Neck Face Book

slum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good point whoever it was.

This shit aint original at all!

I'll compare it to goths...they dress like that because they think it makes them "individuals" and "unique" but really it just lumps them into a whole different social clique and its been done a million times before.

This shit looks like a 4th grade teacher called a parent teacher conferance to show them what thier son is doing instead of his school work. Garbage and any idiot can get up. So saying "he gets mad ups" is no exscuse for for the trash this jerkoff puts on walls.... in fact next time i see his work in the streets i'm diss'n it.

STRAIGHT HATING 2004

Originally posted by stoopit@Nov 3 2004, 05:52 AM

...any idiot can get up. So saying "he gets mad ups" is no exscuse for for the trash this jerkoff puts on walls.... in fact next time i see his work in the streets i'm diss'n it.

yes, any idiot can get up, but they don't. i have no clue what you write, but i'll gurantee you're not even close to half as up as he is. so if it's so easy, what's your excuse? and feel free to dis him. unless you have a little rep of your own, you're just gonna be playing yourself by doing so.

you guys are sticking to an argument that is irrelivent. no one is saying it's original. ces is not 'original'. JA, SI, and SKUF are not 'original'. do they suck too?

seeks/hate if you want, but don't try to rationalize it.

Originally posted by seeking+Nov 3 2004, 10:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seeking - Nov 3 2004, 10:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-stoopit@Nov 3 2004, 05:52 AM

...any idiot can get up. So saying "he gets mad ups" is no exscuse for for the trash this jerkoff puts on walls.... in fact next time i see his work in the streets i'm diss'n it.

i have no clue

seeks/hate if you want, but don't try to rationalize it.

[/b]

You said it, so allow me to clue you in

graffiti is about getting up and say it with me now FLEXING YOUR SKILL

ja,skuf,si rock dope throwies hand styles and other aspects of graffiti

that require skill and practice. NECKFACE offers nothing to the future and progression of our culture. I ain't saying he is not a artist.He just isn't a good one but to each his own and must be making a impact on the right people if he got his own book. And by the way seeking there is no rationalization to spraypainting your name on property that isn,t yours.

Exactly..the only reason this guy gets any attention is because people think he is doing somethin originaal and unique, even tho its ugly as shit.

I think the point is that this guy aint really a graffiti artist at all... HEs just another art fag street artist.

Don't you guys think that the reason that Neck Face has achieved so much popularity so fast among the "art crowd" (i.e. not writers) is that he uses images?

People like the idea of graff, but they don't really have any point of reference as to what is good or bad writing. Put it this way. Most people on the board will at least agree that Twist has a very nice hand, but this is really not what has made him so popular among the mainstream (or even non-mainstream) art crowd. It's his faces. When did Kaws start getting a lot of press in art mags? When he stopped doing pieces (more or less) and started doing those skull faces.

Neck Face does images, and writes very legible stuff next to them. "Regular folks" are going to notice. Throw in a New Yorker article and tell everyone that Beck bought some Neck Face pieces and a lot of people are going to start talking. It's not a big mystery.

Personally I go back and forth. Sometimes it's annoying. Somtimes it's funny. I'm pretty sure he's going for both of these things, so he's doing something right...

I just think that anyone who says that "graff is about flexing your skills with dope throws" or whatever is missing the point.

Whoever wants to write or draw whatever they want does it wherever they want.

Don't like it?

Go over it, buff it or talk about it on the internet.

i'm telling you, if you guys saw how ugly he is, it would change your whole perception of him. if dude was some pretty boy art school student i'd have hated him twice as much, but he's not. he's a little trollish looking guy with heavy metal hair and bad skin. he looks like his art. that shit is real as hell.

his stuff is stll ugly as hell to me, but i respect him for doing his thing.

Originally posted by PeakLCO@Nov 3 2004, 07:14 PM

Exactly..the only reason this guy gets any attention is because people think he is doing somethin originaal and unique, even tho its ugly as shit.

I think the point is that this guy aint really a graffiti artist at all... HEs just another art fag street artist.

No, he gets attention because it's out there. I don't think it's original or unique, nor will I buy the book. Nor would I ask him to hit my book if I met him, I don't really like the shit.. but he is up, otherwise this wouldn't be here. If it were just 9 or 10 stupid sentence fragments and crude character no one would notice; so it might just be a few more than 9 or 10. Now, if it bothers you that handfulls of MTV interns are getting his shit tattooed across their bodies.. well fuck, I don't know...that's all on you homeboy.

I don't know anyone who's that preoccupied with what other people are doing about being preoccupied with what other people are doing that it actually affects their overall opinion of what the initial guy is doing, but what do I know, I talk in circles.

Originally posted by sammysnyderz@Nov 4 2004, 04:34 PM

Don't you guys think that the reason that Neck Face has achieved so much popularity so fast among the "art crowd" (i.e. not writers) is that he uses images?

People like the idea of graff, but they don't really have any point of reference as to what is good or bad writing. Put it this way. Most people on the board will at least agree that Twist has a very nice hand, but this is really not what has made him so popular among the mainstream (or even non-mainstream) art crowd. It's his faces. When did Kaws start getting a lot of press in art mags? When he stopped doing pieces (more or less) and started doing those skull faces.

Neck Face does images, and writes very legible stuff next to them. "Regular folks" are going to notice. Throw in a New Yorker article and tell everyone that Beck bought some Neck Face pieces and a lot of people are going to start talking. It's not a big mystery.

Personally I go back and forth. Sometimes it's annoying. Somtimes it's funny. I'm pretty sure he's going for both of these things, so he's doing something right...

yo thats a very good point...

i give this guy no respect...yes he gets up but who fuckin cares. i cant believe that he actually has a book out now. from what i can tell the book looks shitty as well. a bunch of neck face drawings and his boring tags and characters. and no im not jealous of this guy or as "up" as he is. i prefer quality work.

i'd rather see a Samo book published, but whatever. Or at least wait till this guy's been writing more than three years or what have you. Like, stayhigh 159 can write a book now and sell his paintings on the street because of his legendary status and recognizable symbol, but i guess neckface can write a book now because it's a good move in the art world. just like how kaws can sell $3.4 billion dollar 4-inch toys and cause just as much controversy/publicity. I'd love to have the ability and name to be able to publish a book right now. sadly, i'm still making paintings. so props for doing a few things i havent.

anyway, you're all getting played if you even know who he is.

yeah neckface would be way more fresh if he like was reppin' a crew and busted out some bad ass burners..the dude is probaly eating a tv dinner listening to slayer laughing at all of us for actually making him a topic of discussion..He is not original at all. But that is how the world turns. I mean when i first saw neckface i thought of Toy machine or at least Ed Templeton. But oh well people bite shit allllll the time. Some one does something "original" people see it and want a peice of it. As far as the dude getting a book published, dude has to have some bills to pay so i give him props. I mean he could just paint some fly ass murals or go into graphic design.. It no different. You guys are just jealous that you can't draw monsters and arms everywhere and get paid for it. Just my 2 cents.

Manowar/Doing things that have already been done before.

• 6 months later...

yo, hating on neckface just means your a wimp ass bitch writer. the dude gets up like CRAZY... everywhere, all over the world. And, if your gonna "dis" on the dude and write over his shit, you will just look like a pathetic kid with no guts who is just as jealous as the rest of the never-gonna-make-a-difference graff community writers.... And his characters are sick! the dude is a fuckin force!

I still think his work is ugly as hell, but sometimes you gotta give credit where its due. The guy put in alot of work, and did something that caught the art scenes attention on a whole different level. If he's getting paid now, good for him.

The fact that Neck Face causes such a stir whenever he is brought up is a testament to his success.

I may not care too much for his stuff but...

A) he gets up.....really fucking up

B) he's making money off of something he loves doing

hey, high fives to the guy for making something of himself

i think alot of you hating on him dislike the fact that his shit is up and its NOT traditional..

its NOT somthing you want in a " RAP " video.

it scream's METAL ... EVIL shit.

if people are getting the panty's in a wad because graff is bigger than you want it to be EAT A DICK.

there is no rules.

and all you get to do is cry about it.

or how about some of the shit i read,.. "beat him up"... "someone should punch him in the face"

are you kidding me.?

what are you fucking 12?

that's somthing a real man would do,... smash your face because he doesn't like your style...

scumbag shit if you ask me.

grow a pair.

if you don't like it tuff. deal with it. go on oprah.

p.s. im not even a fan,.. just sticking up for those who actually write and don't need a standard to stick to.

fuck your rules.

Archived