WE ARE FUCKED

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by KaBar2@Nov 3 2004, 01:49 AM

If the Republicans win, maybe that's a sign that the Democratic Party is a little too far Left. Keep in mind, when there was a conservative wing of the Democratic Party, they controlled Congress for over FORTY YEARS, and dominated in the South for about a hundred.

Democrats too far left? Are you joking?

The entire US political landscape exists on the right side of the spectrum. There is no real left in America.

The Republicans are too far right. Check it out: www.politicalcompass.org

Originally posted by KaBar2@Nov 3 2004, 02:39 AM

Poop Man Bob---

Come on man, you know that the "popular vote" doesn't mean anything. The only vote that really counts is the Electoral Vote, and we have had a couple of instances in history where an elector refused to vote the way the popular vote indicated he should.

It's like the "popular vote" at a baseball game. Only the referee's vote counts, the crowd's displeasure notwithstanding. We do not live in a DEMOCRACY. We live in a Constitutional Republic. And according to the Constitution, the Electoral College votes for President and Vice-President.

GODDAMN YOU FUCKING KABAR. Don't take one small portion of my statement and run with it, without acknowledging everything else I wrote. I swear that you continue to do this solely to bother me. I mean, are you really that obtuse that you can't read everything I typed? You're a classic Republican (regardless of how you voted): jump on one clause someone said [global test], and completely ignore the context and any surrounding clauses/sentences.

You said:

Nobody likes losing an election, it sucks. Here's the good news--they often run from the extremes, but to GOVERN, they must do so from the MIDDLE. If Bush wins, it will certainly be no "mandate," not with the vote split 50-50. He must moderate his views, or risk priming the pump for the Democrats in 2008.

I said:

What?! Bush lost the 2000 popular vote, and he certainly didn't govern from the middle. Why should he have to? He's got Republican control of the House, the Senate, and the Supreme Court.

I'm convinced you typed the above statement in 2000 and just replaced '2004' with '2008.' Bush has NO reason to govern from the middle now, not that he ever has or would.

Let me explain it in really small sentences: You believe that Bush doesn't have a 'mandate' because the electorate is so closely split. You say that Bush will thus have to govern from the middle. I said, uhm, no, he won't have to govern from the middle. In 2000, the electorate was even MORE closely split, hence my reference to him losing the popular vote. Despite this, Bush did NOT govern from the middle. Instead, he governed from the far right.

In summary: the electorate being split 51-48 does not mean Bush will govern from the middle. History states he will do otherwise. As does common sense.

Originally posted by Daze One Million@Nov 3 2004, 10:34 AM

democracy is a form of government in wich the soveriegn or ruling power is in the hands of the people and is excercised by them directly, or indirectly, through thier elected represenitives

we elected our represenitives to dish out the electoral votes, thats a democracy,we live in a democracy

You think we [the people] elect the electors that make up the electoral college? Really? Are you sure?

If you're sure, you're surely wrong.