FONTS FONTS FONTS - The Official Typography Thread

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was intentionally trying to use gill sans just now. it wasn't really vibing w/ the text i was doing but by weeks end i'll put it to use.

i'm on a kick to get my boss to cough up for some new fonts. i need to get my company on paper already so i can claim write offs...

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by kidlugz@Oct 19 2004, 05:52 PM

for a second i was like, "yo, gill sans is a good font?" so i opened it up in ai and remembered THAT IT IS BUSTED!! the lower case 'e' and 's' especially. bring it fools.

kidlugz *type elitist*

Yousa trippin, fool. You didn't even pick out the real busted letters in Gill Sans, mainly the lowercase 'a' and the number '6'.

I've also had to use BaseTwelve a lot lately, but it's because it's a company font. It's fucking hell to work with.

hey.

does anyone know if you can edit your font list in photoshop? like...i just downloaded about 200 fonts. i dont need them all in photoshop all the time. it would be awesome if you could make font 'folders' in photoshop, or atleast edit the fonts you want available for it. does anyone know if its possible, and if so, how to do it?

dafont.com was the shit. i raped that site.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The Font Book application that comes with Mac OS X works perfectly for that, seeks. Make little folders to divide your fonts into, enable and disable at will. It's exactly like ATM, but with a preview screen up at all times.

yeah, i figured 'font book' out last night (not like it was difficult). that jawn is cool. what i really wanted was a way to seperate them in photoshop itself, but i guess once i seperate them into different catagories, that's just about as good. you can turn off whole catagories with one shot i assume, right?

• 3 months later...

INTERSTATE KICKS BOULDERS

I've used it for way to many jobs

the links at the beginning of the thread are a good resource

Bickham Script with its accents is also good

FRANKLIN GOTHIC is always a top 5 of mine

if you are a fan of type and its history and if you haven't checked out the book ABZ

you should it is awesome, it's all visual, it has Sign makers fonts and more.

in windows, for 'ttf' fonts, drag them into your

windows folder(my computer/drive)..if they aren't ttf, then

go to adobe.com and download 'adobe type manager'.

there's a free version there. then open up atm and choose

all the fonts that are not ttf fonts and select which ones you want turned on.

in mac, open up font book(on your harddrive/applications folder) and drag them in.