Ask a Gay Dude

Nekro

i loved rage's 'coming out' thread, where he told everyone, and instead of it being some big deal, we were all like....'yeah? so?' ha. it was the most non chalant thing ever. it was like dude told us he got a flat tire on the way home from work.

i dont really have any questions, sorry. i do think we need more gay guys here though. it's all part of my quest to gay the whole world or something.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i figured it would be crazy too. i was pretty (pleasently) surprised to find out that i'd underestimated people.

of course then i over estimated them on nov 2nd. so whatever.

ha. i want to paint a 'gay pride' piece tonight. hahahahaha.

im the most awesome hetero guy in the world.

well, me and gliks, but more so me.

Originally posted by spectr+Dec 3 2004, 07:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spectr - Dec 3 2004, 07:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok so there was this article a couple years back about people in the gay community trying to get aids like it was a status symbol or some shit, i just assume this is some freaky fetish that got more exposure becuase the people were gay, but is this common? its something i just couldn't understand the reasons behind.

[/b]

I read that article. However, I think it made it seem far, far more common than it actually is. I'm sure there are some "bug chasers" out there i the world, but it's a pretty rare fucking thing to do.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob@Dec 3 2004, 08:03 PM

Jeez, Nekro! You create the thread then leave all the work to Rage.

Sorry, I was out of the house.

<!--QuoteBegin-cracksmoka@Dec 3 2004, 08:06 PM

so, are socks with sandals fashionable? inquiring minds want to know... my brother in law is gay, does that give me sass-cred? im kidding f course my binlaw is gay though.. and are they fashionable? cause it gets cold here in the winter and i REALLY like my sandals.....

Everyone's got a gay uncle or whatever, so you got some sass cred.

Oh, and I should probably talk about myself a little bit. I'm 18, I've been out for about a year now to my family, a few months to my friends. I'm not "skinny and hairless," as Rage put it. I'll take punk rock over house music and skateboarding over ballet.

Rage: does your name refer to that TV show Queer as Folk at all?

do you two (nekro and rage) think you give better head than some of the girls on the ounce? :lol:

seriously though...

what do you two think about gay people who are like, cry babies i would say about being gay?

meaning, everytime something doesnt go there way, or they are treated in a fucked up manner (not for being gay but maybe the person they ran into was just a asshole ya know?) etc etc... and complaing "its because im gay" and shit like that...

thats my only problem with gay people, is that when they get to high and mighty and think that if something doesnt go there way, or someone treats them wrong, its got to be because they are gay.

or when gay people announce all the time that they are gay. i hate that shit to.

i mean, its cool that you are and everything, but i dont want to hear about it every 5 seconds ya know?

that shit annoys me so much. just like when people say "praise the lord, or thank you jesus" for every little thing.

i want to kill those types.

other than that, gay people are a-ok in my book.

this is a good thread. an unexpected intellectual discussion about something.

i must admit that i didn't know rage or nekro are gay. guess i wasn't paying attention. no matter, though.

my question:

have television shows like 'queer eye' and various sitcoms helped the straight community become more accepting of the idea of homosexuality? do they degrade homosexuals in your opinion? or is that just the right wing news?

oh yeah...one more: are low cut docs ok to wear with a suit?

Originally posted by Nekro+Dec 3 2004, 09:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nekro - Dec 3 2004, 09:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Rage: does your name refer to that TV show Queer as Folk at all?

[/b]

To the show? No, I took -Rage- because my favorite band of all time is R.A.T.M..

<!--QuoteBegin-T=E=A=S=E@Dec 3 2004, 09:05 PM

i want to kill those types.

Whoa man. Calm down. Breathe.

Just ignore it if you can.

I've never experienced much of those types.

The bears are a more masculine type, for the most part.

There are some queeny bears out there.

Tease: sometimes that kind of victim mentality is the result of an actual victimization in the past. Remember that gay people are really the last people you can safely hate.

About someone going on and on about how they're gay. Coming out can be a very powerful, liberating experience. Sometimes you don't want to pass as straight.

You have to consider the flip side as well: how often to you talk about how you're into this girl or that girl or how that girl walking by has a hot ass or whatever? I thought so. I'm just being me.

Originally posted by ink Lunatic@Dec 3 2004, 07:17 PM

anyone who is against gay rights, or hates on gays or lesbians should be shot in the face. that kind of ignorance should have died out a long time ago. the rest of the world is ok with gays, well the rest of the "west" anyways. fuck the usa drives me crazy.

i dont think it has anything to do with the country I thinkits the person/people... yes there may be more in the USA but theres also more poeple in the state of cali than in all of canada...

Originally posted by casekonly+Dec 3 2004, 09:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (casekonly - Dec 3 2004, 09:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>my question:

have television shows like 'queer eye' and various sitcoms helped the straight community become more accepting of the idea of homosexuality? do they degrade homosexuals in your opinion? or is that just the right wing news?

oh yeah...one more: are low cut docs ok to wear with a suit?

[/b]

I'm not a fan of QEFTSG. I still think it shows a one sided view of the gay community.

I mean, where is the "Bear Eye" show?

Docs and a suit = fucking cool.

Kick someones ass with steel toes and look good while doing it.

<!--QuoteBegin-nozaki@Dec 3 2004, 09:19 PM

what do you do if you meet a "partner" that has the same top/bottom prefferance as you?

Trust me, no one is either a strict top OR bottom.

i keep wondering if the rage and nekro are getting a kick out of this thread.

edit: rage answered it. thanks man.

oh yeah, and what about white oxfords? should i branch out and try to find some stuff that would go with a brown tweed sports jacket deal? i don't wanna look like professor casek every time i wear a suit

hehe rage im not mad at gays or anything, the whole kill them comment was more towards the religious types...

but i had a best friend that turned out to be gay, and he was just way to uptight about it.

like we all told him straight up that it was cool and ok that he was gay and that it didnt bother us, and he would still get pissy or upset about the dumbest shit, and hold stuff against us like we werent his boys still, that shit pissed me off...

Originally posted by ink Lunatic@Dec 3 2004, 07:17 PM

anyone who is against gay rights, or hates on gays or lesbians should be shot in the face. that kind of ignorance should have died out a long time ago. the rest of the world is ok with gays, well the rest of the "west" anyways. fuck the usa drives me crazy.

Thanks for taking me to Gaymart...

same here. haha i confused a homosexual. i'm marking one more off my list of 'casek's things to do before december 9th'

j/k

i was hoping someone could help me figure this out. i've gotta go to a yacht club party pretty soon and i wanted to look good getting wasted and flirting with rich girls.

Originally posted by Nekro@Dec 4 2004, 02:23 AM

You have to consider the flip side as well: how often to you talk about how you're into this girl or that girl or how that girl walking by has a hot ass or whatever? I thought so. I'm just being me.

no you got me all wrong...

if my friend that i considered a best friend at the time said "look at that dude, he's hot" i wouldnt have been like "dude dont tell me that shit, thats gay..."

thats not what i meant. i would laugh if he told me that, and ask him why he thought the dude was hot, and talk about it like i was talking to one of my straight home boys about some girl he thought was fine.

so thats not what i meant about not wanting to hear about a gay person announcing they are gay...

im talking about shit like:

well, i cant think of how im trying to say it to where it would make sense, but if you re-read my religious people story... its like that.

when people say "praise the lord" for every little thing that happens throughout the day... it gets annoying.

same thing as: "is it because im gay?" when sexuality wasnt even a part of the discussion or whatever...

Rage: I figured as much, but there's a character on QAF who writes a comic book about a gay superhero named Rage.

Casek: it's sort of a double edged sword. On one hand, they heavily reinforce the stereotypes about how gay guys are all skinny, hairless interior designers. On the other hand, it shows a situation where straight guys interact with gay guys and no boundaries are crossed, breaking down the stereotype that all gay men want to have sex with straight guys.

There are a few shows with characters who are just gay and it's not such a big deal. That's what I like to see.