Hepatitis C

Mr. Peanut

The story is simple. I was at a party. I got wasted. I hooked up with a random chick. No sex, just making out. Ok. So today I tell a friend of mine about it. He tells me she's a recovering junkie and she's got Hepatitis C. So I'm here, looking up info online, and freaking the fuck out. Now I couldn't find any info that says I could have contracted it this way, but I figured people on here would have experience with this. So any help or info you can give me I'd be thankful.

Fucking junkies :hatred:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

How did I get Hepatitis C?

Most people with hepatitis C contracted it either through a blood transfusion that was contaminated with hepatitis C, or by sharing needles with intravenous drug users that were infected with hepatitis C. Prior to 1990 blood could not be screened for HCV but surrogate tests had been used for the previous several years. These reduced the percentage of HCV contaminated and therefore infectious units of blood from about 7% to 3-4%. Thanks to HCV testing with modern sensitive methods, the risk of acquiring hepatitis C from blood transfusion is less than 1%. The other means of acquiring hepatitis C include health care and laboratory workers that may get stuck with an infected needle or instrument, and people that had tattoos that were performed with poorly sterilized equipment. Infected mothers can pass the virus to the fetus in utero but this occurs less than 1% of the time. It may occur more readily if the mother is also infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS.

I never shot drugs or had a blood transfusion. How did I get hepatitis C?

Cases of hepatitis C with no evidence of exposure through blood transfusions, needle sticks or needle sharing are called "sporadic". How these individuals became infected is unknown.

- The thing is, at least from what ive read unless the girl was bleeding in some way and you managed to get her blood into your system you really dont have anything to worry about. Of the people that ive known who have gotten H.C. it's been thru the use of needles that werent sterilized. Im sure your fine, dont stress yourself out.. give it some time, no sense making yourself sick over something that is VERY UNLIKELY (given the information that u stated).