JAIL TIME FOR FREIGHTS...

pimpin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

someone said it up there somewhere..

it really depends on a lot of factors. who busts you and how much they really give a fuck. if you hit 10 cars or 1 car.

i can give you some advice though. if they didnt see you painting those other 5 down the line..then you didnt paint the other 5 down the line no matter what they try to tell you. dont let them scare you into admiting shit.

like tryin to tell you its a class a felony and you just did 200000 in damages. dont fall for it.

just be careful. i dont like to hear about anyone gettin busted for trains even dumb kids i dont like.

depends on the state and county....not the railroad...

if a cop gets you he's not going to say "well i cought you on a FEC rail, so since it's not CSX you won't get a felony"

you can also be charged with different things depending on the situation...like if you're cutting through fences at a yard, if you have a pistol on you, if you run...

either way i'm sure that no matter which state you're in painting freights is a felony...

Originally posted by southdown@Nov 30 2004, 11:18 PM

depends on the state and county....not the railroad...

if a cop gets you he's not going to say "well i cought you on a FEC rail, so since it's not CSX you won't get a felony"

you can also be charged with different things depending on the situation...like if you're cutting through fences at a yard, if you have a pistol on you, if you run...

either way i'm sure that no matter which state you're in painting freights is a felony...

as far as railroads go, some of them pay more attention to your past vandalism/tresspassing. i've heard rumors that csx in particualr is really not cool.

I think a better question is:

is it possible to avoid a felony if you paint over the rustyiest gondola/boxcar/restamped hopper? i could easily make the arguement (alas, probalby not in court) that there's no way i did over a thousand dollars worth of damage to say, a more rusty than not restamped hopper, i might actually be increasing it's lifespan. how can you deface something with no face?

i never heard of anyone using rust as a defense..

some railroads will persue further charges or restitution or whatever they can get...but either way if you go down for painting a train you're looking at some sort of felony. which is usually a minimum of a year depending on the class of felony

back about a year ago 2 of my friends got rolled on painting trains. it had been a hot spot for awhile and i suppose that the bulls and the local cops had conducted some sort of a stakeout so to speak to catch the people. either way thats not important, what is though is what happened. they got caught and charged with a felony and got slapped with a hefty fine (not sure the exact amount but it was over 500$)

they couldnt prove how many trains they had painted just the one they caught them doing. there was 3 of them 1 got away while the other two got nabbed. now since this was my one boys 2nd time getting caught on railroad property, ( im assuming it was n/s property) he also got a fine as well as the cost of painting the car. conrail/norfolk & southern, give you 1 warning without a fine if you get caught on railroad property. i got caught benching in a yard and they took my name and some other info from me and said if i get caught again its 250$.

so in regards to your question i dont know if jail time is mandatory, all i can say is from the people the i know first hand getting caught painting them its not ,but probation and fines will be inforced. stay safe

Originally posted by southdown@Dec 2 2004, 01:10 AM

either way if you go down for painting a train you're looking at some sort of felony. which is usually a minimum of a year depending on the class of felony

thats not true. i would guess usually that applies. but not always. nope. no sir. some people get lucky.

i try not to think about this shit. it makes me fucking paranoid.

yeah i was a long time believer in "they usually dont care." recently i am a firm believer in "they do care" according to some serious evidence i cant get into. i would not be surprised in the least to hear news of surveillance or "stake outs" for graff in my city. i have been "caught" on railroad property a few times. one time in fact the worker specifically asked me what we were doing there, and that they were having problems with vandalism. he went on about safety, and said we were cool cause there wouldnt be any trains moving in the yard till that night, but just to head on out. another time got a fine. i have gotten raided, luckily all 6 of us got away. i know people who have been caught red handed painting, people who have been caught walking back to their car, and people who have been caught driving away from the spot. when workers see us we have waved, ran, just kept walking and even stopped and shot the shit. most dont care. some do. i know people who have been caught by local police and bulls, some went to trial, some they just let go right at the place they found them. the people who actually got caught, were all charged with felonies from what i understand, some struck bargains, none saw jail time, except someone who violated probation for previous railroad offenses. basically, there is no clear cut answer. if you get caught and there is no way to prove you did more than say one train (which there usually isnt unless you get ratted on or admit it) you wont see time, just fines, probations etc etc. it all depends on the who, what, where, when, principles. some dont care, others might do everything they can to put you away.

i live in the midwest....i got caught the first time and i got 36 hrs of community service and 1200 dollars of restitution...i never did or paid any of it and i have no idea how i got away with it... the secod time i got caught the line rolled out while i was being chased (immaculate timing) so the pigz never new what i wrote ...i denied everything in court with no lawyer ( btw i had a pic book of like 50 flicks of train funk by " all by the same artist" in my car that they searched along with brass knuckles and paraphanalia) and when i denied it , they couldnt charge me wit shit...so i got 100 hrs of community service , one year lisence suspension , and 200$$ court fees for criminal trespassing, criminal vandalizing and criminal mischief...wich in my case i thought i got off easy because they didnt know what i wrote and i bullshitted pretty damn well.but it sucks driving wit no lisence and having this debt but ....it couldve been worse!..............god damn i hate getting caught....its 85% of why im so drunk right now! peace!....dont do graffitti!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

hey homie why dont you get caught get community service,jailtime etc...and tell us how it worked out for you,by the way ive only painted 2 trains in my whole time writing, and i painted them both at about 9:00 in the morning and i'm still here,DONT FUCK WITH TRAINS

my buddy got ratted on for bombing and got caught painting freights, now he cant get out of his house for 4 months and he has a curfew for the next year, which fucking sucks. i got caught bombing with weapons on me and only got a ticket for the weapons, went back the morning after to buff what i had been caught doing, flicked myself buffing it, went back showed the flicks and got away with it. it really all depends, life's a bitch.

i got caught in a place where they definately do give a fuck.got raided by about 8 cops from all sides, so this disproves the idea that you probably wont get caught(and trust me, it wasnt lack of experiance that did me in). anyway, we got put on the news for it, felony charges, all of our stuff taken by authorities, and about $5000 dollers in debt. and csx didnt even charge us to have the freights buffed. so the point is, if your new to the freight scene, stay that way. getting caught sucks, and youre probably going to be one day.