De Sign with Diggity

Guest diggity

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always amazed at how many people blatantly rip off Cody Hudson / Struggle Inc.

It never fails... I'll be flipping through some magazine and come across what I think is a Struggle page only to realize it's a sad bite.

As for this thread, I love it!

Guest kidlugz

aesthetic apparatus is my new favourite design co. granted, the nature of their clients probably helps in developing such an eclectic/hip portfilio.

and in regards to the redundancy in design comment i say this:

in this day and age you could probably throw a rock into a crowd and hit a "designer". alot of what we're seeing in this post isn't neccessarily what i'd define as traditional graphic design. in my opinion alot of it falls into the "graphic art" niche. you know, neat looking pictures that have absolutely no meaning outside aesthetic considerations. which is exactly why most of this looks so cookie-cutter. content driven by style. people go online, whip through design is kinky or newstoday, see something cool and emulate it without ever even considering coming up with their own concepts. and i'm not suggesting that everyone should be original, simply that you have to determine content before you can apply some sort of visual solution. and looking at a lot of contemporary design i tend to believe very few people bother to stop and think before they jump to illustrator and begin tracing deer or clouds or whatever the flavour of the month may be.

i'd bet the farm that if you asked most designers today why they used helvetica in this logotype or why they put those arrows in the corner the answer would be "because it looks good".

right.

Guest kidlugz

yes it's all clothing (t-shirts i believe). me thinks it functions like an open forum for designers to submit their work; if a design gets enough attention from possible buyers, they produce. i think that's how it works?

Archived