Character Post

Guest waeko

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by _nightcrawler@Nov 26 2005, 10:13 PM

candydudes.jpg

Does anyone have sketches of anything from these type of characters?

thanx

Thats Vaughn Bode cat.... just put his name in any search engine and you will not only get a ton of his work but a lot of graf work too. He's been a huge graf influence since it started and his son became somewhat of a writer.

Originally posted by dosa312+Nov 27 2005, 07:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dosa312 - Nov 27 2005, 07:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-_nightcrawler@Nov 26 2005, 10:13 PM

candydudes.jpg

thanx

Thats Vaughn Bode cat.... just put his name in any search engine and you will not only get a ton of his work but a lot of graf work too. He's been a huge graf influence since it started and his son became somewhat of a writer.

[/b]

Alright sweet. thanks

Originally posted by dosa312+Nov 27 2005, 04:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dosa312 - Nov 27 2005, 04:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-_nightcrawler@Nov 26 2005, 10:13 PM

candydudes.jpg

thanx

[/b]

I never really liked it. I've seen a couple that made me laugh but that's it really. I never understod why other writers always like... add them to their pieces and whatnot. I just think it's strange rocking characters that don't belong to you. I guess it's paying tribute to dude but yeah. Eh, whatevs. They're like Bboy characters to me but not as corny. I just hate seeing people just adding Vahn Bode characters without a theme. Just a frog looking dude, no humor or anything involved. Sort of how some people rock Bboy characters to their pieces.

I'd appreciate it if someone would shed some light on that guy. I know they have like annual Vaughn Bode jams in Connecticut(?).

Not exactly hating. Just saying. Who knows, maybe I might try one myself. Yeah, why not.

-J.

EH. EVERYONE'S ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION... I FEEL YOU THO-I JUST RECENTLY STARTED LIKE BODE/HIS CHARACTERS... I'M REALLY INTO THE HUMOR AND HIS DRAWING STYLE...BUT THE "WRITERS" DEAL-IT'S JUST LIKE PEOPLE ROCKIN CHARACTERS "VIDEO JUEGOS"-I GUESS PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO PAY HOMEMAGE..BUUUUT...IF BODE WAS A KNOWN WRITER AND HE WAS USING THESE CHARACTERS-THEN THAT WOULD BE ANOTHER STORY....

ANYWAY...PIECE FOR ACERMATIC.

ACEREXCHANGE.jpg

Originally posted by Yellow Feets+Dec 1 2005, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yellow Feets - Dec 1 2005, 06:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by dosa312@Nov 27 2005, 04:15 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-_nightcrawler@Nov 26 2005, 10:13 PM

candydudes.jpg

thanx

I never really liked it. I've seen a couple that made me laugh but that's it really. I never understod why other writers always like... add them to their pieces and whatnot. I just think it's strange rocking characters that don't belong to you. I guess it's paying tribute to dude but yeah. Eh, whatevs. They're like Bboy characters to me but not as corny. I just hate seeing people just adding Vahn Bode characters without a theme. Just a frog looking dude, no humor or anything involved. Sort of how some people rock Bboy characters to their pieces.

I'd appreciate it if someone would shed some light on that guy. I know they have like annual Vaughn Bode jams in Connecticut(?).

Not exactly hating. Just saying. Who knows, maybe I might try one myself. Yeah, why not.

-J.

[/b]

Its all good man... I don't hate on that... I think when I first started writing it was like paying tribute... kinda like "Freedom" referrncing all the old michealangelo and sal dali shit in the nyc tunnels back in the day. Me personally... I think if it's a tribute type thing to an artist who inspires you it's dope as long as you give credit to the artist somewhere in the piece... Im not really into the whole idea of doing something just because its the expected norm, like you said about the whole b-boy charactor thing... I love b-boy type ish and I paint it because it's part of my life being a breaker... but thats me... I cant really see some headbanger punkrock cat doing bboy charactors just because its what people say graf is supposed to be like... graf is what you see it as... fuck if anybody else hates or loves it... as long as its yours...so yeah... I went off on a tangent... sorry...

Thats all.

Peace to all writers that keep getting up and forever stay down...

one.

Archived