Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@glorydays @CLICKCLACKONER@nicklesndimes

Yeah, I went to school in Pittsburgh in 1989 and met Brick who was the front man for a hardcore band called Time Bomb. I created that clock/bomb logo with the arrows, and did the cover art for one of their albums (or their only album??). About three years later I was living in San Diego and met the guys who had just started Tribal Streetwear and they hired me to do some t-shirt designs. I ended up not only doing art for their brand but also working for them in the warehouse and other odd jobs. 

I also did some snowboard designs for Burton and 12 (out of Japan). And several shirts for Upper Playground a while back, too. 

No fancy denim, though. 

Edited by Joker
  • Like 2
  • Props 1

9 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

@Jokeri copped your tribal t-shirt at commander salamander in DC like in ‘92-3. The one with the profile of an Afro kid with. Loved that tshirt and era. 

Wait... whaaaatttttt?!?!? That is so awesome. When I was a teenager I used to shop at Commander Salamander (first when it was on M street, and when it moved to Wisconsin Ave) for all my punk/goth gear. I think I spent more money on creepers in that store than anyone. Yeah, not your typical 80s era Graffiti writer. Ha!

• Like 1

Just now, Joker said:

Wait... whaaaatttttt?!?!? That is so awesome. When I was a teenager I used to shop at Commander Salamander (first when it was on M street, and when it moved to Wisconsin Ave) for all my punk/goth gear. I think I spent more money on creepers in that store than anyone. Yeah, not your typical 80s era Graffiti writer. Ha!

Yeah, I only knew of CS on Wisconsin.  Smash on M.  Before Puma and Nike, it was nothing but docs and nana creepers.  those were the days.  Commander Salamander still exists but whoever the buyer is now is very questionable.

Sidenote: Commander Salamander made an appearance in the Wonder Woman 1984 movie.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...