PLEASE LEND ADVICE

dr. frink one

want to start airbrushing....

let me know if you know of good airbrush brands,

compressors

how much i should pay for paint....

how much for anything else

and how much canvasses are.

I am going out tommorrow. Maybe if I have some extra cash I'll finally fulfill seekings dream of having a canvas...haha

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest wakassOATH

hmmm ive always wanted a air brush for super detailed canvass' but i never had the cash and i you can get some chill efects from a normal can

Guest Nokturnal One

Airbrushing is difficult but if you can burn with a can then you already have a step up on alot of people. It is different ,but how you lay your colours is pretty much the same. Most of the work I have done is freehand work, I rarely use stencils cuz they are a pain in the ass. Be patient, dont expect that the first time you paint you will do something wicked, Try and learn the brush on scrap paper, understand how the flow works,how thin your paint is. I use a pache airbrush model Vl it seems to serve its purpose.About $150 Canadian is what I paid came with a couple mixing jars and connecting hose. At first I used a shitty ass Canadian tire compressor and it did suck. It was loud as sin,and it didn't have a proper regulator. Spend your money on a good compressor ,I paid almost $800 but Its has already paid for itself in the 1st year I used it. There is alot of troubleshooting when airbrushing so many things to take into consideration, paint to thin or thick, Not enough pressure,Maybe too much.I run at about 40-80 Pounds. Peep some of my work in the benching Canvas styles pt2 :D :D ;)

iv found that if your on a budget, buying the wood, and canvans, and streching the shit yourself is much cheper than buying a ready to go canvas, you can also make the size what ever the hell you want that way too. it can be a pain in the as though, making the frame, and all, dont forget to gesso the canvass either, most ready to go canvasses come pre gessoed(sp?) i belive

Archived