FONTS FONTS FONTS - The Official Typography Thread

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if anyone has a copy of 'violation', i could use it.

that font is so sick, and while it gets used frequently, i dont think i've ever actually seen anyone use it properly.

if you know the font im talking about, you know what i mean.

it was based off a depeche mode album by the same title i think.

*key,

feel free to just delete posts that are worthless like that.

this is the 'grown folks table'. we don't have to listen to nonsense.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Oct 18 2004, 12:58 PM

Gill Sans is our 'official company font'

>P2

haha..at one of my first jobs outta school..i had this asshole art director that freaked out on me when i used gill sans in a comp...

he went on a 10 minute tirade about Eric Gill, the designer of the typeface, being a child molester...and that "we do not use gill sans here"...dood was a type freak..i learned a bunch from him but not using a solid classic typeface cuz of dood's sexual misbehaviors is crazy...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Seeks, isn't that the one you used for PFA?

Hahahaha, if that little funfact by war pigs is true, I'm gonna make a point of using it as much as possible on corporate projects.

Bobbo, I'm the fucking WORST to get in touch with... I still love you fools as much as ever, I just suck at staying in touch, writing an e-mail or a simple phone call. I'll holler sometime between today and 2009.

Guest kidlugz

for a second i was like, "yo, gill sans is a good font?" so i opened it up in ai and remembered THAT IT IS BUSTED!! the lower case 'e' and 's' especially. bring it fools.

kidlugz *type elitist*

Guest kidlugz
Originally posted by SteveAustin+Oct 14 2004, 01:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveAustin - Oct 14 2004, 01:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kidlugz@Oct 13 2004, 04:56 PM

i rarely use univers because it's BUSTED!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHH. yeah steve, you heard me.

alright holmes...parking lot after school.

I'm gonna rip your head off.

:haha:

no love for the univers huh?

[/b]

i must have missed this.

univers actually isn't the heaping pile of shit i first made it out to be. i can respect it simply due to the overwhelming number of weights it's available in. so yeah steve, maybe you're not the jizz guzzling univers using chi chi man i once made you out to be. :smiles:

that misprint font stuff is ill. of course the real burners are for sale.

i will not pay for a font. im sure the guys deserve the money, but im not making money off of anything i do, so i cant afford to spend money just to make cool shit for my hard drive.

:(

thanks steve. i meant to hit reply and accidentally hit delete. ha. i didnt do it just to show off either, i swear. ;)

Archived