do you sniff GLUE?

Oliver Clothesoff

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fr8 guy 79@Feb 24 2005, 01:24 AM

What a shameless bite!!! Sigh was Felon,Geso,Grey,Lead and now Glue! I mean yeah he paints alot but this guy is a sucker when it comes to creativity, dude must be big to carry all that weight on his back..

are you really that dumb :huh2: if im not mistaking that sigh is actually painted by glue...dont be so quick to jump on that he's such a biter bandwagon :rolleyes:

ok- sigh painted that sigh piece. glue did NOT paint the sigh piece nor the stie piece. i am interested to see what ppl think since at least 3 people seemed to be SURE that glue did that piece. these people are WRONG. if you doubt this, look at the handstyle next to the sigh piece and compare it to any of glue's handwriting.

not trying to start shit, just trying to start discussion.

joewelcome may be right....i think the only way we'll know for sure though is if one of them dudes actually came on here to set the story straight....and my comment above wasn't a for sure comment....i just don't see why sigh would try to seriously bite that hard on that new of a style...doesn't make sence to me...but you are right that the hands don't match up but maybe glue thought it was time to switch up the handstyle???? OH WILL WE EVER KNOW????? :ballcap:

Originally posted by uknowmyname@Feb 24 2005, 08:36 PM

im sure those guys dont care who you are or what you think.I see no resemblence with stie letters looking like glue, sure maybe the 3d shines may look similar but glue didnt copyright those ...yeahhhh

WHAT THE FUCK>??? STYLE IS NOT SIMILAR?? OK... BUT LOOK AT THAT ' G '

I also thought that glue did it for sigh... but it does say DOS on the left hand side of that piece.

QUOTE FROM JOEY..

Eddie- you bring up a good point, despite being wrong- it's Green Apple AA in that tag. So chill on your fancy comments. This is a typical problem that modern writers seem to have- kids go and buy paint from Blowes or Home Despot and think that's all there is. Or worse, they mailorder it all and their shit just looks canned.

One of the major points that a of writers today are missing is that you need to be out there looking for paint. I don't mean collector shit necessarily, but shit to use. Bargain stores, hardware closeout, etc. The art of being able to use ANYTHING at all and making it work is key. I know for a fact that Glue's shit is almost entirely US paint, with a little bit of Euro shit and mixed colors. But the reason that ppl will look at his shit and think that is because this guy KNOWS his colors, tries all kinds of weird ass paint, and make shit work while pulling off some schemes that many ppl never thought of. Anyone who's tried some weird ass 99 cent shit and came off with it knows what I mean. This cat comes off as fresh as hell partially because he does the work and takes the chances with color and paint that many heads do not.

...DAMN SKIPPY. GLUE IS MAD PHAT. TO ANYONE WHO SAYS HIS PIECES ARE ALL THE SAME,,THAT'S CRAZY TO ME CUZ MOST ALL WRITERS HAVE THEIR OWN STYLES..ITS ALL IN THERI HEADS AND HOW THEY SEE THEIR NAME'S BEING WRITTEN. IF MBER BUSTED OUT SOME CRAZY ASS WILDSTYLE JOINT..HMMM. TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK IS RIGHT.

..AS FOR THE BITERS..WORD UP. IS GLUE WILL BECOME A TRENDSETTER THEN.."THAT'S THE JOINT." - THE FUNKY 4 + 1. NAW BUT THATS ILL FOR HIM.

..BY THE WAY..PLEASE DON'T JOCK THESE CRAZY TRENDS OF THE Y2K. GRAFF IS ALL ABOUT BEING ORIGINAL....

..AND SEARCHING OUT THE ILLEST COLORS AT THE MOM AND POPS JOINTS. WORD UP TO MY MAN JOEY WELCOME. :king:

glue came out of nowhere...

You can compare him to sigh , i guess,because of high #s in short time..

but dont jump as far as saying sigh is original, thats a joke of its own.

Glue is a really good painter. Sigh is a really good painter.

Alot of people are really good painters.

Props to glue, and sigh for that matter, for a quantity of quality.

You can always say somebody looks like somebody, I see in glue a little bit of a bunch of big name heads.

Their all good at their shit and Glue just dropped his name in the hat.

bump.

Originally posted by poppy183@Feb 26 2005, 07:13 PM

This is a typical problem that modern writers seem to have- kids go and buy paint from Blowes or Home Despot and think that's all there is. Or worse, they mailorder it all and their shit just looks canned.

One of the major points that a of writers today are missing is that you need to be out there looking for paint. I don't mean collector shit necessarily, but shit to use. Bargain stores, hardware closeout, etc. The art of being able to use ANYTHING at all and making it work is key.

i don't see the significance of your point on paint usage. some of us don't give a shit about using off brands. i have my own ways of copping my paint i won't get in to, but it's tried and true and i rarely deviate. this may limit my palette but it's also a stable platform to work from. how the fuck is bobby freight nerd gonna know i used montana silver as opposed to rusto aluminum or plastikote silver? he's not going to know and for all intensive purposes it doesn't really matter.

johnny..

i appreciate the comment (btw, the term is "intents and purposes" but intensive purposes is an interesting twist)...

i'm not a freight nerd, but i am a paint nerd and i made the comment that poppy quoted. with silvers, sure, it sometimes doesn't matter what the hell you used- but the person using it sure knows what kind of quality the paint is.

my intention with that comment was to point out how lame i think it is to mailorder paint or to only buy paint at a home depot or whatever. people come over and see paint that's NEW that they never saw before. to me, part of this game is knowing a LOT about paint, trying different shit, seeking all kinds of new color schemes and just being aware. i know lots of older heads, most of whom don't collect paint at all, but they all KNEW their paint very well. i've seen old subway painters turn into little kids when they see a catalog of the old krylon colors they used to use- that's the passion that i think is missing. the love for the medium is only part of it, but i believe it's a very big part.

anyways...i'm gonna flap my jaw as usual.

Guest da wizzard

glue has great letters...great colors...great numbers....i guess that generates hate in people...but i ain't hatin' at all. i like catchin' a glueski....its usually a banger.

Archived