Character Post

Guest waeko

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Whoa shit LABRAT you totally rock. When viewing your piecebook chartacters it brought back memories of my early days of writing back in the mid 80's. You definately got the "old school" flava! Love it man! Keep sending in those flix. Mad props to you...

damn, i was just told to check this out. damn labrat definitely can see that old school flavor. haven't seen books done like that in decades.

Heh, big ups to Labrat representing Image comics. Shit dude, do you actually draw that stuff because man, it looks better than the comics. I mean, actually draw as in are you employed by Image? Witchblade was awesome and so was The Darkness. And I know this is a character thread but FUCK, your lettering is awesome. So many tiny/detailed connections and extensions. Blows my fucking mind. And also makes me really wanna do characters. One more question labrat, did you go to art school? People will always hate on any writer who gets training but school is good for ya. Pushes your boundaries and shit. Anyway, amazing.

Heh, big ups to Labrat representing Image comics. Shit dude, do you actually draw that stuff because man, it looks better than the comics. I mean, actually draw as in are you employed by Image? Witchblade was awesome and so was The Darkness. And I know this is a character thread but FUCK, your lettering is awesome. So many tiny/detailed connections and extensions. Blows my fucking mind. And also makes me really wanna do characters. One more question labrat, did you go to art school? People will always hate on any writer who gets training but school is good for ya. Pushes your boundaries and shit. Anyway, amazing.

Wow thanx for the kind words! Man Image comics were a great influence for me when a started breaking free from drawing those old school hip hop characters. SILVESTRI, JIMENEZ, TURNER all great artists i tried to imitate them flawlesslly.I never went to art school and i don't draw for a living(I WISH) i'm 38yrs. old(1ST GENERATION GRAFFITI ARTIST FROM CHICAGO) i've been doing blackbooks since 1982 so eventually you'll get as good or even better just keep practicing and you'll develope your techniques in time.If your in school or thinking of going to school i strongly recommend it who gives a fuck what those punks say live your life to the fullest.