writers in action!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: writers in action!

If it was real secure, there'd be aerosol detectors like a lot of big yards in the US have nowadays. Put it like this none of you foreigners will paint BART, youd be doing a term if you tried.

i would LOOOOVE to see some foreigners try and paint bart. bart cops are fucking nuts, i havent heard about no aerosol detectors though, got proof on that??

i got roped painting a fr8 in the states and spent 2 nights in jail. I got roped painting trans in london and the man asked me to throw him up, then asked me not to run while i dipped.

thats dope haha!

I've heard stories about how difficult BART is, and the lack of photos from that system definately leads me to believe its no bullshit. however, I dont think the BART cops are gonna scare off any tourists. you get any serious maniac who knows how to scope a system and they could be in and out of the city in 2 or 3 days. If you're not a local, and you dont announce your visit, theres not a hell of alot the BART cops could do.

Im not sure if BART has aerosol detectors but I know for a fact a certain crew from the midwest whom got nabbed because of an aerosol detector and motion sensor cameras.

Title:Aerosol detector Document Type and Number:United States Patent 3932851 Link to this page:http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3932851.html Abstract:An ion current is produced between two spatially separated electrodes by creating a corona discharge about one of these electrodes and causing ions to flow to the other electrode. Aerosols introduced into the region between the two electrodes interact with the flowing ions causing a resultant decrease in ion current. A decrease in ion current is sensed to indicate the presence of aerosols. A reflecting member reflects aerosols towards the electrodes causing a relatively lengthy interaction between the aerosols and the ion current.

theres many refrences but I got this one here

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3932851.html

Cameras and motion sensors, are probably more effective than aerosol detectors, yet fucking loads of places in london have them that get painted,

They get smashed off, and usually not replaced for ages, or if they keep getting smashed off then they give up and dont bother fixing them

Im sure a system would have to be abolutley battterd before they install graffiti specific security measures, cams and sensors are usually to stop thieves tramps and terrorists and just happen to come in handy for writers.

heres something more

Mon 31 Dec 2007

More “Graffiti Detectors” In The Making

Posted by Graff Guy under News , California , U.S. , Cracking Down

1 Comment

As if they didn’t have it all covered by now here in Cali…

Graffiti vandals beware — there’s a new sheriff in town, and you won’t ever see him.

Broadband Discovery Systems, a two-year-old company based in Scotts Valley, has developed a series of devices finely tuned to detect the sound of an aerosol spray can from as far as 35 feet away.

“I despise graffiti,” said president and chief executive Cory Stephanson, who worked with a team of engineers to build the device aimed to stymie graffiti vandals.

Stephanson and vice president Michael Neely discovered that $22 billion is spent every year in the United States dealing with graffiti, and they think their latest innovation will help.

The device, nicknamed “Project Merlin” after Stephanson’s son, has intricate sound recognition features that are tuned to detect only the specific sounds an aerosol can makes. When the sensor detects the sound of a can dispensing, it uses cell-phone-like technology to send out an alert.

heres the link

http://pressbanner.com/content/view/655/42/

Archived