Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

really any reason to be so virulent about the sekt adapters?

#1 they are a clever solution to a frequent problem,

#2 they're re-useable,

#3 while everyone else besides ouija gave up on male valve cans (before anybody carried female caps) the sekt guys were in the lab working their ass off to make this thing, even if it has it's faults,

#4 it's not a "cap" it's an "adapter" so to compare it to cap pricing is unrealistic and unfair. i pay over 90 cents per unit on this thing - and sell it for as low as $1.20, even $1 if you buy 100+ , which is fucking nothing. if you knew the markup people had on regular caps they sell, trust me, you'd see profit turnover wise i'm making a LOT less on the sekt adapters than most companies are making on caps.

and i appreciate the fact that many of the people talking shit on the adapters supported me in other threads, but yo, if you don't like it, cool, but damn don't hate quite so hard it's no more convincing than you just giving a level headed reason on why you don't like em.

and since everyone is pushing their thing in this thread as of late, i will mention, i'm murdering myself with this $3.95 sabotaz + $5 flat rate shipping thing. i mean, i pay over $2.56 per can after shipping and such and after taking the loss w/ UPS on orders across the country, i'm selling the cans for as high as $3.52 and as low as $2.52 depending on your location , after shipping.

molotow grade pigments, european quality standards, chinese prices, only for you americans, while the rest of the world pays $6+ for this paint. hoo rah

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#2 they're re-useable,

#3 while everyone else besides ouija gave up on male valve cans (before anybody carried female caps) the sekt guys were in the lab working their ass off to make this thing, even if it has it's faults,

#4 it's not a "cap" it's an "adapter" so to compare it to cap pricing is unrealistic and unfair. i pay over 90 cents per unit on this thing - and sell it for as low as $1.20, even $1 if you buy 100+ , which is fucking nothing. if you knew the markup people had on regular caps they sell, trust me, you'd see profit turnover wise i'm making a LOT less on the sekt adapters than most companies are making on caps.

and i appreciate the fact that many of the people talking shit on the adapters supported me in other threads, but yo, if you don't like it, cool, but damn don't hate quite so hard it's no more convincing than you just giving a level headed reason on why you don't like em.

and since everyone is pushing their thing in this thread as of late, i will mention, i'm murdering myself with this $3.95 sabotaz + $5 flat rate shipping thing. i mean, i pay over $2.56 per can after shipping and such and after taking the loss w/ UPS on orders across the country, i'm selling the cans for as high as $3.52 and as low as $2.52 depending on your location , after shipping.

molotow grade pigments, european quality standards, chinese prices, only for you americans, while the rest of the world pays $6+ for this paint. hoo rah

You definitely have some of the best deals around for sure hands down.

MORE PEOPLE NEED TO SUPPORT THE LITTLE GUYS!

In the paint / graff business there are 2 kinds of people:

1. People that are in it JUST TO GET RICH, they don't give a fuck about graff or it's lifestyle etc. as long as they are making their money.

2. PEOPLE THAT DO IT BECAUSE THEY LOVE GRAFF and SUPPORT IT. ALOT of people think there is a huge mark up or big profit when there is NOT Especially if you are a small company.

Hell some are actually active writers/graffers, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know the facts and who these people are.

Take a few minutes and get to know your sellers, seperate the real from the fake.

Respect to all who are doing their thing and supporting the Graff way of life.

A few Shops to buy from: Oink, Trout, Renegade, and of course 12oz (if not for this forum we wouldn't be here).

NO specific order like always it's buyers preference since the buyers have all the money :p

Little people need to all work together maybe we should start a Graff Union lol :)

OH yeah "Chinese prices" love that one man definitely got a good chuckle out of that for sure! LOL

^^

As you said yourself, there is no big profit to made in graffiti. So how many people with just get-rich plans do you think there really is? Pretty much everyone doing something with/for graff, got a heart for graff.

Big companies do rake in millions in the graff/art market. The US is a 50+ million a year market by itself.

The little guys making their own inks, paints, or graff related products are doing it because they have a love of graff. I doubt if any of the little guys are making that much money.

It's a free market so if you see oppurtunity and potential then it makes all the sense to grab it.

So you're right to a certain point.

ON the other hand:

If I have a pretty huge set up like a Montana Germany or other companies have since they produce other paints as well.

The cost per can is approx under $2 per can. IN China it's even lower I'd say $1.00 - $1.50 per can.

Montana gold's lowest pricing is $7.20 per can. I've seen it as high as $10+ a can

Now that's a pretty big and nice profit margin

Still Montana Gold is the Louis Vuitton of spray paint. So like they say you get what you pay for.

Just an example of the profit margin

I think this thread would be a lot more productive discussion if NO VENDORS, DISTRIBUTORS, MANUFACTURERS or people who make money off of graffiti products posted here.

i can only speak for myself but i like the idea of a spray paint discussion but loathe the fact that certain people come here and go on about their website, their product, etc..

you guys should get the fuck out. i am really tired of reading back and forth bullshit in a thread which could really be worthwhile.

my product is better than yours, my prices are better than yours, im taking more losses than you, im more down with the movement than you are. DO THAT SHIT SOMEPLACE ELSE. every one of you fuckers should just meet in a parking lot and duke it out. ill judge the match for a couple hundred cans of paint. but otherwise seriously go the fuck elsewhere unless you are here talking about sponsoring some writers and giving back directly. you wanna give me some paint? give some other writers on this forum some supplies? maybe then you'll earn the right to carry on your childish fucking soap opera on OUR forum.

#2 they're re-useable,

I think its pretty funny i pay more for rusto in my local hardware store than you charge for sabotaz. Guess the only reason why i do it is because i want my paint in a rush but its getting pricey so ill be buying at oink a lot more

I think its pretty funny i pay more for rusto in my local hardware store than you charge for sabotaz. Guess the only reason why i do it is because i want my paint in a rush but its getting pricey so ill be buying at oink a lot more

Never used sab but i think its worth the wait.

Dont buy rusto, ever.

Still Montana Gold is the Louis Vuitton of spray paint. So like they say you get what you pay for.

theres belton.....it performs exactly the same and its half the price of your $10 figure. belton has always been industry standard in my eyes. im convinced your operating on lacking knowledge. and whats this bullshit about some people doing just because their love for graff....GTFO. ohhh deen, youre such the graffiti martyr:rolleyes: . who do you think youre fooling?! people start a business to make money, and they intentionally choose markets they are somewhat knowledgeable in and love so A: they wont loose interest and B: may be successful in. In a free market.... the MARKET combined with your strategy determines your profit margin. I hope nobody listens to this clown and his self hype.... if i was 12oz id charge you for trying promoting your product and image.

I think this thread would be a lot more productive discussion if NO VENDORS, DISTRIBUTORS, MANUFACTURERS or people who make money off of graffiti products posted here.

i like the idea of a spray paint discussion but loathe the fact that certain people come here and go on about their website, their product, etc..

^^ like this guy said..... GTFO!

So oink comes on here to talk about the sekt adapters(which are great i must say), and explains that he isn't even making too much off of them, he's risking mad money and saving us tons with the 5 dollar flat rate shipping, and seems to have so far been one of the nicest suppliers by throwing in free shit all the time, and you people are still gonna have nothing to say but hate and "get him off the thread". Even if you aren't the type to order shit, or it just isn't your thing, doesn't mean you need to rip on the people who do and the sites themselves.

So oink comes on here to talk about the sekt adapters(which are great i must say), and explains that he isn't even making too much off of them, he's risking mad money and saving us tons with the 5 dollar flat rate shipping, and seems to have so far been one of the nicest suppliers by throwing in free shit all the time, and you people are still gonna have nothing to say but hate and "get him off the thread". Even if you aren't the type to order shit, or it just isn't your thing, doesn't mean you need to rip on the people who do and the sites themselves.

even tho my comment wasn't necesarily aimed towards oink, I think that anyone associated with the industry should bounce.

I'm kinda dissapointed oink got sucked into even posting in this thread, but I can see how hard it is to bite your tongue when somebody is running their mouth bout who is real and what competitors motives are, when I'm positive the guy has no idea who is behind what.

Oh yeah by the way....was using a rusto tallboy with male valve, and the cap was pretty clean. Wasn't super awesome but I was impressed for a stock cap.

I cant say I agree with almost anything you said in the last few posts. But thats ok. We all are aloud to our own opinion's.

I dont have any issue with someone like Oink, Troutartsupply, Artissin, or even ironwak and so on, coming in here to talk about products that are available on the market or even only on only they're site's or what ever. As long as it not over done or straight spam.

I mean its nice to know whats out there. As some of us dont normally surf the online graf shops or even street stores. Infact I personally try to avoid them both altogether. But thats just me. This thread is about discussing spray paint. If your on here talking about spray paint and tools for spray painting? Then I say your welcome here.

Maybe to tell people bout a product. But not 6 months of the same bullshit bout how your a real graffer (lame term btw) and what your companies unsubstantiated views of other websites and companies.

Someone once told me, if you want to be a boss you just contiually tell people you are.

For six month I've been watching the same guy preach the same shit in bold white font about how real he is and how other companies are in the industry just to make a buck. Shit is tired.

I beleive it's exactly the same stuff as Homestyle paint in the UK. Homestyle was probably the most racked paint during the early 90s, for its' colors and coverage... Looking forward to using these finds on something nice! Been years since I used the stuff - sure the smell will bring back good memories!

Archived