HalfLife2

defyoner

just bought it yesterday.... i was a little annoyed by all the crap you have to go through just to start playing the damn game (the whole Steam account and the "unlocking" that took like 10 minutes, etc.). by the time i actually got the game to start up i was too tired to play and went to bed.

also, for the few minutes that i actually played, it didn't run as smoothly as i thought it would. these are the specs of my computer:

Pentium 4 3.0 GHz with hyperthreading

1 GB Dual Channel RAM

ATi Radeon 9800 graphics card

so there's not a whole lot of improvement possible besides a little more RAM and a few hundred MHz of processor speed... i dunno, it just isn't as smooth as i think it should be on my computer. oh well...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Swif, almost every game out doesn't work on at least one card. It's not pathetic, it's realistic. And those all-in-one cards usually have problems with a lot of games because of the shortcuts taken in the architechture to fit everything in one chip. It took me 2 or 3 patches to get my ATI card working for Doom3.

d2_coast_080002.jpg

d2_coast_080005.jpg

Don't look down!

d2_coast_100000.jpg

d2_coast_110001.jpg

d2_coast_110002.jpg

d2_coast_050000.jpg

d2_prison_070002.jpg

d3_c17_050003.jpg

Passed out in the tub, again.

Petition for HL2 DM

Sign this everyone. Even if you only play Counterstrike, I'm sure you realize how ridiculous it is for Valve not to have DM in HL2, especially since the DM in Half-Life is widely regarded as the best DM ever in it's physics and gameplay. Sure, DM Mods will come out, but without a base DM they will be very slow to mature. The hardcore gamers demand it.

Where the fuck am I... haha.

I'm going to use fraps to make a video of me setting an

enemy on fire, then I'll host it and let you all get it from me.

Because it is amazing.

iloveboxcars - defy and I play CS together, hopefully I'll see you

in there. ||FM|| Ignignot

AIM: chr0nicattrition

d2_prison_060004.jpg

d3_c17_090002.jpg

Barney!

d3_c17_050004.jpg

What's funny is the two on the left are looking at a wall half a foot away. Way to cover me, people!

d3_c17_06a0006.jpg

Had to up the contrast on this one since it was pretty dark. Those flying things are called "manhacks". Try grabbing them with the gravity gun and shooting them into a wall, it's fun.

d3_c17_06a0005.jpg

when valve makes their games... they use ati cards to test.

why do you think there were hl2 vouchers in ATI cards. and not Nvidia cards?... exactly.

hl2 was designed around ati cards.. not that theres anything wrong with nvidia.. they destroy ati cards on open gl.. but thats not an option in hl2.

Originally posted by S@T@N@Nov 20 2004, 01:36 PM

Where the fuck am I... haha.

I'm going to use fraps to make a video of me setting an

enemy on fire, then I'll host it and let you all get it from me.

Because it is amazing.

iloveboxcars - defy and I play CS together, hopefully I'll see you

in there. ||FM|| Ignignot

AIM: chr0nicattrition

you guys play source or 1.6? i play source some times but not often because it fucks with my 1.6 abilities.

AIM: disasterrrrrrrrr

message me anytime you guys are playing and i'll play for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

heh... nice .....

so i beat the game yesterday and was kind of disappointed. i thought i still had a long way to go, but all of a sudden it just ended... and it wasn't very satisfying. it set up a sequel nicely, but you know that shit isn't coming out until like 2008 or something. i don't know, maybe i was expecting too much from the game... oh well.