Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest SayOne

Spray Paint

i did not read the list yet but some paint is goin to act funny whit thin tips and some funny whit fats . the thing no one said any thing about it you use valspar and ironlak .. wear a mask it will make you dizzy REAL BAD and head aches

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Haha. The Chinese candle trick. It doesn't work with the new male Rusto valves.

Hal as far as the Kilz goes, rusto fats never worked well for me on those cans. The caps you get off the elmers spray adhesive work perfectly with Kilz though. I dont think I have ever had one clog or sputter on me. Using a thin is a totally different story though :I

Oh and also have any of you tried Touch and Tone silvers? Stuff is like butter, basically coats with one spray and is cheap as hell. Allover at the Lots and More stores around here

I use Clash pretty frequently, as it's about a $1 cheaper than the other premium low pressure cans at the local shop (94, Molotow, etc.). The traditionally weak pigmented colors aren't too good, but it sprays a nice, soft line. I have no complaints with it. The Spy Yellow is surprisingly good, but I have had a can or two lately that were really weak.

I don't know if anyone has tried Supertramp, but it's one of the better low-end brands. Based on the donut style, I think it's made by Colorpack (Beat, Clash, Monster) The Black is great, and the Sky Blue and Purple are really good. Apple Green could be better, and I'll guess that the yellows and oranges aren't too solid. I've had some issues with the color changing as I spray, and no amount of shaking seems to remedy the problem. Overall, I'd say it's a good alternative if you're looking for a low pressure black outline paint.

Has anyone else had issues with Molotow skipping? I've noticed that several of my new cans will skip midway through a line. I've had this problem before with cans that sat out in the trunk of the car overnight in the cold, and cans that went into the freezer for mixing. I've never had this problem with a brand new can, unless the ones I bought were stored in the cold or something. No other brand seems to do this.

Clash seems to be the thickest paint I've seen. I'd have to say it's the most under rated can on the market. It's color selection is not as good tho. Beat would be an excellent sieve to make up for color selection since both brands come from the same Italian manufacturer. The yellows on both brands like you said are week....but try using the yakuza yellow.

I'll respond to the rest of your post after work tho.

How is krylon even on the list?

this.

i dunno HAL, i know your social or philosophical (or whatever) opposition to

montana goldas a company, but i've also heard you say that shit is the truth.

im inclined to agree with that statement, that shit lays down smooth and thick liiiike..

this.

292.jpg

obviously, i submit to your expertise, youve put in way more work and are

certainly an authority on the matter, but putting montana gold at the top of

the list doesnt seem out of place at all to me.

maybe someone should compile a list like big metal was saying, rating the paint on

varying criteria and judging/ranking them based on that...

That's not specifically designed for wholecars or anything.

this.

i dunno HAL, i know your social or philosophical (or whatever) opposition to

montana goldas a company, but i've also heard you say that shit is the truth.

im inclined to agree with that statement, that shit lays down smooth and thick liiiike..

this.

obviously, i submit to your expertise, youve put in way more work and are

certainly an authority on the matter, but putting montana gold at the top of

the list doesnt seem out of place at all to me.

maybe someone should compile a list like big metal was saying, rating the paint on

varying criteria and judging/ranking them based on that...

I don't really have a problem with Montana Germany, as a product. It's decent, and consistent. They have a good color range. I usually talk to cute art school girls when waiting for them to find the keys to pry open the cages. I guess if given the choice at the same price point, I prefer the coverage of MTN or even the consistency of Molotow. I like the smoothness of Montana Germany's valve, but coverage is usually key for me. I can get the same valve with Molotow at a much lower price. With MTN 94, I might go through a few outline caps, but I can also use basically any color in the spectrum, including yellow.

Montana Black has a couple decent yellows, namely Kicking Yellow and Power Yellow, but the Gold line has some sucky coverage. Colors that should be opaque and solid, like apricots and orange browns, stuff with a lot of earthy pigment, are double coaters at best. That seems really strange, given the price point. I understand that certain pigments are weak, but other brands seem to manage with difficult pigments, at much lower prices. For @ 10 USD a can, I would demand premium coverage, as well as extreme lightfastness. For $3-4 more than another (just as good) premium paint, I'd like it to outline for me. I'd be happy to kick back with a beer and watch my piece come to life.

It seems underhanded that German Montana makes it so difficult for independent, street-level stores to stock their paint, while keeping overpriced art stores well stocked at a huge markup. It's not surprising that they would favor a guaranteed profit, but it's a bummer that they would sacrifice integrity so readily. (Was that out the window when they ripped off Montana Spain's packaging/formula/reputation off that bat?) How expensive is it to make a can of Montana Gold? Does it really cost that much more to make than Molotow or any other German brand? I would think less, considering they have the volume and backing of Dupli. Considering Molotow is backed by Kwasny/Belton, shouldn't the price be the same? Are all these costs to fund R&D? Is Gold's pigment ground from from space rocks? When a new, local shop opened up, they initially stocked Montana Gold. Very quickly, they realized that their paint sales volume (supported entirely by the local graffiti/art culture) wasn't important enough for Montana Germany to keep an adequate stock for them, so they moved on to more receptive stockists who have since sponsored local events and visiting artists.

I understand the concept of capitalism, but my train of logic leads me to the conclusion that Montana/Dupli is far more concerned with profits over culture. That's fine, considering that American writers of my generation grew up with Krylon and Rusto. However, since both switched over to unfriendly valve systems, most of the writers I know have abandoned them entirely. Not that it's a perfect option, far from it, but the Chinese-made offerings have somewhat filled the void for the mid-range pricepoint. I've experimented with various female caps, and even modified the Danvern cap (new Krylon) to accept NY Thin diffusers, but it's way easier to hit the shop and buy some (relatively) inexpensive paint from a retailer I know by name, someone who wishes me a good day when I leave, and just be done with it.

I really loathe to get on any bandwagon, but I feel like a sucker every time I'm stuck buying a German Montana product for full price, At least when I buy a MTN product, I know my money is ultimately going to Jase, Neon and Co. at MTN USA, and then to the folks at MTN Spain, all of whom actually care about graffiti.

The more i think about it and express my opinion, yeah....I am, as a devout practitioner of graffiti rounding closer to the 2 decade mark, a little bit angry at Montana Germany. Looking at the overall picture, what have they ever done to help us out?

All that being said, I will happily take a free can of their paint. Cool story bro.

0fc378f5-6481-4657-99c1-a9a3160e5e9f.png

Liquitex Spray Paint

I know Krylon has to be kicking themselves in the head right about now. Never wanting to recognize Graffiti Art here we got another brand adding Spray Paint to their product line. As Graffiti Art continues to be more and more accepted, we now have corporate companies moving in and getting their hands dirty. Like sharks smelling the blood. Well here is new product from the Art giant Liquitex. Their new Spray Paint Cans boast Low Odor, Durable, & Permanent, Water Base Technology, & 100 colors to match the Liquitex Spectrum. Wow. Check in and let me know what you think.

video here:

info here:

http://www.liquitex.com/spraypaint/

torn ...

first I saw the tits Wooo

then I saw the paint wooo

then I saw the tits woooooo

then Is aw the armpits wooo-errr.

some of those colours looks really good!

They're not really, though. I mean, the paint is good quality and all, most are reasonably opaque, but they just don't seem to have that pop of european brands. Even the grayish Molotow pastel tones look vivid next to the Rusto equivalent.

Put Painter's Touch Berry Pink against Telemagenta if you don't believe me. It starts to look like ruddy brown primer.

But yeah, those pits are bumming me out.

If i recall correctly from 90's German graff mags, there were a couple strange, seemingly knock-off brands called Felton and Multona. What ever happened to those?

Cool to see that old Aerosol Art can. (5th row from the right) That was the earliest German Montana right? I have one of those, as well as one of the white MTN Hardcore knock off cans. (looks identical to MTN Hardcore but it's white and says made in Germany on the back) I cut the tops off and use them to store caps.

felton and multona were actual brands.

I think Multona and Auto-k were from same factory ad belton RAL (Kwasny)

and felton was spanish stuff whihc inspired the original montana

multona.jpg

felton was shit the guy who started Montana worked there before going it alone

esmalte-en-spray-brillante-de-colores-felton.jpg

I used one can of this stuf and it sucked.

Greenbag's and milk crates. Nuff said.

I've been trying these new(ish) paints here in AUS called NBQ. They aren't too bad, but some colours don't match their wheel very well. Still, nice coverage, and there are some pretty cool colours.