+++ Thrift Shops

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i like how in thrift shops that they hang all the button down shirtsas a rainbow of colors....they'll start w/ white then to off white then biege then yellows the orange to reds to purples the blues to greens the back to yellows....

the shirt could be wack as fuck.... but the way they hang in the store makes me wanna buy every fuckin color in there....

there is a shop in pittsburgh here called avalon. its alot of scensters and shit but its cool. its like a thrift store but they are selective what they buy from people and sell so its not all garbage. i got some deisel denim jacket there the other day for like 9 bucks. all depends on when you go what you find. i like them. :chicken:

Second hand stores are not to be confused with thrift stores.

Thrift stores are usually picked over such that the only clothes left are garments that will make you look like a homeless, drunk former chemical-plant worker that got laid off 10 years ago and spent his early retirement eating cheetos and not shaving.

Second hand stores are generally run by hipsters, for hipsters [and college students and "vintage" clothing types in general]. They can run from ridiculously expensive (usually in touristy areas in big cities like NY, LA, Boston, Chicago, etc.) to completely reasonable (college neighbourhoods in smaller cities like Providence, Hartford, etc).

• 5 years later...
i like how in thrift shops that they hang all the button down shirtsas a rainbow of colors....they'll start w/ white then to off white then biege then yellows the orange to reds to purples the blues to greens the back to yellows....

the shirt could be wack as fuck.... but the way they hang in the store makes me wanna buy every fuckin color in there....

:lol::lol::lol: this is so true.

its such a disappointment when you go to look at the actual shirt cus it looks so good with all its buddies but alone its like "wtf?? jnco?? really????"

picked up some nice DC, RVCA and volcom stuff at my local second hand shop. guess it pays to live in a surf town

• 3 weeks later...

i get half my shit from thrift stores, no need to spend a whole bunch of money on stuff really, aslong as it looks fresh youll be fine. I know that ive gotten a good amount of clothing that was brand new with the tags still on it, super discount price,

oh and did i mention that half the old uniforms from cops/ups people/surgeons/those reflective orange vest things end up in one store i go to... just sayin