Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

They're not really, though. I mean, the paint is good quality and all, most are reasonably opaque, but they just don't seem to have that pop of european brands. Even the grayish Molotow pastel tones look vivid next to the Rusto equivalent.

Put Painter's Touch Berry Pink against Telemagenta if you don't believe me. It starts to look like ruddy brown primer.

But yeah, those pits are bumming me out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i recall correctly from 90's German graff mags, there were a couple strange, seemingly knock-off brands called Felton and Multona. What ever happened to those?

Cool to see that old Aerosol Art can. (5th row from the right) That was the earliest German Montana right? I have one of those, as well as one of the white MTN Hardcore knock off cans. (looks identical to MTN Hardcore but it's white and says made in Germany on the back) I cut the tops off and use them to store caps.

felton and multona were actual brands.

I think Multona and Auto-k were from same factory ad belton RAL (Kwasny)

and felton was spanish stuff whihc inspired the original montana

multona.jpg

felton was shit the guy who started Montana worked there before going it alone

esmalte-en-spray-brillante-de-colores-felton.jpg

I used one can of this stuf and it sucked.

Greenbag's and milk crates. Nuff said.

I've been trying these new(ish) paints here in AUS called NBQ. They aren't too bad, but some colours don't match their wheel very well. Still, nice coverage, and there are some pretty cool colours.

Has to be said the potent smell of Ironlak makes panel spotting a little easier.

This morning got on train at my station which is underground and at the end of the line so the train stops for a while.

As I got on nose goes "is that Ironlak?" brain answers "YUP and where is the panel?"

dip back out look down the train nada...

Look out the other side see nothing but at next station jump off and a carriage up were two full colour panels

Thanks Ironlak

cool story Br0

The yellows aren't very strong, neither is the Signal Red, but I think the rest are pretty good. I haven't used the whole range, so i can't comment on every single color. The initial run of Pastel Orange and Yellow Green weren't one coat coverage, but the new batch is supposedly more opaque. Again, I haven't had experience with the newest cans.

It's very comparable to Evolve or All City paint. Generally good coverage and compatibility with silver, bare concrete, etc. Not so good for detail work and better suited to fat caps. For the price, I think it's tough to beat.

Hey, have any experience with fresh paint cracking or fading? Never bothered to use it extensively enough so I wouldn't know. Let me know if possible. Stuff is cheap, so it would be nice if it didn't.

Don't know if they would last long. Heard a lot of stories of laks fading in like a month, and cracking and stuff when used with rusto... ?

Panels on passenger trains never last long fading aint an issue.

funnily enough I saw them again this morning on way to work...

Hey, have any experience with fresh paint cracking or fading? Never bothered to use it extensively enough so I wouldn't know. Let me know if possible. Stuff is cheap, so it would be nice if it didn't.

I've noticed some pieces I've done with Fresh Paint have minor fading already, but only with certain colors. It is extremely affordable and it's basically the same as Ironlak, I really like the stuff, but I don't expect it to have the staying power on a wall as Belton or Rusto. Also, I have noticed significant cracking when layering over Rusto with it.

Yeah im in Nyc and places that sell rusto have them for like 7-8 dollars, when i can get mtn at a graffiti shop called scrap yard for like 5-6 dollars

Yeah, loved the scrapyard. When I stopped in NYC I stopped there to get my paint in order to paint at 5PTZ. Loved that place. Met some really cool people and saw the sickest stuff. Best experience of my life. Anyways, can't believe rusto goes for that now.

Archived