Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fresh paint is made in china, Deen, on the other hand, is trying to push an American made product. Hopefully his new formula will be alot better than the first. But u gotta give da man his props, for doing what he is doing. Shit is not easy.

With Artissin, I didn't mind the lack of coverage so much as the rusto valve the paint has. I got a can of the Mint Green and some red that was similar to Rusto Regal Red. It reminded me of late 90's Krylon in terms of coverage, which is workable. The valve is shit for any detail work, which defeats the purpose of artist-specific paint to me.

The chinese paint is so cheaply made. It fades so quick out here in the Colorado sun, especially the pinks, and the purple/pink/red bleed thru is the deal breaker for me. I like the price, but damn. Even Walmart paint never bled through white.

With Artissin, I didn't mind the lack of coverage so much as the rusto valve the paint has. I got a can of the Mint Green and some red that was similar to Rusto Regal Red. It reminded me of late 90's Krylon in terms of coverage, which is workable. The valve is shit for any detail work, which defeats the purpose of artist-specific paint to me.

The chinese paint is so cheaply made. It fades so quick out here in the Colorado sun, especially the pinks, and the purple/pink/red bleed thru is the deal breaker for me. I like the price, but damn. Even Walmart paint never bled through white.

WORD!!! Artissin was like old krylon to me.

Hey guys,

haven't been on here in a while, and it's 3:30am i just got done feeding my 4 month old and need sleep before the next work day, so i'm not going back reading pages as i should, however, some short responses:

-I think it's a bit unfair to characterize Fresh Paint as "chaining factory workers to machines", quite the opposite, we actually have worked very closely with the factory to insure that we pay more than fair amounts on EVERY aspect so i have no doubt the workers are paid fairly on a Chinese basis. but anywho,

Fresh Paint is 100% owned by me, made in China, same factory as Evolve, All City, and probably Flame, possibly but maybe not Ironlak.

It does NOT bleed through (red, pink, etc) white as Lak did. Not sure why but it doesn't, from many rounds of personal use.

Every color is thick, and good. We will have 36 colors by 2012.

I am NOT unlike some other brands trying to claim this is good for every use paint.

This is the BEST PRICED CHINESE PAINT OUT. PERIOD. Same or better quality as all others.

With that being said, i cannot guarantee it won't fade, although reports of Evolve fading are much less frequent than Ironlak, and this is definitely made at same factory as Evolve.

Regarding Sabotaz:

As long as oinkartltd.com is still up, we will still carry Sabotaz, period.

We have been waiting on a restock over 60 days, so for sure it is not our desire to not have it (and we've been paying, it's been Greek delays not ours).

We will 100% for sure have a 120 color restock by Sept 20.

+ 600's, etc. Price will be same, $3.95 each (400ml 120 colors Sabotaz 80).

Regarding the USA brand mentioned here:

Myself and the manufacturer have a good relationship. I've indicated clearly to him that i'm interested in carrying the product if it's thick enough and i think i can make good sales on it.

***please, don't diss me or my products to sell his/yours. I'm not doing it to you - and let's face it, if i wanted to, i'm pretty good at these kind of tactics - so please, let's just say they're different products, with different pros and cons, and not knock one to promote the other.***

You can say what you want of me or my morals, etc, i am truly down for writers though and have pitched the:

manufacturer -> wholesaler -> retailer -> customer

model to say

manufacturer -> retailer/customer

We are offering Fresh Paint, a high end Chinese made paint, for less retail than Ironlak offers their compareable product WHOLESALE. ($2.95 each retail, Lak $3.00+ wholesale)

We are offering it wholesale for the lowest price designer paint has EVER been sold for in the USA ($2.50 each w/ $10 flat rate shipping) with the lowest minimum requirement of only 300 cans.

I'm doing the best i can to offer a good selection of sprays, Chinese and Euro made, for the lowest price around period. I feel pretty good with the progress i've made on this front recently. I'm now hard at work for next round of Sabotaz, then next round of FP, then new Sabotaz products by 2012 (RAL exact match line which is supposed to be insane, super low pressure etc, OWL line which is made for bombing, 40 colors all real thick) and hopefully Oink made in a factory (USA we're talking to) by 2012.

I love you guys. Really. Some may think i have alterior motives, i don't, or i'd be focusing on a much more profitable industry.

So, in conclusion, if you want more info on FP:

http://www.FreshSprayPaint.com

If you want to personally tell me what you think of FP, sabotaz, my voice on youtube videos:

oinkartltd@gmail.com or text/call 732 646 5278 - you will talk to me personally ONLY

Huge thanks for everything, everyone, 12oz prophet is my original home, i wish i had more time to be here lately but please know i think of you every day and am doing my best to make ya'll proud...

peace

james

how is that fresh paint? Its pretty inexpensive.

Better question may be whats wrong with it

i mean, really? nothing is wrong with it. jesus christo guys.

instead of offering wholesale i am offering you the wholesale price directly.

nothing is wrong with it. except maybe with me for not selling for more since apparently higher price is proof of higher quality.... :p

forgive my bitchyness - nothing is wrong with it, I CHOSE TO NOT HAVE DONUT TO NOT DICKRIDE SPANISH MONTANA, *NOT* any other reason

I CHOSE to have only 12 colors because i wanted each one proper before i expanded, not trying to have 80 colors i don't stand behind, so 12 first then 36 then worry about more.

nothing is wrong with it - it is the same or better quality as any other Chinese made brand, and is NOT made in some off factory, it's made in exact same factory as evolve/all city/etc and i personally chose the changes to make it different, instead of just coming out with some clone can and claiming it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

if anything i like to think of myself as honest, and i'm being straight up with you.

Fresh Paint is Chinese made, good and bad comes with that.

Sabotaz is Euro made - good: pigments don't fade. bad: cost is a bit higher. sometimes stock is delayed due to factory issues, etc.

i'm not here to push either one, and if you use only rusto, cool, i'm not against that either. have a great day everyone and holler at me anytime!

I think a lot of writers are a little sketched out because there's so many new products flooding the market, mainly from China, and it doesn't seem like the same level of quality is behind them as the "western" brands. In the past two years it seems like chinese manufacturers have really jumped into the artist paint market with questionable product. After using the paint, no one can argue that the Chinese brands are on the same level as Belton, Rusto, or MTN. I understand that it's a different product, maybe geared towards a different segment of the market. In my own personal experience, the problems outweigh the low price, and I'm wary about any paint produced in China because of it. I don't think anyone is attacking Oink Art or you personally, or any other guy who's getting paint made in China. Its just that the consumer is much more wary now.

I think where you're going with Fresh Paint seems like a good example for others to follow. I'd rather have 12 colors that work well and are compatible with each other than 100 colors that bleed, fade, bubble through, and won't spray with a thin cap.

@ james,

Understand nothing I said in my post should be construed as a dis or a jab against you. You have always dealt fairly with me and have on occasion have gone the extra mile to make sure my shit was correct. I have nothing but good shit to say about you and your operation, and have done so when asked, on numerous occasions. You took the time to make sure your product isn’t being made with slave labour, (I opened my mouth with out knowing all the facts, not the first time... lol) that makes you the ultra-rare exception, most companies could give two shits in that regard. I have my own problems with Chinas human rights record and the US-China political/economic relationship. Someday they are gonna come knocking wanting their money, and they aren’t gonna take a check, what then… but that’s probably better left for “cross fire”. Do I buy shit made in China, yea I do, it’s almost impossible not to in this day and age. I use Evolve, I have used Ironlak in the past, and most likely, when I get paid on the 15th I’m gonna order some Fresh Paint. It’s just an economic reality, I’m too old and have too much to lose over a stupid racking beef, and I’m not forking over $9 a can for ANY paint. Closeout store $1 silvers and OSH flat black will only get you so far.

Also, glad to hear you aren’t dropping Sabotaz.

HALzilla:

I agree with the first sentence 100%.

i think the reality is, China is generally NOT good at innovating, but they are good at mass production once they've figured out how to make a basic, "acceptable grade" product. You don't buy the DVD player at wal mart because you expect it to last 10 years and provide the best performance you buy it because it works and is cheap. So yeah, i guess what i'm saying is, i think Chinese factories that make spray paint all cooperate together and at least 2 major ones are producing for ANYONE that has $50,000. Good part is: more selection, fighting for price competition wise. Bad part is: proliferation of Chinese paints.

AT THE SAME TIME: Euro paint should take some responsibility for this happening because of their repetitive droughts. For too long Spanish Montana simply wasn't available because they decided not to sell to USA for 3 months to sell limited stock in Europe instead, etc. One thing i'll say for these Chinese guys, they're about business. They give you a date, they meet it, they are very efficient. I was able to turn in design, colors, payment in the time i sold out of sabotaz and had that stock before sabotaz restock made it here… that's pretty crazy!!

i agree on the last sentence 100% also.

AND PLEASE KNOW:

I AM FROM THE JUMP SAYING IT'S CHINESE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL BAMBOOZLED.

When (enter the new chinese brand) came out and didn't say it was made in China, the propaganda mission gets kicked into high gear - there are 2 chinese brands distributed in america right now claiming they're using better pigments - they're not, the shit is the exact same (had rep's from 3 factories confirm this, that they all use same pigment supplier) and i gotta think people are going to be pissed when their freights fade from their supposedly superior paint.

I am NOT going to lie to you. I am not going to overhype it - i'll tell you , you want non-fading, high performance paint, buy European made. Want a lower price, great coverage, bright bright colors, Chinese brands will probably fit the bill.

Mr. eviltrailer:

thanks for your explanation and kind words i really do appreciate it.

thank you also on the company man :D we really appreciate it!

yeah, at the same time, you're right man quite honestly i have no clue what they're doing. i asked, and was given an answer that sounded good to me,

basically,

that they don't produce paint for the domestic market, only for Europe + USA so they have to abide by european and US human rights standards, and that the graffiti market was niche enough that it allowed them to pay their people fair wages and avoid overworked schedules (which was partly blamed for the leakers early on with Lak, where it was suspected that at the end of shifts mistakes were made.)

anymahoo i do agree there are some severe discrepancies in the treatment of workers, managers and owners in that country. i hope that by having a positive business and not exerting undue pressure onto the producers we can help to make a better work environment for the hard working people who actually put these cans together - but we will see…

for sure brother sabotaz for life! ;D

Thank you Stakk. i appreciate it bro.

OK i'll stop trying to overrun this thread ;D thanks again everyone have a great weekend!

6035703972_a06e530fcf.jpg

Peace to Edward Seymour #spraypaint #history

"Aerosol Spray Paint" in a can (as we know it today) was invented in 1949 by Edward Seymour of Illinois. Ed Seymour devised a novelty spray gun to demonstrate an aluminum paint he had created for painting steam radiators. Rumor has it that Edward's wife Bonnie had given him the idea of an aerosol applicator for paint (taken from spray deodorizers and insecticides at the time.) His "spray paint" invention was only intended to show sales prospects how the paint would look when applied to surfaces. However, it became so popular that Edward went on to create a company "Seymour of Sycamore, Inc." of Chicago, USA, to manufacture his spray paints. To this day, the company is still in operation with multiple facilities totaling 220,000 square feet in Sycamore, Illinois (60 miles west of Chicago.) It also happens that Aluminum, the first spray paint color created, still has the best coverage today.

6035703936_6a45a52202.jpg

6035704018_b6504f9983.jpg

Seymour of Sycamore, Inc. warehouse facilities in 1996.

We reached out to the company to see if they still had the first can of spray paint produced, as it would be very interesting to see. Unfortunately, they no longer had the inital cans nor photos. The did send over the photo below which is the oldest can in their possession from 1954. It is a chrome yellow can of spray paint with a soup-can like appearance. I believe that under the cap is a rubber nozzle and these cans had to be sprayed downward at a 45 degree angle (please correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm also sure there's all kinds of horrible chemicals in this can.

6035704804_d7b85d7333_z.jpg

More Aerosol Facts:

Going further back, the aerosol can was invented by Erik Rotheim of Norway. On November 23, 1927, Rotheim patented a can with a valve and propellant systems - it could hold and dispense liquids.

The first aerosol can (a can than contains a propellant [a liquefied gas like flurocarbon] and has a spray nozzle) was invented in 1944 by Lyle David Goodloe and W.N. Sullivan. They were working for the U.S. Department of Agriculture and were trying to find a way to spray and kill malaria carrying mosquitos during World War II for the soldiers overseas.

6035821148_6ea489e9a8.jpg

The 50's wasn't even that long ago and it makes you wonder... If aerosol spray paint was never invented, would graffiti be around as we know it today? If spray paint was invented sooner, would graffiti be at a more advanced stage than it is today?

found here:

http://blog.smart-crew.com/

its also a smelly mess, i havent found a can i can get a clean outline out of, i used it just on a hunch one night, and got stoked when it covered wet rusto chrome , till i came came back for flicks in the daylite,i put the camera away,

any one have a can that makes a decant outline?

Archived