Illustrator

dosoner

the attitude of the entire piece feels melancholy aside from the color of the dude sitting down.

Maybe use a more drab color for the body, and a more off-white for the white of the hat and bottle.

aside from that i feel like the piece works well for what i imagine you were shooting for.

which is alcohol is a depressant.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you make the wet wrinkly lookin texture over the whole piece?

i just got a brush texture from google and put it on top, and turned the transparency way down. thats not really the right way to do it, though, and i'm still working on a more sophisticated way of adding textures to digital pieces

Although knowing the pen tool is really the best way. It will keep you on the vector side of things rather than the bmp tools. Ive never known any fancy moves in Adobe Fireworks ( I learned vector in Fireworks and never took the time to change to AI). Ive always drawn out the vector line and used the reshape area to push it around where I needed it. It wasnt until like 2 years ago that I found the "Simplify" option to help cut down the curves for me. Oh and I was the happiest ever when I realized there was a "Punch" and "Union" command hahaha I had always just stacked and stacked and stacked to get what I wanted.

I say stay on the vector side of things because it allows you to stay limitless. Theyre just mathematical lines and no matter what size you change your canvas youll never lose quality.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i've been busy trying to get used to CS5 after being out of the game for a minute. not been on the oontz for a while, well, more or less since i last posted in here!

what's happend? no-one using illustrator these days?

i got some new bits and bobs to post in the next couple days, get this thread going again!

shit i guess ill share.

Here are a few. If i get around to organizing them and finding others ill drop them here later.

The greens one is in progress. some friends are trying to settle on a name.

The first one (skull) is actually a design for a wood cut out for a necklace. The logo is that font and the skull a lot smaller and to the left.

16270384_Picture10.png.f408b772b92e724d43221b0fcccf0d59.png

1607638119_Picture11.png.13c63595db2bdca05f7345b474694705.png

1480247873_Picture12.png.8a4b5f031f19f557cf5aabd01dde03b9.png

1037531422_Picture13.jpg.51e388cbb42c6c9619f9cd4d267e8687.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pulled the free Illustrator CS5 trial the other day, had a mate talk me through the basic, pen tool and coloring. The thing is fucking tops, mental potential.

* Anyone talk me through how to import colors or textures from pics taken from the t'web? Ie can you totally manipulate any image, pulling bits of left right and center?

Basically talking about what this chick (who id do some ill-shit too) does but i think she;s working on Photoshop. http://vimeo.com/9119923

I swear i got these cheesburgers for yo...

Anywayhay. - Obama.png

Very first attempt at Illustrator.

shit i guess ill share.

Here are a few. If i get around to organizing them and finding others ill drop them here later.

The greens one is in progress. some friends are trying to settle on a name.

The first one (skull) is actually a design for a wood cut out for a necklace. The logo is that font and the skull a lot smaller and to the left.

You've got a typo at the very bottom. Cannibis.

• 4 weeks later...

imdead01.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just a little something i was messing around with.

Also, for whoever asked... You can add textures in a couple ways depending on what you want to do and how complicated you wanna get, there's alot of cool stuff on http://abduzeedo.com/tags/illustrator that i've found pretty helpful in getting a grasp of things, textures being one of them.

• 4 weeks later...