------->_REAL_L.A._GRAFF_<--------

DELETR753

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ------->_REAL_L.A._GRAFF_<--------

A lot of cats don't give credit to Yem and AM7 for really stepping up the billboard game in L.A.

Very true. AM7 set the standard & were doing full pieces & productions, even incorporating the existing image, way before anybody in L.A. I have more, just need to scan em'.

Right on Motorhead.. It was good to see Yems put that history out there in that L.A. Graffiti book.. Especially since they were doing it before the internet made everything a public even worldwide memory.. You can't forget Mear was doing some sick shit on billboards as well..

4183350521_e7e0b6f665_b.jpg

Spotted this on my evening walk.

Agreed. Totally different person.

A rare thing for any artist.. Let alone a graffiti artist to completely reinvent themselves..

Funny how so many cats aren't even aware of the impact from both those names.

A lot of cats don't give credit to Yem and AM7 for really stepping up the billboard game in L.A.

co-signed

I think it was also due to the internet not really being there and people never could post pictures back then. A lot of cats don't get the credit the deserve.. IOU i know you remember all thoe OIL,Decline billboard backs right?

You're right ICR.. But they weren't doing the same things as Yems and those cats. Oil and Dcline were catching hollows/throws and tags.. Yems and company were putting down full color productions.. Or at least that's what I remember.. It was easy to miss a lot back then if you didn't catch it when it was done..

You're right ICR.. But they weren't doing the same things as Yems and those cats. Oil and Dcline were catching hollows/throws and tags.. Yems and company were putting down full color productions.. Or at least that's what I remember.. It was easy to miss a lot back then if you didn't catch it when it was done..

your totally right on that. Them AM7 cats were doing full color while the others did hollows or white and blacks... I remember Dcline having almost every billboard back down Ventura back in the day.

Those DTA stickers go hard. It's dope they put them around graffiti and then you come to find out it's really Travis Barker and Rob Dydek selling you some totally dudical shirt with an all over print of guns on it!

Now that is "REAL L.A. Graff"

Bump.

rob dyrdek goes hard. you couldnt live that fantasy liiiife