Photoshop Thread

Tribal_Man

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by shirkone@Dec 30 2004, 04:48 PM

Ok. Take a look at the posts i have done. None of them even imply the fact that i think i'm a "fucking scientist". I never said this. and for the etymology of 'eat dick', speak for yourself mate.

He wasn't even talking to you, but you're definitely not a fucking scientist. I doubt you've even attained the intelligence of a toaster at this point.

Guest imported_b0b

How to get the lomo effect in Photoshop (some actions to download in the link as well as these instructions).

File: Open: the picture you want

Image: Adjustments: Brightness/Contrast: increase contrast by 20

Image: Adjustments: Hue/Saturation: increase saturation by 20

Choose the Rectangular Marquee Tool (your basic selection tool)

Change feather amount to 1/12 the width of your picture (if your picture is 600px wide, as all mine are, then you will set your feather to 50px.

Select your entire picture note: using select: all, will not work

Select: Inverse

Layer: New: Layer

Change your primary color to black. Fill the selection (on the new, blank layer).

Change the blend mode of this layer to Overlay

Layer: Duplicate Layer

Now select your base layer (the one with the picture on it).

Layer: New: Layer

Change your fill tool to Gradient

Change your Gradient Type to Spherical

Change your Gradient Shading Style to "foreground to transparent" (I believe this is the default).

Change your primary color to white.

With the fill tool selected, click in the middle of the picture, and drag the line out to the farthest edge of your picture (if it's a portrait, use top or bottom, if landscape, use left or right).

Change the blend mode of this layer to Overlay

Change the Opacity of this layer to 80% (or whatever you see fit, you'll see what I mean).

Now you are actually pretty much done. You can merge the layers together if you wish. I hope this was easy enough to understand. I may have made it much more difficult than it should be, but I don't know enough about photoshop to make it any easier on myself. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I would be happy to help. I will try to make my actions available by the end of next week.

Also something else quite similar.

if you're going to emotionally invest yourself so heavily in posting your work, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. he wasn't really 'talking shit', he was simply stating his opinion in a very curt manner. big deal. it's an opinion from someone you know nothing about. if he was blind, would you still be offended? if he sucked terribly, would you pass it off as jealousy? if he proved to be talented, would you then see it as constructive?

i agree it can be a bit annoying if someone comes in and makes incredibly harsh, personal criticisms without showing any actual understanding of the subject, but even then, so what?

and just to play devils advocate further, if he had said 'this stuff is fresh', without posting any of his own stuff, why would it be much of a compliment? praise can be just as unwarranted as criticism.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 12 2005, 12:33 PM

if you're going to emotionally invest yourself so heavily in posting your work, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. he wasn't really 'talking shit', he was simply stating his opinion in a very curt manner. big deal. it's an opinion from someone you know nothing about. if he was blind, would you still be offended? if he sucked terribly, would you pass it off as jealousy? if he proved to be talented, would you then see it as constructive?

i agree it can be a bit annoying if someone comes in and makes incredibly harsh, personal criticisms without showing any actual understanding of the subject, but even then, so what?

and just to play devils advocate further, if he had said 'this stuff is fresh', without posting any of his own stuff, why would it be much of a compliment? praise can be just as unwarranted as criticism.

i was just tired. what you said makes sense. it's just that veteran status syndrome creeping up on me.that and lack of sleep. thanks for keeping it in check.

i wasn't commenting on the quality of the work posted. i was commenting on the back & forth critisism/bickering/fighting going on...

i thought it was funny how some people got truly offended and almost downright mad / pissed off by other peoples opinions, so i stated it.

people just need to chill and take it as it comes. its not the end of the world...

if its that important to you casek... a logo from 2000. sketched / illustrator / photoshop rendered.

dysfunction81.jpg

good looks seeks...