Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

Re: Female Rustos still on the shelf?

now, the only remaining cans( i have found) are all the rusto "camo" colors, the high temp,white and black laquer, epoxy, and the field liners which are 600ml with the female valve....

my question is has anyone tried the field liners, high temp, or laquer?

Camo colors don't fill very well in my experience. Instead of a uniform color, you wind up with a patchy fill where you can see all the spray lines.

I've never played with Hi Temp colors other than black, but it's more of a shitty dark grey, and covers horribly.

The Lacquer is pretty much the same as regular rusto, with maybe slightly less opacity. It lasts forever though. Probably ideal for freights.

Epoxy also lasts forever, but it has an incredibly long dry time. I was painting at night once, on metal, and had to come back very early in the morning. It had at least 6 hours drying time and it was still very sticky.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i bought a filed liner once and had to do a throw with the can upside down

SCENARIO:

ive got a friend who's looking for a very specific shade of green to paint his car.

he asked me wheres the best selection of rusto, i tell him home depot or online,

but they may not have the best color scheme.

i told him you might find a closer color from a "graffiti grade" spray paint, but avoid

the chinese ones, hed be best off trying maybe montana gold, montana 94, belton,

molotow, theyve all got great colors, great coverage and great durability...

but at the end of the day i have no idea how any of that shit would adhere to a car.

i imagine not many on here have any experience using spray paint on anything

but brick, cinderblock, sheet metal, etc w/ little concern about how it bonds to

the material. but at the same time i figure if there was any place to ask, this might be it..

so, does anyone know which, if any, brand is best for cars?

Dupli-Color, the car paint they sell at auto zone etc. Buddy of mine crunched the front fender on his girls brand new Nissan while she was out of town. He bought a new fender and I painted it with that shit for him. That was 4 years ago and it still looks perfect, she still doesn't know he was driving her brand new car drunk as fuck. I did do full pro level prep and shot primer, base and 4 coats of clear.

Re: Female Rustos still on the shelf?

Camo colors don't fill very well in my experience. Instead of a uniform color, you wind up with a patchy fill where you can see all the spray lines.

I've never played with Hi Temp colors other than black, but it's more of a shitty dark grey, and covers horribly.

The Lacquer is pretty much the same as regular rusto, with maybe slightly less opacity. It lasts forever though. Probably ideal for freights.

Epoxy also lasts forever, but it has an incredibly long dry time. I was painting at night once, on metal, and had to come back very early in the morning. It had at least 6 hours drying time and it was still very sticky.

Much appreciated, I thought maybe at least the black in the camo line would be good for outlines or just all around tagging(with a rusto fat)... And I'm also glad I read the the inverted throw up issue with the field markers, figures I racked them first....

Got a fiew of the high output 600ml with the male valves, those with the ap fat Are super sweet for freights, you have to fill a little slower or it'll be dusty but I was happy with the outcome...got some of the high temp paint as well, just have to wait on some rusto fats.... They don't have them on the elemers glue anymore do they?... I'll check... Thanks for the input

I apologize because I haven't been allowed in Canada since 2005, but last I remember, there's a terrific brand of silver at Canadian Tire. The top lid looked like american Plasti-kote, with a sort of curved ridge at the bottom. Colourvision is another brand I was highly impressed with during my Canadian visits. They had a rad indigo color I bought a case of to bring back home.

If you don't mind it fading away after a couple months, Canadian Tire had an excellent Undercoater tar black that worked well with fatcaps.

IMG_20130128_163440.jpg

ive never been to canada but i assume thats where this stuff is from. this the one youre talking about maybe? its pretty legit regardless.

This what I have been doing with marking paint and empty cans of sabotaz. The close-out store by me keeps getting case upon case of em and they go for a buck a pop. Made some pretty cool colors too.

i refill old cans of coversall

WITH MARKING PAINT

this is what i do

if cap looks like this, MALE CAP

1140113.jpg

1140114.jpg

or,

this FEMALE CAP

1140115.jpg

^^ i already carved out the tip of the nozzle on this one ^^

1140116.jpg

1140117.jpg

1140118.jpg

bore out the tip of the marking paint nozzle, so that the stem from whatever cap works

on the can you are trying to fill, fits in the tip of the marking paint cap

1140120.jpg

for coversall cans i use a ny fat, notice the stem at the top of the can

covers all cans have a female valve system..... (i refilled that can 6 times)

..... freeze the can you are going to refill

and shake the shit out of the marking paint.....

COLD CAN ON THE BOTTOM

SHITTY MARKING PAIN ON THE TOP

SPRAY PAINT CAN SEX

I used the stems off some sabotaz fats and superglued them together.

This what I have been doing with marking paint and empty cans of sabotaz. The close-out store by me keeps getting case upon case of em and they go for a buck a pop. Made some pretty cool colors too.

thats awesome man, yeah those field liners are meant to be used upside-down in a machine, good idea

"DECOLORS" this new brand popped up in me local shop few days ago i tryed 2 cans of it and it flows nice and has a good medium to high pressure.Has someone heard of it and used it?Some people at the shop told me that is a brand made by some EX "MTN" member that started hes own production?

Does anybody know any information on the new sabotaz "sigma 80". In past years I had no problem using sabotaz in 0 degree winter weather. This new sigma line acts likes Chinese paint in these temps. Comes out silent, drippy, almost like a blaster cap, and stutters like CRAZY. Its pretty much unusable.

Did they change where they manufacture? anybody have any useful information?

anyways, pretty disappointing, I loved the old sabotaz.

According to the can, it's still produced in Greece. From what i understand, they adjusted the formula to perform more smoothly with layered application, like we do when painting graffiti. I haven't tried it on metal yet, but the old formula used to flake off after a day or so.

Keep in mind that you're using a pressurized container, and if you leave the can in freezing temperatures, you're going to have a serious loss of pressure. I'd say the high pressure versions will probably perform even worse, because there's less pressure pushing through a high flow valve. I don't understand how any manufacturer can claim to overcome this problem, since there's only so much gas you can force into the can. Your best bet is to keep the paint in a warm environment until it's time to use it. Storing it outside is the worst case scenario.

I've had at least a dozen of the old Sabotaz cans spontaneously lose their gas sitting in storage. Some kind of faulty valve. I lost an entire case of black. I don't know if they addressed this problem with the new formulation. Maybe that was the problem.

I did use a couple of the new cans last week. I had the low pressure "A" series. I liked it a lot. The old formula seemed kinda dusty and the colors were dull. The new stuff is much more vibrant and responsive with those yellow german tips. Maybe you just had a bad can.

I've had at least a dozen of the old Sabotaz cans spontaneously lose their gas sitting in storage. Some kind of faulty valve. I lost an entire case of black.

This was the end of sabotaz for me - I didn't lose a whole case more like 4 cans but it was enough to annoy.

• 4 weeks later...
I apologize because I haven't been allowed in Canada since 2005, but last I remember, there's a terrific brand of silver at Canadian Tire. The top lid looked like american Plasti-kote, with a sort of curved ridge at the bottom. Colourvision is another brand I was highly impressed with during my Canadian visits. They had a rad indigo color I bought a case of to bring back home.

If you don't mind it fading away after a couple months, Canadian Tire had an excellent Undercoater tar black that worked well with fatcaps.

all good Hal.

Canada still has a lot of classic valve system rusto/american accents/painters touch also.

Anytime I am in toronto.. which is often.. if I feel like making the effort I can come up on some cans of american paint with the classic valve system. However.. since everything in canada is madly overpriced you are paying the same amount you would pay to get art paint. So its a wash. I don't rack shit in canada though since they are way serious about kicking fools out who are not from there.

all good Hal.

Canada still has a lot of classic valve system rusto/american accents/painters touch also.

Anytime I am in toronto.. which is often.. if I feel like making the effort I can come up on some cans of american paint with the classic valve system. However.. since everything in canada is madly overpriced you are paying the same amount you would pay to get art paint. So its a wash. I don't rack shit in canada though since they are way serious about kicking fools out who are not from there.

They have Armour Coat at Canadian Tire, that's the only place I've ever seen it. Limited colours but they have the essentials, both enamel and rust paint and a female valve system. They go for a bit less than five bucks so if you cop a bunch, you're saving a couple bucks if you're comparing to montana/belton. Work nice with rusto fats and those Elmers glue caps.

I never even was hip to Armour Coat. Anytime I was able to find Rusto or Krylon out north it was always 6 bucks so I only snagged a few to collect since the labels are much different.

I'll try the armour coat next time im out north.. but not to carry into the yard. just for some bogus wall or something.

• 2 weeks later...

copped some "red devil" from a family dollar. wasn't expecting much but just wanted to experiment with some easily accessible paint. Threw a ny fat cap on a can of flat black and chrome and i was pleasantly surprised. it's not quality enough to fuck around with any other colors but for fillins and handys it served it's purpose.

copped some "red devil" from a family dollar. wasn't expecting much but just wanted to experiment with some easily accessible paint. Threw a ny fat cap on a can of flat black and chrome and i was pleasantly surprised. it's not quality enough to fuck around with any other colors but for fillins and handys it served it's purpose.

I rack the silvers all the time, there in like a beighe goldish colored can but the blue cans are garbage man i feel u

ok guys, I live in far Canada, only things around(less than 30-50km) are a Canadian Tire, a Wal-Mart and a Dollarama.

With these three stores, what's (in your opinion) the best paint I can buy, considering the ratio

price/quality ?

There's like 50 brands at Canadian Tire, and I don't even know if wal-mart or dollarama sells some, just listed them in case

thx

Also check out engine paint/ tar paint (black/brown), and wal-mart silver/ *matte black, aswell as primers. Godspeed... ... ... ......you hoser.

sbr_002MoranisThomas.jpg

AND MAKE SURE TO WATCH EVERYTHING IN 3 B... 3 BEERS AND IT LOOKS GOOD EHH?

ok guys, I live in far Canada, only things around(less than 30-50km) are a Canadian Tire, a Wal-Mart and a Dollarama.

With these three stores, what's (in your opinion) the best paint I can buy, considering the ratio

price/quality ?

There's like 50 brands at Canadian Tire, and I don't even know if wal-mart or dollarama sells some, just listed them in case

thx

Also check out engine paint/ tar paint (black/brown), and wal-mart silver/ *matte black, aswell as primers. Godspeed... ... ... ......you hoser.

sbr_002MoranisThomas.jpg

AND MAKE SURE TO WATCH EVERYTHING IN 3 B... 3 BEERS AND IT LOOKS GOOD EHH?

Armor Coat rust paint all day every day, or if you're feeling classy or decide to rack get Tremclad. They're both available at Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart has Tremclad as well. Both are good for fills and simple straight letters, but if you can get your hands on some Sekt cap adapters or some Boston Rusto thins/Elmers glue caps you can piece with them no problem.

@Aumstarsbcf fuck yeah the Great White North, hittin' me right in the childhood there eh. I used to watch SCTV every morning before school, it was way before my time but it still had some cheesy laughs. Corrupting my 9 year old mind with those re-runs ehh.

Eh? Ehhhhhh.

had some red devil blacks and browns ... i haaaated both.

they were a shade above dirty water and burned through the latex glove i was wearing

rusto doesn't do that.

hmmmm

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it is very hard to paint over. Other paints just slide off of it; all the buff man's paint will be on the ground with your piece intact!

I got some Red Devil with a blue label at a yard sale. It is gloss black and from the test in my garage seemed like good enough paint for outlines. Though I know the other stuff, I think the black label, is garbage. They sell it at Big Lots

• 1 month later...

20130530115747-Scribo_Video_CS.jpg?1369940268

THE IDEA BEHIND:

Scribo™ is a concept spraycan, a new tool for graffiti writing.

Scribo™ is born from the passion and love for writing, after a long process of research. It's completely designed and handcrafted in Venice.

scribocrowd.png

scribobox4.jpg

scribobox4.jpg

The research, production and distribution are as much sustainable as possible:

Aluminium recyclable can with paper label.

Low impact: acrylic pigments, resins and propellant. No aromatic solvent, no CFC, no leads or other toxic elements according with all EU environmental laws.

Raw materials in short supply chain: every part of the product is carefully produced in Italy with the best components.

From web to wall: after the success of this campaign Scribo™ will be gradually distributed worldwide only at Scriboshop.com. No distributors, minimum shipping and taxes meant that Scribo™ can arrive to your house for a very good price according with the rules of the planet earth.

scriboemerald.jpg

scribodescription.png

scriboycyn.jpg

*Send a RAL code via email at info@scriboshop.com , or your color sample via post to: Scriboshop - Via Banchina Molini 14 - 30175 Marghera Venezia (Italy). Send your contacts and order id.

scriboshippingcosts.jpg

LINKS:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/scribo

https://www.facebook.com/scriboshop