writers in action!

STYLEISKING

Re: writers in action!

heres something more

Mon 31 Dec 2007

More “Graffiti Detectors” In The Making

Posted by Graff Guy under News , California , U.S. , Cracking Down

1 Comment

As if they didn’t have it all covered by now here in Cali…

Graffiti vandals beware — there’s a new sheriff in town, and you won’t ever see him.

Broadband Discovery Systems, a two-year-old company based in Scotts Valley, has developed a series of devices finely tuned to detect the sound of an aerosol spray can from as far as 35 feet away.

“I despise graffiti,” said president and chief executive Cory Stephanson, who worked with a team of engineers to build the device aimed to stymie graffiti vandals.

Stephanson and vice president Michael Neely discovered that $22 billion is spent every year in the United States dealing with graffiti, and they think their latest innovation will help.

The device, nicknamed “Project Merlin” after Stephanson’s son, has intricate sound recognition features that are tuned to detect only the specific sounds an aerosol can makes. When the sensor detects the sound of a can dispensing, it uses cell-phone-like technology to send out an alert.

heres the link

http://pressbanner.com/content/view/655/42/

WOW Thats so fucking sweet, I wonder how much one of those costs? Im sure theyll be super happy when people start breaking them just like motion sensors, cameras, and their other expensive gadgetry!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW Thats so fucking sweet, I wonder how much one of those costs? Im sure theyll be super happy when people start breaking them just like motion sensors, cameras, and their other expensive gadgetry!

exactly what i was thinking.

you know

written by dyde, March 23, 2008

problem solved! all vandalism is done with spraycans right???

i like that little sarcastic comment made, hahahahaha, and yeah, i bet this shit is just gonna get smashed, not purchased, or used improperly. Either that or it wont be fully embraced for another 10 years

first person to get chased out becasue of these, let us all know! hahahaha

yeah, airbrakes and what have you, AIR, same shit that would trip this shit, and anyone who has been in a yard, knows that this stuff is just steady releasing, popping, cars are always making noises

there are a lot of silly argumets here.

every system is paintable. every one.

moscow, shanghai, cairo, istanbul, hong kong, taipei, seoul, minsk, kiev, sf, sao paolo, caracas, santiago etc etc

all very hard to paint, all have been done.

no aerosol sensor, motion sensor, pressure sensor, camera, guard, will stop it.

famous art work still gets stolen, jewelry heists still happen, banks still get robbed,

cocaine gets past huge security, people get trafficked, its going to happen. regardless.

stop arguing, enjoy pictures.

i heard in a news article that the punishment for painting panels in london is $400.

over in perth australia i got a $3500 fine for a freight, $2500 for criminal damage $500 for tresspassing $500 for having graffiti impliments.

are you joking if you only got $400 (£200) for painting london tubes they would be smashed this whole it's easier to paint in europe argument is pissingme of it just sounds like you americans are making excuses for yourselves so you can just stick to your daytime freight spots ive met euro writers who spend weeks watching a yard so they can figure out when to hit it rather than just goin to a spot when they got some spare time and hittin a freight with a bit of security i just think you find it hard to accept that its all about euro graff now a days the US is all good and its the birthplace of it which no oneis gunna forget but its the europeans who are raising the bar . so if you thinks its so easy to paintand if u get caught you'll get a slap on the wrist then take a weeks holiday come to britain and show us all how easy we got it

there are a lot of silly argumets here.

every system is paintable. every one.

moscow, shanghai, cairo, istanbul, hong kong, taipei, seoul, minsk, kiev, sf, sao paolo, caracas, santiago etc etc

all very hard to paint, all have been done.

no aerosol sensor, motion sensor, pressure sensor, camera, guard, will stop it.

famous art work still gets stolen, jewelry heists still happen, banks still get robbed,

cocaine gets past huge security, people get trafficked, its going to happen. regardless.

stop arguing, enjoy pictures.

good pont

i heard in a news article that the punishment for painting panels in london is $400.

over in perth australia i got a $3500 fine for a freight, $2500 for criminal damage $500 for tresspassing $500 for having graffiti impliments.

are you joking if you only got $400 (£200) for painting london tubes they would be smashed this whole it's easier to paint in europe argument is pissingme of it just sounds like you americans are making excuses for yourselves so you can just stick to your daytime freight spots ive met euro writers who spend weeks watching a yard so they can figure out when to hit it rather than just goin to a spot when they got some spare time and hittin a freight with a bit of security i just think you find it hard to accept that its all about euro graff now a days the US is all good and its the birthplace of it which no oneis gunna forget but its the europeans who are raising the bar . so if you thinks its so easy to paintand if u get caught you'll get a slap on the wrist then take a weeks holiday come to britain and show us all how easy we got it

Im sorry but this is ignorant.

Im sorry but this is ignorant.

And its not that people dont, but you wouldnt see those pictures now would you. In Europe you pay fines, sit for a week here and there,,, i got news budday north americans do terms. Period.

Your society still chooses to let it happen. The level of punishment, and opportunity to minimize punishment once in trouble are flexible, the North American penal system dont give a fuck theyll take you for wht you got kid... people do their jobs here....... In certain places, its obvious they could do a hell of a lot better job than they do in creating barriers to paint over there... mind you London is a different story ill grant it that but dont speak for a whole continent you ignorant fuck. oh yo i seen your girls are nasty in britain too :D :D :D

at least we got some character all americans are the fuckin same schooled til your eigteen cant drink til your 21 every american ive met is like a big baby come over here for uni or whatever and cant take your drink!

yea yo we know were motherfuckers that was never the argument

at least we got some character all americans are the fuckin same schooled til your eigteen cant drink til your 21 every american ive met is like a big baby come over here for uni or whatever and cant take your drink!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm NOT from America, but I have lived here for a long time. I make it a point to constantly travel to enjoy other cultures for extended periods of time. There are so many good people all over this world, so many easy spot in EVERY COUNTRY, and so many lock down spots in EVERY COUNTRY!!! There are so many dickheads all around the WORLD. Bottom line Ignore the hate! Travel as much as you can! Making friends is better than losing friends! Pipe down and post flicks.

P.s. that crack pipe photo w/ the handstyles comment was one of worst examples of a graf writer ever.

P.p.s. cant take your drink! wtf does alcohol have to do w/ writing?:confused: :confused: