top labels?

none

Raven, you know what I mean. I could have linked to a roll of thread and a needle and told sofarok to do some embroidery or whatever. Do what you're going to do, just don't tell me that I have to spend $120 to get a decent hoodie. For that much you might as well cop a nice cashmere sweater.

The "terrace look." I like that. I'm personally going for "rebellious, yet put together."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by can of worms+Oct 25 2004, 08:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (can of worms - Oct 25 2004, 08:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hanibul Smif@Oct 25 2004, 04:27 PM

now its all about the 'terrace look' as a mate of mine calls it.

hahahahaha. sophistichav.

[/b]

ha ha I like that... yeah that sums it up perfectly. It don't do to look like a low rent scumbag but I've definately got a perchant for the disorderly!

Hmm, I can just see this becoming the next media buzzword though.. I will personally hold you fucking repsonsible C of W if I see it in the guardian's saturday supplement soon! :haha:

im not picky so

my jeans are those regular fits 19.99 from fred meyer's, they are nice and i like them very much.

just whatever black shirts or polo i could find at value village. i own a couple of obey, i print and stencil my own design on most of my shirts so no need to spent more than 10 bucks on a single shirt or polo.

shoes are nike, puma, adidas

no accessories

black baseball cap, 2 beanies...

Originally posted by Nekro@Oct 25 2004, 05:12 PM

Raven, you know what I mean. I could have linked to a roll of thread and a needle and told sofarok to do some embroidery or whatever. Do what you're going to do, just don't tell me that I have to spend $120 to get a decent hoodie. For that much you might as well cop a nice cashmere sweater.

The "terrace look." I like that. I'm personally going for "rebellious, yet put together."

my experience is 99% of the time, you get what you pay for. The other 1% is the occassional score, but those dont really happen often. I'm not a kid anymore, so I'm not content with the sale priced tee from the department store, or the second hand jacket from the thrift store. Not to say that's your steez, but it's where I'm coming from. I work hard, and I make relatively good money in my profession and thus feel justified in pursuing a wardrobe that reflects this fact. Kind of my reward for the life I work hard for. Plus, I prefer to not sport the same sort of gear that you typically see while out and about meaning it's generally from a small independant retailer, or obscure brand. I also happen to enjoy the thrill of hunting down some particular item that's in high demand, yet scarcely available. That's all just me though...

This may sound cliche, or like something your parents might tell you, but has most certainly been my experience living and doing business in NY (mostly ecommerce and print production consulting for the urban apparel industry)... When meeting people, it's rare that you know anything about them (or that they know much about you), however often times you'll be forced to make a relatively quick decision about how to proceed, particularly when it involves business. The first thing a person is going to do is check out your attire, your watch, your shoes. Next they're going to check out your demeaner and how you present yourself, and next they'll spend 3 - 5 minutes judging your attitude and making a pop decision about your capabilities based upon the rap your expected to give. In that time, you'll either make it to the next step and discuss business, or get brushed off. Call it shallow or whatever you want, but that's how shit works when a person has a million things on their plate, and just so many hours in the day to make it all happen. It's kind of like how your expected to dress and act when going to a job interview, except you do this every day since you never know when you'll casually be introduced to someone on the spot, or bump into someone while at a restaurant or social event.

I try to dress well because I enjoy it. Kinda like that crisp feeling you get when whering some nice sneakers the first day out, except better. I also dress well because it's gotten me that much further in life when I'm out somewhere and suddenly have 2 minutes of a decision makers time to introduce myself, make an impression, and hustle my services.

Originally posted by Misteraven@Oct 28 2004, 08:09 AM

my experience is 99% of the time, you get what you pay for. The other 1% is the occassional score, but those dont really happen often. I'm not a kid anymore, so I'm not content with the sale priced tee from the department store, or the second hand jacket from the thrift store. Not to say that's your steez, but it's where I'm coming from. I work hard, and I make relatively good money in my profession and thus feel justified in pursuing a wardrobe that reflects this fact. Kind of my reward for the life I work hard for. Plus, I prefer to not sport the same sort of gear that you typically see while out and about meaning it's generally from a small independant retailer, or obscure brand. I also happen to enjoy the thrill of hunting down some particular item that's in high demand, yet scarcely available. That's all just me though...

This may sound cliche, or like something your parents might tell you, but has most certainly been my experience living and doing business in NY (mostly ecommerce and print production consulting for the urban apparel industry)... When meeting people, it's rare that you know anything about them (or that they know much about you), however often times you'll be forced to make a relatively quick decision about how to proceed, particularly when it involves business. The first thing a person is going to do is check out your attire, your watch, your shoes. Next they're going to check out your demeaner and how you present yourself, and next they'll spend 3 - 5 minutes judging your attitude and making a pop decision about your capabilities based upon the rap your expected to give. In that time, you'll either make it to the next step and discuss business, or get brushed off. Call it shallow or whatever you want, but that's how shit works when a person has a million things on their plate, and just so many hours in the day to make it all happen. It's kind of like how your expected to dress and act when going to a job interview, except you do this every day since you never know when you'll casually be introduced to someone on the spot, or bump into someone while at a restaurant or social event.

I try to dress well because I enjoy it. Kinda like that crisp feeling you get when whering some nice sneakers the first day out, except better. I also dress well because it's gotten me that much further in life when I'm out somewhere and suddenly have 2 minutes of a decision makers time to introduce myself, make an impression, and hustle my services.

bigbird, sometimes you're so on point it kills me, teach the childrens!

if i could have just 2 minutes of your time, maybe you would be interested in one of the many services 48:16 inc. has to offer? Great let's grab a drink and sit down. Bartender! 2 more please!

what deto has been rocking:

Levi's

Versace

Le Tigre

Lacoste

Polo Ralph Lauren

H

Gap

Banana Republic

DKNY

Burberry

Calvin Klein

Ben Sherman

Ever

Ecco (not ecko)

Nike (shoes only)

American Eagle

Converse

Vans

Hawk Shoes

Adio

DC Shoe Co.

Express

Diesel

Originally posted by DETO@Nov 6 2004, 07:22 PM

what deto has been rocking:

Levi's

Versace

Le Tigre

Lacoste

Polo Ralph Lauren

H

Gap

Banana Republic

DKNY

Burberry

Calvin Klein

Ben Sherman

Ever

Ecco (not ecko)

Nike (shoes only)

American Eagle

Converse

Vans

Hawk Shoes

Adio

DC Shoe Co.

Express

Diesel

hommie, you shoppin south coast plaza or what

• 2 weeks later...

my shit is about variety.... i'll do a lil of the brands most of you guys are speaking of....but the others i'll turn my nose up at them as if there a minority walkin' into a rodeo dr boutique.....

the whole thing is to rock it hot... and not name branded to the socks so every one knows what you have... keep people guessing where you go shit at.... if the see lrg real big on your shirt they'll know where you got it from and they'll have the shit tomorrow...

no body wants to be some place and see someone else with the same shit.....

i'm pretty much tired of dunks cuz every one is rockin the shit out of them.... so i switched to vandals but i caqn see the same shit happening with those...

so right now i'm no my vintage kix tip.... original joints that no one can find...(and i'm not talkin remakes)

mixin' up the vintage with the modern... the homehand made with the mainsteam....

holla at being as original as you can be in this over saturated cuntry we live in.....

calling it a murse, does not make the fact that you are carrying a purse any cooler than it really is (which is not cool at all) ... i mean how much shit are you carrying that a wallet and pockets can't handle? if it really is that much more, there are things called backpacks that have a large carrying space... but i bet you're going to tell me you have one, but its the kind that has 1 strap and goes over your shoulder

so this is where all the LABEL-WHORES are.

-diesel

-555soul

-north face

-tribal

-third rail

-puma

-sabotage

-ck

-obey

-pointer

-element

-dickies

-polo

-alpha

-mecca

-express (for men)

-ae

-independant

-kikwear

-d&g

-sketchers

-turtle fur

-marc ecko

-vintage wears

-ufo

-timberland

-a&f

...too many to name.

all depends on what kind of night i plan on having.

Archived