Colin Powell resigns

DITDxCULT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sources: Colin Powell resigns

Monday, November 15, 2004 Posted: 10:04 AM EST (1504 GMT)

Secretary of State Colin Powell plans to stay on until his replacement is confirmed, officials say.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell has submitted his resignation to President Bush, a senior administration official told CNN.

Powell told his senior staff that he planned to stay on until a replacement was confirmed, State Department officials said.

State Department officials told CNN that Bush and Powell decided mutually that it was time for him to go.

Rumors have swirled about Powell's role in a second Bush administration, but neither the president nor the secretary had spoken publicly about his future.

Last week, when asked if he wanted Powell to stay on to oversee the Mideast peace process Bush told reporters: "I'm proud of my secretary of state. He's done a heck of a good job."

Powell told reporters that he had had several conversations with the president, but would not comment on what they said.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/15/powell/index.html

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by symbols@Nov 15 2004, 10:23 AM

"I'm proud of my secretary of state. He's done a heck of a good job."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/15/powell/index.html

Man, bush is so slick..he could be saying the exact same shit for the guy that's milking his cows down on the W ranch....

There are a bunch of names being floated around - no one's sure who will take the position. But, yes, Rice is one that the media considers a possibility.

I'm saddened to see the only true moderate [when it comes to issues of war and peace] essentially forced out of his position after being relegated to zero power and influence over decisions in Iraq. Can anyone explain why the fuck Rumsfeld still has his job? Zero accountability.

Originally posted by Armenhammer@Nov 15 2004, 11:53 AM

bummer, only dude in the white house I had some respect for.

word

this sucks. bush is seriously slick, all this shit AFTER the election, CIA, Ashcroft, Powell, Fallujah, etc. Amazing the timing this guy has, if a quarter of this shit came out he would have been out on his ass. Sick. :yuck: my girl asked me yesterday if i would think about going to church, yeah right i says, but more i think about it, it's looking like a good plan.

Rumsfeld next ...hopfully

Three other cabinet members submitted their resignations today too...

"U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell has submitted his resignation to President Bush, the White House said today. In addition to Powell, sources said the White House today also will announce the resignations of Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham, Education Secretary Rod Paige and Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman."

Unless dick cheney's penis grows out of his leg, something's wrong with that picture.

Anyway, fuck that Colin Powell guy. He knew he was lying about the WMD and did it anyway. Motherfucker lost all my respect.

Condi Rice is a crazy fucking woman, so loyal to Bush it's ridiculous. You know she'll be awesome for relations with france, too.