FUCK KRS-1

paint junky

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by EgoManiakal@Oct 25 2004, 07:09 PM

this man has done so much for the culture i cant see how you can slander his name like that. He practically built his own religion of hiphop to celebrate knolege and hooking people up with jobs from bboys to graff heads. I dont know about mars- or especially nas- but I know i would rather have my kids listen to intelligent cultured music as opposed to the ignorant getto fantacy of objectifying women and being fascinated with killing people over drugs, gold teeth and cars.

you my friend obviously have never owned a pair of gold teeth, them shit's is binoculars...

so fall the fuck back fuckface... you should have ended that lil' spiel with a good BAHHHHHH... i bet you signed up for the temple of hip-hop and got the krs 8x10 glossy on the mirror...

all i know is i'd rather have my kids listening to some "bang bang shoot em up nigga die slow" shit rather than this marcus garvey organic doo doo bullshit... that's real talk...

lil weezy is that fire fo' real...

people are laughing at KRS, but what about...Jefferson Starship? Or KISS? Or anyone else? I think Glenn Gould actually went nuts during his incredible music career.

Dude said "hip hop on Mars", whether it was tongue in cheek or not, it doesn't matter...why hate the guy?

btw, some of the greatest thinkers have said some outlandish things. Look at RZA, for instance. If you wanna think of him as a great thinker. Okay, he's a pretty good thinker, and a great musician.

Some people hate Nasa for thinking that there is water on Mars. Backwards people believe that space and planetary research is stupid. Well, I think they're stupid. I digress.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Oct 25 2004, 06:19 PM

what on earth is he talking about in that interview? nas talking at nasa? what in the fuck could some uneducated chode from a government housing project say that these overeducated brain monkeys at nasa would possibly want to hear?

"nas, how did you make em look? tell us your secret!!"

"well, i made em a slave to a page in my rhyme book"

"whoa! fucking awesome! lets go blast off to venus an shit! weeeeeeee"

:haha: :haha: :haha:

ok so that was some funny shit.

but honestly how you gonna dis krs seriously dude has done more for hiphop then just about anyone else, and fuck man aint you ever been really stoned and thought yo hiphop on mars or some goofy shit like that and had some long conversation with some stoned friend of yours, man krs is dope i will still buy his cds and support him.

That's cool, music has a certain way of empowering/moving people, there's no denying that... and he played a big, big role in devloping a culture that's it's own conglomerate but lets get real; hip-hop is a good way of reaching out to people but the ultimate solution/requisit to the problems/ideals this guy holds is a genuine education and understanding of things like space travel and social mending... not just cool ways to talk about how neat it'd be if we actually accomplished these things.

NAS and KRS want to change the world? Live off $70,000 a year for the rest of your life and put the rest of your millions into education, surely it's just a fraction of what's necessary but it's a dent. If these guys weren't just blowing themselves (more KRS than Nas from the sounds of it) they wouldn't have a problem with it. If they weren't mentioning it in the first place people like me, who really don't care as it is, wouldn't be able to notice these obvious contradictions and dismantle the whole bullshit Socrates gimmick in under 5 minutes.

Hell, I really love hip-hop (as homo as that sounds) and all that's gone into it but I'm not going to hold my opinions as if Chuck D's perpetually listening in waiting to call me a whiteboy with no respect for his elders. If KRS-One says some dumb shit I'm going to let it be known that I think KRS-One says some dumb shit. Fuck, Jello Biafra says some profound stuff from time to time but I still think he's about as relevant to the where the world's going as his lisp is coherent.

I never want to type so much stemming from krs-one again.

• 1 year later...