Favourite Board Games

Weapon X

Me? I like Trivial Pursuit the best. I played it a while ago with a thirteen year old and a nineteen year old who's really smart, and I kicked their asses! It was a Canadian Genus II edition from the mid-late eighties.

Anyway,

Trivial Pursuit

Risk

Big Bucks

Monopoly

Boardwalk

...that's all I can think that I actually played and liked.

Oh yeah! They have a new DVD with the Gatekeeper!!! What was that game called again? The staring contest was hilarious!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by IDrinkSprite+Nov 11 2004, 02:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IDrinkSprite - Nov 11 2004, 02:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-perhap@Nov 11 2004, 07:46 AM

mouse trap kills it.

Fuck that game.It took forever to set up then when it was actually finished,i didnt feel like playing anymore+keeping all the pieces was a bitch.

[/b]

wordemup. mousetrap sucks nuts.

candyland however was the shitttttttttt.

omg im so old that i cant even remember what my favorite board game was!! okay im not that old.....candyland was one of them. battleship. hungry hungry hippos.monopoly.

i didnt fuck around with board games much. lite bright and etch a sketch was where its at.

Man I wanted Lite Bright so bad I could taste it. That and the little robot that would talk to you and be your friend in the early 80s.

Now that I think about it, I might have had Lite Bright, but it was probably a friend who had it.

Edit: "Litte robot thing" reminds me, I had these things, one was a math game and one was a spelling game, and they were electronic and had a computer voice that would say the numbers or words, and there were all these 2 bit sound effects that I would press over and over again. I think they were from Texas Instruments. Just recently I heard the sounds in a song.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Nov 11 2004, 02:36 PM

Edit: "Litte robot thing" reminds me, I had these things, one was a math game and one was a spelling game, and they were electronic and had a computer voice that would say the numbers or words, and there were all these 2 bit sound effects that I would press over and over again. I think they were from Texas Instruments. Just recently I heard the sounds in a song.

...yeah i rocked those...me and my sisters were a bunch of nerds so we played the hell out of some trivial pursuit and scrabble...still do when we get together...although now there's more drinking involved...

...but for stupid games...i loved trouble and sorry...and i used to play axis and allies and risk with my step brother...good times...

...shopping for board games at thrift stores and yard sales...poor kids know what's up...

Archived