Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest SayOne

Spray Paint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Double nevermind, now seeing color chart I see they did use old color names....but only on certain colors....

As I understand, metallics are more expensive to make, which is why American dollar silver is a has gone the way of the dodo.

I remember color charts having pasted on color samples well into the 90's. I've matched Chrome Yellow, Hot Pink and Jungle Green many times off old charts. No to say that paint companies have access to old charts, but all they'd have to do is ask any collector or make a quick visit to cap matches color. I know I'd be happy with an approximate match. Not like we're gonna need an exact Icy Grape to paint a train.

Guys,

Regarding Yard Master we don't have too many basic colours and this includes metallics because we felt with Ironlak and Kolour it was a bit redundant to be honest. We've kept it to a limited but well balanced range of discontinued but previously loved classics. We've got about another 10 colours we haven't yet released but we'll just gauge feedback on the range first.

We had a number of US freight writers involved in developing and testing the product. It uses a slightly modified resin from what we use in Ironlak and the properties in the paint we felt are geared towards what freight or train writers in general will want in a paint.

Its a little bit higher pressure than Ironlak, but we were conscious of having something that will allow you to finish up as quick as you can without compromising on cleanliness and can control.

It will be a little more expensive than Ironlak, because it is a 12oz can and we've had to add properties to it that add to the cost but make it more appealing to freight writers in general.

Hopefully its something writers will enjoy using.

Hal,I think it was you that mentioned Chinese made paints bleeding in pinks and purples. Test a couple of ours, we Ironed that out of our product about 6 months ago if i'm not mistaken.

We're also finalising testing on the UV resistance of our pinks and purples which do fade faster than our European counterparts. We've been working on this for a while with Dupont whom have been doing the testing for us. Our goal here is for our pinks, purples and mid browns (around 25% of our range fades faster than it should) to last as long as other brands, obviously certain pigments have better life expectancy than others when it comes to fading, so comparing a pink and a blue is apples and oranges as a blue will always outlast a pink, but our goal is for our pigments to hold up as long as other brands.

When we have confirmation on this we'll make an announcement and make sure writers are well informed on which cans they can use with confidence that won't fade. We'll also publish the results provided by Dupont when that happens.

All the best

Ironlak

• Like 1

One last thing we did weigh up using a European spec Vs using a US spec valve but decided on the European valve spec for various reasons. That being said NY Fats will still fit in that valve same with Ironlak.

Thanks

Good to hear about the bleed through. That was my number one complaint. I have to say it's been a couple years since I bought a chinese made pink or purple because of that fact. I'll do a little experimenting and thanks for the heads up.

wish they would bring them out in Aust.

love the idea of just doing a big chisel tip tag and outlining a piece.

Walid you're the expert on the export /repco paint side of things have you come across any that is really high pressure?

I got a bunch of those ultrawide nozzles but they just make a mess using exports.. need to find higher pressure so more paint escapes the nozzle

wow I found it the opposite. what was so bad?

you were using the V touch cans? did it have the ***** rating on the can?

Thecolours I've used were sweet except the blacks with a new yorker sprayed a hollow circle rather than a dot. and the yellow is fucking horrid

used

verde cologno good

Rojo Madrid - good

negro - good except the issue above

violeta -great

amarillo claro - fucking rubbish

the thing that was a bit crap was that marker tags showed through on the yellow and the red

ScreenHunter_320Aug230947_zpsd4f0d803.jpg

I picked up some Erica, magenta, poison green and Arctic blue for forcefields. I will say the shit covers, but there is absolutely no fine control with that valve, even after letting pressure out of the can. Plus it's dusty, no matter what cap I used it gave me fuzzy lines. You said you where using a NY, was that a fat? Because it doesn't take NY thins, one of the only reasons I even used the old hardcore. Even for hands I doesn't flare it just kinda blows out, shits a disaster for what I wanted it for. Maybe I will paint a dresser or something.

yes NY fat was what I was using on the first piece.

I hear you on the dustiness- that is definitely an issue

ScreenHunter_320Aug231103_zps30e225ba.jpg

using cyan for outlines was not good - the red is 94 that I used to try and hide how messy it ended up with.

I was going to give up but at 7 a can it would be a waste to walk away.

Just realised how bad my fades are :D

Walid you're the expert on the export /repco paint side of things have you come across any that is really high pressure?

I got a bunch of those ultrawide nozzles but they just make a mess using exports.. need to find higher pressure so more paint escapes the nozzle

Nah, the most pressure I've ever found was in a can of aeroskills, which is out of production these days.

I can't say I've come across any export/Repco paints that are more pressurised than other colours.

but there is absolutely no fine control with that valve, even after letting pressure out of the can. Plus it's dusty, no matter what cap I used it gave me fuzzy lines.

I have to say, I had the same issues. I used a few greens and purples, and while they do cover pretty well, I had to fight them to get crisp lines the whole time, even after reducing pressure.

that sucks you guys had bad experiences regarding the MTN HC2, i've had the nothing but good experiences with it. Coverage is amazing and the high pressure makes short work of filling in. I've used the black, akari red, calcutta orange, guacamole green, various blues and purples, and all had very strong crisp lines using both the stock banana cap and fat pink dots. Other skinny caps didn't give such clean lines though, which makes me think they were designed for cans with lower pressure. All in all, it definitely isn't for small/finely detailed work. Some other low pressure paint would work better in that situation.

FWIW, Lately I've found that Clash when used with those new AP skinny caps gives me some really sharp skinny lines, super sensitive valve. 69 Violet, clash yellow, coppola violet, pesto green, bile green all gave good results.

Quick question to all you paint saavy cats...since you cant do the sticker switch at the H Depot no more, I wanna know what are some good cheap cans? Im used to gettin rustos for a buck bit that aint possible no more, so I just need something for bombing, throwies, tags. Nothin serious like a piece or burner. im in the u.s. If that helps in pointing me in the right direction. I recently tried quick color with a new elmers fat cap and the shit comes out skinny now wtf I noticed they aint made by rusto anymore too..

I can't help with too many specific recommendations aside from your standard Rusto, AA & PT, unless you find Walmarts that still stock their cheapo brand silvers and such. All I can say is try finding a good freight liquidation store.

found a GREAT online cheap paint site...sets of 6 for 12 bucks....sounds good to me cept the cheap brands offered are: SPRAYNGO (made by derusto) and Touch N Tone cans (also made by derusto) think ima try em touch n tone cans. they cant be any worse than the new quick color im guessing and for 12 bucks for 6 cans i aint got much too lose...now to find good caps for cheap cans cuz i know cheap cans are quite troublesome lol

Thats one of the more informative wastes of paint I've seen, I got a gut feeling Rustoleum might outdo the Belton and Flame in Spades, and Montana Black cans seem to last a little while too, well at least compared to Sabotaz 80