy with but would love feedback so I can improve, doing some sketch swaps and if some OG's would be kind enough to drop me an outline or two 

@Ray40 sick too see you making quick progress, and @Joker you are true  OG giving so many people help to improve

IMG_0958.thumb.jpg.6a68c77584af82f2512099d903f33743.jpg

IMG_0959.thumb.jpg.a1f1f5ba2dc7f2996fae26b334ca78e9.jpg

IMG_0960.thumb.jpg.2b061263be8010d4d88cc27e41e86492.jpgIMG_0961.thumb.jpg.baee4d84aee1431a7f4853d733dab86b.jpg

IMG_0964.thumb.jpg.f9c517016044956bdd0796e547417bb1.jpg

1075921160_PinkynThebrain.thumb.jpeg.acf1a791346672b88d43179197e6c22b.jpeg

STraight.thumb.jpeg.59b2b069629b30dd5d3ced4e59e3ec1b.jpegsunset.thumb.jpeg.0bbd2b940935d19ff8a0359f963c3605.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:29 PM, Joker said:

Downtime while Vray renders...

Lime_Play.jpg

That’s so damn fresh dude i haven’t been able to do anything bc of the holiday been wanting to shoot myself but now I can sketch again imma make something cool now 😉👊👊👊 n I didn’t think I’d get kudos for finding a new way to bite things but I appreciate the mention lolll

• Like 1