It's the I <3 Huckabees thread!

Guest fr8lover

Guest fr8lover

My choice for the movie of the year, so far.

i-heart-huckabees-1.jpg

For me, it was smart in a stupid sort of way. Maybe I was the only one, but it made me think about life and what it is to enjoy yourself everyday...Maybe it wasn't meant to be analyzed that deep, but I guess I sort of "got it" once the movie ended.

- Schwartzman plays his usual neurotic, awkward kinda character very well.

- Though good in the flick, Jude Law's American accent could use some help.

- Fuckin' Marky Mark STOLE THE SHOW. This guy is a GOOD actor.

- The comedic duo of Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin is movie gold. Tomlin has always been a slept on comedic genius...QUIT SLEEPING!

huckabees1.jpg

And my favorite quotes:

Mr Hooten: What happened to the cat Albert?

Albert: How'd you know about a cat?

Mr Hooten: Curiosity killed it

Albert: Oh that cat

Vivian Jaffe : Have you ever transcended space and time?

Albert Markovski : Uh, Time not space... No I don't know what you're talking about.

Hooten child: Jesus is never mad at us if we live with Him in our hearts!

Tommy Corn : I hate to break it to you, but He is - He most definitely is.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this is a great movie i agree, it was cool we got free tickets to a special screening of the film, after it ended the one actor and the director came out and talked about the movie for about and hour or so.kinda interesting, they where talking about the scene where the guy smashes the french chick on the stone. really funny

I saw this film yesterday and I was pretty let down. The cast is awesome, but there really weren't any likeable characters in the entire film. There were times when I laughed, but other times when I felt really uncomfortable (not in a thought-provoking way, but in a "I hate this script and these characters" way). I'd say if I had to give it a rating from 0-4 stars it would get 2 stars.

Saw it last night, and I was really disappointed. I left feeling that the movie was trying really hard to be different solely for the sake of being different - like the director wanted to get on board the Wes Anderson train. Don't get me wrong, the movie had its amusing moments .. but overall, I give it 2 out of 5 stars.

I'm very tired now and can't type out a longer review. Maybe more later.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by Poop Man Bob@Oct 26 2004, 02:35 PM

like the director wanted to get on board the Wes Anderson train.

it seems like every new movie by a young-ish director these days gets that pinned on them. i didn't really see any similarity between this and an anderson flick, same with the people who said napoleon dynamite was a bite.

Originally posted by fr8lover+Oct 26 2004, 09:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fr8lover - Oct 26 2004, 09:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Poop Man Bob@Oct 26 2004, 02:35 PM

like the director wanted to get on board the Wes Anderson train. 

it seems like every new movie by a young-ish director these days gets that pinned on them. i didn't really see any similarity between this and an anderson flick, same with the people who said napoleon dynamite was a bite.

[/b]

<sarcasm>No similarities? Are you blind? Jason Schwartzman, duuuhhhhh. It's obviously a Wes Anderson wanna be movie if he's in it!</sarcasm>

I was overall pleased with the movie, it did seem to try a little too hard at times, i'll give you that.

And yes, Marky Mark stole the movie. I've always respected him as an actor and now he is an actor I can say I fully enjoy.