+++ Thrift Shops

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I used to love the thrift shops,

but now all the sceenster peoples

are raiding them for gear.

Granted we arent looking for the same stuff,

but I tend to like my things fresh and clean.

I'll swing past the local Value Village every once in awhile. I've found some nice stuff there for really cheap. I'm currently wearing a pair of DKNY jeans that i got for $6 and i've picked up some nice button up shirts for like $3. I'm not the type of person who will only shop at thrift stores and thinks its ironic to wear really lame ass pitted out tshirts, but you cant go wrong with cheap and nice gear.

Up until about a year ago I almost exclusively rocked thrift store goods. People at my school thought I was wicked poor (my family is actually quite affluent).

Thrift stores in my area are ridiculous lately, ever since the "thrift store look" has come into fashion. I went to salvation army the other day and there were 4 pairs of jeans in the entire mens section, all of them almost brand new. The mens department at my local Savers has halved in size in the last year because all the clothes that are even remotely good get bought.

What's left is a large array of ugly clothing that wasn't even close to cool in 1988 when it was new. It's like as the T shirt section shrunk by 2/3 while the plaid flannel shirt section gets ever larger. I'm not feeling it.

If you want to be a millionare it would be prudent to buy out a midwestern thrift store and relocate to the East village, NYC. There is nothing thrifty about the shops here. When I was in school i was shocked to find the the prices in thrift stores were often MORE than that of new clothing.

i got my first thift store garment the other day...a lady friend found this sport jacket from what im guessing is the mid to late eighties at the salvation army and i have to say, i look very fucking good in it.

regardless...i dont have the patience to browse through other peoples clothes to find that one gem that may or may not be there. plus those places smell like poor people, and judging from most kmarts if had the misfortune of stepping inot, thats a smell that doesnt come out.

thrift stores are cool, its always nice finding treasures out there. wheather its tshirts,pants, records a good find is a good find. its fucked up tho when all the good shit is gone cause of all the fancy south beach thrift stores taking everything and selling it at their stores for twice as much as it originally was when it was new...

check out the overstock joints too

such as tjmaxx and marshalls depending

on your locale for good finds for kicks

as well as jeans, jackets, and shirts.

i have found hundred dollar nikes for

forty dollars and button ups for fifteen.

shit is new but just wouldnt sell in the

stores but keep an eye open for blems

or imperfect clothes as those pop in too.

one love.

• 2 weeks later...

i shop at the thrift store cuzs u come across some good finds...mind u i stile am willing to spend 150 on kicks, but 2 years ago u would get ur ass raided to shop there...sorta pisses me off that its the ''cool thing'' cuzs i mean some ppl have to shop there...all these hardcore flakes are stealing all the poor ppls gear and driveing off in there brawn new VW jetta their dad bought them lisssining to xxa bloody dead dovexx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not just midgets but they mad skinny..... you look at foot ball plays from back then and the line backers were like 180... 200 lb's! i way more than that and i'm far from being a fat fuck or even a linebacker...

all them drugs our parents did and the gov. fed them on the low... made the U.S. some mutant mofo!!!

i frequent Value Village's around my area....but lately i haven't been to any thrift shops. hmmm...i wonder why? i quess i been to busy...but thrifts stores are also sweet for findig good canvases you could alter... plus, fuck goodwills them hoes are too high...how are they going to charge high prices for their shit, when all that was given for charity