Illustrator

dosoner

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay... another question... sorry...

I have a client right now who originally told me to do a design for him using three colors. So I did. Now he's feeling the pinch of his wallet and wants to know if I can tone it down to two colors. Which I think I can... I just don't know how to.

So I thought I would ask in here...

Is there a way, in Illustrator, to get tones of gray using black? And I don't mean by lowering the transparency. The client mentioned using tiny black dots to make up the gray space. I've never heard of this. (Then again, I'm new to this)

Anyone know what he's talking about?

I have a problem.... hopefully someone has the answer.

I'm currently running CS1 w/ Tiger

recently when I try and paste ( .ai ) files into phostoshop I am

getting an error message " could not import clipboard because specified format is

not in the edition" also ( .ai ) files are showing up on the desktop w/ .ai extentions

and PDF frames. Anyone have any ideas on this predicament?

Originally posted by seeking@Nov 9 2005, 05:13 PM

joker,

what are you designing this for? why does it matter how many colors?

Thanks for all the feedback people. Appreciate it.

Seeks... it was for a cycling jersey for a local team but they have since decided against the idea. So it doesn't matter anyway.

Dumile.jpg

Playing around with the live trace / live paint functions in Illus. CS2. More of a manipulation I guess. Added some metal pannels and bolts, color, gradient, and splatters. Used to be a B/W comic book frame w/ dialogue bubbble. Man, these new functions are dope, but feels like I'm cheating. Probably because I am. Fuck it.

Originally posted by BoB Hope ONER@Nov 22 2005, 10:26 PM

live trace is good for like rough stuff.. its especially goo for background elements.. but i still think it needs to be reworked by hand and a bit of time to look 'finished' and unique..

I kind of feel that after messing around w/it.

That Dr. Doom character was by no means a good example of utilizing the function to it's fullest. Trial run I guess.

i mean the people who are actually good with illustrator and photoshop usually have a really strong background in hands on approaches.. such as drawing in painting.. not all cases..but i think it definitely builds really the strongest foundation. Being good at illustrating is mostly communicating an idea. That is accomplished partly by good observation, applying an appropriate and complimentary aesthetic. not every illustration have to be meaningful. but it should have some sort of meaning...in its strokes, gestures and composition.

now anyone can trace shit.. sure.. im not hating on tracing either.. i just dont think its 'the way' to use illustrator. same with all that other cookie cutter shit.. its all aesthetic fads that will come and go.. those things you can always emulate..

this is a painterly approach to using illustrator...

smiling-girl.jpg

im not saying THAT is an example of good illustration.. its pretty rough.. its just a different approach to using illustrator.

Originally posted by s.urkaleeno@Nov 15 2005, 09:15 PM

I have a problem.... hopefully someone has the answer.

I'm currently running CS1 w/ Tiger

recently when I try and paste ( .ai ) files into phostoshop I am

getting an error message " could not import clipboard because specified format is

not in the edition" also ( .ai ) files are showing up on the desktop w/ .ai extentions

and PDF frames. Anyone have any ideas on this predicament?

sound kinda like you are running a new version of illustrator w/ an old version of photoshop...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived