Illustrator

dosoner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 1 2004, 02:24 PM

folks should differentiate between their own work, and work of others that they're posting.

;)

fireypantfella,

nothing has changed in two years. i need to redo it, but i just don't have the motivation.

and no, that's not really an excuse. quality is quality, no matter your discipline. ;) what's up with the names next to all the girls?

he did those for some website, manic jane, a suicide girls rip-off.

Guest im not witty

i dont have illustrator, and ive only even SEEN it in action once. but this thread was making me jealous. so i took a photo and used what i had. tediously hand drawn ALL day today. what can i say? the weather is shitty.

art3.jpg

"is that illustrator youre wearing? "

"hell naw hoe, you know its MS paint."

^ I'd imagine it be just like going through the tutorial, only it'd include just the stuff you really need to know, plus shortcuts.

I learned it by sitting down in front of it and just figuring shit out and reading the book. Technically...I'm still learning it. The "Bible" series of books are really, really good for learning programs.

I'll go ahead and disagree, the Bible books are NOT so good in my opinion for people with next to no knowledge of the app. I think they are way too dense, and chalk full of extra info. The Bibles are really good reference books once you have the a bit more then the basics under your belt.

As I taught Illustrator for a while I would recommend the the Adobe Classroom in A Book series for Illustrator; Its made by Adobe, who makes Illustrator, so its fairly thorough, in its approach.

Originally posted by heavyLox@Dec 10 2004, 10:36 AM

I'll go ahead and disagree, the Bible books are NOT so good in my opinion for people with next to no knowledge of the app. I think they are way too dense, and chalk full of extra info. The Bibles are really good reference books once you have the a bit more then the basics under your belt.

As I taught Illustrator for a while I would recommend the the Adobe Classroom in A Book series for Illustrator; Its made by Adobe, who makes Illustrator, so its fairly thorough, in its approach.

Definatly gotta agree. I used photoshop for 4 years until I started school and used Illustrator for the 1st time. 2 totally different programs. I'm liking illustrator more and more now. I got the classroom in a book and my freind bought the whole bible series... he had previously used all the programs. Id have to say that learning illustrator hands on was a big help cause I dont like to read books.

Originally posted by heavyLox@Dec 10 2004, 05:36 PM

i agree, for an intro to the basic skills going solo, adobe classroom in a book. the Bible is more useful once you have grasp on the app. and its workings etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...