Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe theres a thread for this somewhere else but im wondering, does anyone have a list or any ideas of products i can get caps off or places i can find some caps at, cuzz i been lookin all over and theres no places nearby that have caps... or for that matter maybe something in this thread could mention something about household products and shit like that. good look

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what for, bombing im obviously not gonna go bombing with montana, ill use rustoleum or krylon. Peiceing is another story, If I'm going for a real nice peice I'm going to use Montana, For the thickness of the paint and the colors. I'm not really much of a bomber, so for most of my shit I use montana which hurts my wallet, but it's all good :haha:

Originally posted by WeksVMF@Apr 1 2005, 11:36 PM

Haha I feel what ur saying nerve, up until a while ago there was no places near by that carried caps. There still isn't, I have to bus across the city to buy caps.

so where are you gettin em at now? and again does anyone know any good household products to get caps from or any products at the store i can take some caps from?? id really appreciate i been lookin everywhere from months

Originally posted by anti-graffiti artist@Jan 8 2005, 02:36 AM

Montanna is cool, because they label their colors, right onto the can.

antigraffitiartist.jpg

yea, i guess montanas are good only for their colors. thats about it. montanas also have a fucken high ass price on them. i would only use them for my force field rather than goin bombing with them.

Ok sorry if I sound dumb but im new to all this so bare with me. From reading this im getting the sense that Rustolium is best for filling in, and krylon is best for outlining (without getting into the rediculously expensive priced stuff.) So my question is, what exact kind/kinds of rustolium are you guys refering to, and which cap is best for filling in? Also where do you get these caps. And which kind/kinds of Krylon is best for outlining. And the same for where to buy caps. Alright thanks a lot!

^^Its all personal preference man. Just try different brands and see what best works for you. Awhile ago i started using shitty paint more often. The only time i'd get krylon/rustoleum is for the other colors i cant get with the crappy brands (pinks/purples/blues/greens/etc) I find by using shit paint my skill is slowly improving. You'd be surprised how good a can of krylon feels after outlining for weeks with pretty much water color paint.

where can one buy said caps? I've been using just rustolium with stock caps that ive bought at home depot but i wanna start experimenting with different stuff. Home depot has both Rusto and Krylon but i dont think i have seen any caps there. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by anti-graffiti artist@Jan 8 2005, 01:36 PM

Montanna is cool, because they label their colors, right onto the can.

hmm the new beltons premium have somewhat a plastic ring painted with the color of the can....montana use another technique so the colors that are labelled on and the colors that really are in the can differ from eachother.

walls: belton premium

any steel surface: summer: spanish montanas, winter: belton or german montanas

chrome: belton burner chrome or cromata plata (spanish montanas)

montana gold is fuckin shit, i got some pre-master-series cans as a gift from my usual dealer and they worked out pretty good but the cans that were produced for everyone are filled with a paint that cant coverup anything unless you use one can per squaremeter :huh2:

i'm young with no job and no real steady source of income, so i try to find the best paint for the cheapest prices. flat black, silver, gold, green, red, blue and brown all by Color Place (walmart brand) at $.94 a can work perfect for me. their yellows, whites, oranges and other lighter colors are very runny and drippy, dry transparent and overall aren't even worth 94 cents.

i paint with Rustoleum and Krylon when i have the extra money, but i'll never waste money on black or red. i think Color Place's flat blacks and reds are fine and just buy those. i prefer Rusto to Krylon because Krylon seems a bit more runny/drippy. Rusto's flat white is pretty much all i have on regular basis.

when i need nice colors for a multilayered stencil or whatever, i buy Painter's Touch or American Accents. the paint quality is very nice and the price isn't too bad for the array of colors. good stuff.

i also came across this stuff Quick Color at my local home depot, it's pretty much Rustoleum's $1 can line. the flat black is all i've used so far, but its great quality stuff and also all my tips work on it (ny fats/thins, german outlines, german/rusto fats). german fats are the only caps that work on Color Place besides stock ones, and i like being able to use thins and fats on $1 cans.

i pretty much have a stock of Color Place, a Rusto can or 2, maybe 1 Krylon, and then a few random Painter's Touch or Quick Color cans. works for me.

[edit: Guesser, i see you're new to the game...i really hope you're not getting up with that name.]

i went to walmart today for some 94 cent cans myself and when i was getting them i noticed two paints that caught my eye. stone flecked paint, and hammered paint. now i know the hammered may not be too good, but how about some stone flecked. mind you its about 7.50 (US) so im wondering if anyones tried em cuzz i sure as fuck aint payin that much for some wack shit. but it might look pretty dope even for bombing if you couldnt afford enough for a full piece well fuck it im out. peace

hey has any one used belton or motolow? (i dont even know if they're made by the same company or not) i v used montana (the one with the grid on it) im just wondering how montana, the other montana, motolow, and belton are diferant.

which one do you prefer etc.

peace

I usually buy the walmart stuff for colors I mostly use like black and white, and krylons for some cool colors. Never had a problem with the wal mart stuff except the smell. I didn't try rusto yet, but from what I've been reading, I think I should buy a can or two. I agree with the person who said that "it's not what you have, it's how you use it" post... Big thanks to splint2 for the cap info... This is an awesome thread. It has a butt load of good shit...

Originally posted by NeRVe54@May 22 2005, 06:46 PM

i went to walmart today for some 94 cent cans myself and when i was getting them i noticed two paints that caught my eye. stone flecked paint, and hammered paint. now i know the hammered may not be too good, but how about some stone flecked. mind you its about 7.50 (US) so im wondering if anyones tried em cuzz i sure as fuck aint payin that much for some wack shit. but it might look pretty dope even for bombing if you couldnt afford enough for a full piece well fuck it im out. peace

well, anybody?

Archived