BALTIMORE

robJ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baltimore is not NYC.

Baltimore is not DC.

Baltimore is Baltimore.

The styles here are old and will never DIE... New jacks need to learn about the originators and what Bmore style is all about> Fuck the internet and its so called representation of a city or scene. Bmore writers kept to themselves and never followed the crowd. We don't need to be up in the mags or flashed in the video's to prove we have style.

Take DAVER, dude burns- funny thing is that his letter style is 25 years or older (ZEK/MASK) and still fresh! And SHAKEN, my God you just don't understand... That guy is a fucking monster when it comes to bombing-APES has nothing on JAMONE or KSW. Also WILD blasted everything back in the day and did it with style. Big ups SHE,WILD,JASE. There are also a lot of ghetto writers who would catch wreck, but they are pretty much unknown in the graff circles.

Not sure if that was directed at me but all I am saying is that it would be better to see the entire production as a whole. Has nothing to do with where the graf is at.

I agree, being an old school NY writer 20+ I can see the evolution of styles from the 60's to present day, from the straight letters to the wild style to the flowery sprites and even styles localized from thier geographical area but in the end its all the same, an art form that would never be understood by those outside the culture and continually debated by those that live the life..