Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATTENTION: PLEASE HELP MAD ESC.KD.WH.NSF WITH HIS FIGHT AGAINST CANCER.

http://madvscancer.bigcartel.com/

Here's a link to a site that's taking donations for this cause. They're also looking for artists to donate work to be sold off. 100% of the profits will go toward helping MAD battle this terrible disease.

Please donate whatever you can and spread this message to everyone you know. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

info about MTN Hardcore 2 from Jase at MTN:

"The valve has not changed. Same caps will fit. The paint has been re-formulated to dry faster. Some colors have been discontinued and 40 new colors have been introduced. Probably more later.

Original Hardcore will probably cease to exist sometime this summer"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The yellows aren't very strong, neither is the Signal Red, but I think the rest are pretty good. I haven't used the whole range, so i can't comment on every single color. The initial run of Pastel Orange and Yellow Green weren't one coat coverage, but the new batch is supposedly more opaque. Again, I haven't had experience with the newest cans.

It's very comparable to Evolve or All City paint. Generally good coverage and compatibility with silver, bare concrete, etc. Not so good for detail work and better suited to fat caps. For the price, I think it's tough to beat.

http://www.liquitex.com/spraypaint/

Got a chance to use a can of this the other day. Unlike every other brand on the market, this seems to be geared heavily towards fine art, rather than craft painting, hobbyists or graffiti. It seemed to me like if i were to water down regular acrylic paint and spray it out of a spray bottle. i can see where they're going with this paint, and it's not necessarily for aerosol art. I think it's geared more towards stenciling and fine art applications.

My personal advice is not to waste your money on this unless you intend on using it for canvas and fine art applications. It's not really geared towards graffiti art in my opinion, despite what appears on their demo/promo video.

Most writers in America use Rustoleum, correct?

They changed their valve system to male and caps to female.

I'm wondering what female caps do people rack to fit these?

I use Pam caps and the Sect adapters, but those adapters have low pressure. I see heads using Sects, but everyone used to steal caps like Stoner thins and Elmers, so what are yall using now?

Archived