Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dosoner

Illustrator

Originally posted by asew6@Apr 12 2005, 07:41 PM

^ that is so clean and fresh.... how didu do it ?

did u sketch it then scan it in ?

yeah, first I drew it by hand, then I scanned it in, then redrew in illustrator with the infamous pen tool...

thanks, poop. sorry. i didn't think to post it here. do any of you guys know of some good illustrator books? i really want to learn.

how much do yall pay 4 this program?? i wanna be a graphic designer and i want to start practicing now.. do yall have any free program downloads that are good??

how many of you use tablets to draw in illustrator or other programs? I'm considering investing in a Wacom Intuos 3 9x12 tablet and getting into more digital drawing and such... so I'm just curious if anyone uses tablets and or likes them....

I think I'd be much more capable with a "pen" tool than a mouse, as I am simply more inclined to draw acurately with a pen/pencil type utencil.

any ideas or suggestions? feel free to pm me as well.

Originally posted by Giving Tree@May 26 2005, 05:32 PM

how many of you use tablets to draw in illustrator or other programs? I'm considering investing in a Wacom Intuos 3 9x12 tablet and getting into more digital drawing and such... so I'm just curious if anyone uses tablets and or likes them....

I think I'd be much more capable with a "pen" tool than a mouse, as I am simply more inclined to draw acurately with a pen/pencil type utencil.

any ideas or suggestions? feel free to pm me as well.

I have one of the smaller tablets, but i rarely use it with Illustrator. It just feel's weird for some reason and i cant really draw that good with it, but it goes perfect with photoshop as i do alot of photo clean up work at my job and it's so much faster than a mouse.

Gtree-

Echoing trioxic, I find my tablet is really helpful when using some of the selection tools in photoshop. Also good for drawing etc in painter or ps. However i cant say that i've ever used it for illustrator.

it's just that i've been playing in illustrator and the mouse feels very counter-intuitive. I hardly ever get the stroke i want, it seems to "hang up" in sections, and ultimately feels awkward.

Similar to Dalek (i know, i know) i want to be able to replicate my work in illustrator for re-printing purposes, and exploring a digital media. The mouse just seems like a bad choice. Could it be my mouse is just a cheap piece of crap, or am i just too impatient to learn the craft?

an important thing to do when you are using a waccom tablet is to double click on the brush or pencil icon in the tool bar.

an options screen will pop up.. turn off "fill stroke with color" and "keep selected" adjust fidelity and tolerance to whatever feels appropriate.. spend about 30 minutes.. building some new calligraphic brushes.. of different thicknesses pressure sensitivty and angles... make sure to save your new set of brushes..

either way youre going to have to spend time editing vectors and paths..

I have just got illustrator but have a basic idea of how to use it. I found a tutorial on how to make human pictures into cartoon if you know what I mean...Part of this process it to find the shading on the person, but I find it really hard to see where the shadow is on a persons clothes and skin. Is there a simpler way of making the shadow stand out or any certain shades stand out, or do I have to just look extra carefully, figure it out for myself and draw around the dark bits with the pen tool? If i'm speaking a lot of confusion to you, sorry about it, I'm finding it hard to explain what I mean.

Originally posted by shirkone@May 26 2005, 02:47 PM

I have just got illustrator but have a basic idea of how to use it. I found a tutorial on how to make human pictures into cartoon if you know what I mean...Part of this process it to find the shading on the person, but I find it really hard to see where the shadow is on a persons clothes and skin. Is there a simpler way of making the shadow stand out or any certain shades stand out, or do I have to just look extra carefully, figure it out for myself and draw around the dark bits with the pen tool? If i'm speaking a lot of confusion to you, sorry about it, I'm finding it hard to explain what I mean.

Increase the contrast on the image....this should help you to differentiate between highlight, midtown, and shadow areas.

Originally posted by shirkone@May 26 2005, 05:47 PM

you need an image with a higher contrast maybe? or you can take the image into photoshop and up the contrast

Originally posted by heavyLox+May 28 2005, 10:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (heavyLox - May 28 2005, 10:14 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-shirkone@May 26 2005, 05:47 PM

[/b]

posterize dat shit- it'll dumb down the blends.

Gradient mesh for my graphic design class. 45 minutes a day for about 2-3 weeks.

Duck.jpg

This fucking thing made me hate color.

This other stuff is just for my own enjoyment. I'll post more later.

Max2k-Floral-Logo-Black-and.jpg

Shannon2.jpg

SelfPortraitIllustration2.jpg

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now