IRAK CREW CLOTHING

The Hipster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 20 2004, 12:43 PM

i was in some graff store in LA years ago and they had a big sign on the counter, bitching at people about 'respect' because someone caught a small scribe tag on the glass of one of the display boxes. that made me laugh.

Hahahah, that's hilarious...Someone in the Chitown thread made some angry post about how someone hit up his brother's van or some shit. I laugh so hard at suckers like them..

their sexual orientation has nothing to do with this discussion. but since it's been brought up, earsnot is openly gay. sace has never claimed to be and any speculation is exactly that - speculation.

if you'd like to dicuss the subject further start a new thread in the appropriate forum, cause whether they're gay or not is completely off topic.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by haunts@Dec 30 2004, 09:27 PM

so how do they get all that krink without robbing kr...i guess theres shops in ny that carry krink?

maybe they are donation gifts...who knows

well if you looked at the picture above, you can probably figure out how they get the hookup.

source: http://www.beinghunted.com/v40/reviews/2004/september/

IRAK is a graffiti crew based in NYC and was started long before it all began in the country with that similar sounding name (or for some languages the same name). "It all began" - ok, strange things have been going on in that area for decades, so we could get into a discussion about the context but that shall not be our subject for today.

IRAK have been turning up quite frequently during the past couple of months. We saw them in the book All Most Famous photographed by Kai Regan and produced by alife (one of our top 10 books for 2004), Ryan McGinley took a series of pictures of the crew, and then we watched as they invaded Stockholm together with their Retail Mafia buddies.

Before we get into describing the graphics and hypothesizing about their meaning, look at the slides and make up your own mind. Those of you who are familiar with Barbara Kruger's work might recognize the "attack irak" visuals. As always, we'll round up this piece with a couple of helpful links. If you're interested in finding IRAK's tees, drop us a note. And, by the way, the name derives from the activity of taking spraycans from a store without leaving money...

Originally posted by JesusMachine@Dec 7 2004, 11:47 PM

Can somebody tell me why you would push some other crews t-shirts?

who do you think will buy this, hipsters or writers?

I don't know the dudes very well, but I like there work and wouldn't mind supporting them. I would wear the I <3 NY shirt just becuase I like the design.

1.jpg

Can somebody tell me why you would push some other crews t-shirts?

who do you think will buy this, hipsters or writers?

--------------------

thats what im saying, i can see if these artists came up with some dope looking deisgns on tee's , but all of them are just pushing their crew name, i dont get it...it sorta fucks up the crew itself to have some weirdo u dont even know walk around with ur crew name on a tee, yeh irak where on point but i think they lost it here, I mean ''bombing'' is like the only thing today that has hard true value to graffiti everything is slowly getting candy coated...i just hate to see a respected ''bombing crew'' to pull some kidrobot bathing ape supreme bullshit

what happend to graffiti?