NACE stories! Chases, arrests, etc......

Boring Bastard

Summer 96-

Me and Nace go to paint freights in the day at one of his freight spots... For those who know it's the one with the water filled ditch lining the side of the Amtrak line-

So we head in and he picks out his freight and begins to paint an Erie piece for his brother. I kinda wanted to be different that day and spotted

one of those round black oiler fr8's. It was the last in a line ending right where he was painting. So I decide that it would be a change of pace to paint the front of the oiler rather that the usual side. I notice there is a nice platform to stand on and climb up and begin to scetch and fill in my shit-

I was wearing some real reject sneakers at the time..these ones had a habit of talking.. the soles tended to flop out at times.... So anyway, I finish filling in and decide to take a jump down to see what it all looks like. I take the jump down... all but my right leg follows. My cheap ass sneaks got wedged into the little metal holes on the platform. I fall straight down and that little bone (the one on the side of your ankle by the foot) slams hard as shit on the rail!

I'm all dazes out, a bit shocked... all raggedy laying over the track. It took Nace a good minute to turn my way and notice I'm all decked out on the floor. He quickly gets down too, kneeling and all pet cause he thinks I'm hiding from something. I'm like "naah man, I just fell down". He asks me if I'm alright and I'm just like "yeah man, just give me a minute... He goes back to painting and after a couple minutes of hugging the rocks, I make a crippled attempt to stand on my feet. I manage myself up supported by the side of the freight. As soon as i let go of the fr8 I shoot straight down on my ass. The pain started to hit. I felt faint, light headed and ready for a nap. I tried to get up again but shit kept getting worse. My ankle started to puff out like a balloon.

John glances over again and see's me resting in front of this tanker using the rails as a pillow and a leg support. I'm all moaning and shit and He's like " dude, you can't be doing this!" I'm trying to tell him to just let me lay. He seen I was real fucked up, a little pissed that he didn't finish yet, he packs up our shit and manages me to my feet. He tries to walk with me with the shoulder routine.. but the pain was too much. I tell him that I am going to faint. John goes and ditches the paint-

The illest shit goes down after that. He gets me up across his back like a little kid and starts to give me a piggy back ride!! We all know he was a big guy, strong cause he twisted all those pipes and shit. This guy carries me through the freight yard down and hurdled over the water ditch, carefully over the six track NJtransit/Amtrak line and down another hill through an overgrown wooded path to his car. The whole time I'm telling him how I'm gonna passout and shit.. He's like "jus hang on another minute dude!"

He gets me some water to drink and takes me to my house. We tell my mom that we were rock climbling near the beach and I fell. Didn't go to the hospital cause of no coverage.. hoped it wasm't broken and just kept some ice on it and wrapped it tight for the weeks to follow-

Thanks for the ride John!

P.S. Of course we all know that he went back and finished his shit and did another!

Naceo RIP-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I remember when I started this thread...............Nace had just passed and I/we were all bummed out and Chip and Bleek and a lot of other people on here had a lot of really incredibly good things to say about him! The guy changed graffiti! He was an icon............just so incredibly talented! I still feel for all the people that he influenced whether through art or his personal life! RIP to a real style king! I know for a fact that he influenced so many people................his name is constantly referenced in everyday graf convos..........He was a living legend!

Archived