Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@CLICKCLACKONERno washes. These are my work pants so they get beat. I would have blown the knees or ass out of 2 pairs of levis by now, so Im pretty stoked.

I put on my last pair of levis with intact knees today while Im waiting for the bravestars to dry. These shits feel like pajama pants.

Im rockin the M&P sheild 9mm. Its my work pistol so it's covered in paint.  I put an extended mag in as well so I have something to hang onto when shooting.

20210410_173442.thumb.jpg.70d0514a2c23bcfd83be42d17bc79d45.jpg

• Like 2
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

@CLICKCLACKONERno washes. These are my work pants so they get beat. I would have blown the knees or ass out of 2 pairs of levis by now, so Im pretty stoked.

I put on my last pair of levis with intact knees today while Im waiting for the bravestars to dry. These shits feel like pajama pants.

Im rockin the M&P sheild 9mm. Its my work pistol so it's covered in paint.  I put an extended mag in as well so I have something to hang onto when shooting.

20210410_173442.thumb.jpg.70d0514a2c23bcfd83be42d17bc79d45.jpg

Dope, my bro in law got the same one, that gun feels very solid. Looks dope covered in paint. Also how is the retention on the clip part of the holster? Does it ever come out with the gat?  

• Like 1
  • Props 1

The retension is descent. It seems to stay in place when pistol is drawn but that might also have something to do with the tension between the jeans and my leg. There have also been times where I have been sitting on the couch and when I get up, the whole thing will donk out onto the floor.

Also Im not really a fan of the extended magazine. The spring is all kinda fucked up where it will feed 2 rounds out then get stuck and you can literally shake the rest of the rounds out of the magazine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@glorydays @CLICKCLACKONER

peep the fades

20210410_095055.thumb.jpg.1a412d53bd69441e809926272c59a811.jpg20210410_095140.thumb.jpg.fe42743c2988fc758d59ab2984e12131.jpg

Small signs of damage are starting to show after almost 6 months of constant abuse. 

Knees fraying

20210410_095034.thumb.jpg.df2ba2764e2889946e2a17649b479bce.jpg

20210410_095041.thumb.jpg.c81e3bc14e879376ae7ece0023bea848.jpg

Small worn spot from the plastic clip on my pocket holster

20210410_095024.thumb.jpg.940a1d574cbc26f3ac605307849d7c6b.jpg

Yoooooo

That burner looks beat

The jeans are holding up well.

I love the look of beat up selvedge.

• Truth 1

37 minutes ago, glorydays said:

Yoooooo

That burner looks beat

The jeans are holding up well.

I love the look of beat up selvedge.

Ive never owned a pair of jeans that fade like this. Its the coolest shit ever. 

I had a customer comment on my pistol a few days ago about how I must not give a shit about it. I told him it still shoots straight and that I dont own any safe queens. Lol.

• LOL! 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 6:09 PM, mr.yuck said:

I really like those bravestars. Knees finally let loose in them a few months back and cuffs started to frey. They have been amazing work jeans.

i love the photos of selvedge jeans actually being used in real work situaions

the fades look hard as fuck

• Truth 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@glorydays @CLICKCLACKONER@nicklesndimes

Yeah, I went to school in Pittsburgh in 1989 and met Brick who was the front man for a hardcore band called Time Bomb. I created that clock/bomb logo with the arrows, and did the cover art for one of their albums (or their only album??). About three years later I was living in San Diego and met the guys who had just started Tribal Streetwear and they hired me to do some t-shirt designs. I ended up not only doing art for their brand but also working for them in the warehouse and other odd jobs. 

I also did some snowboard designs for Burton and 12 (out of Japan). And several shirts for Upper Playground a while back, too. 

No fancy denim, though. 

Edited by Joker
  • Like 2
  • Props 1

9 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

@Jokeri copped your tribal t-shirt at commander salamander in DC like in ‘92-3. The one with the profile of an Afro kid with. Loved that tshirt and era. 

Wait... whaaaatttttt?!?!? That is so awesome. When I was a teenager I used to shop at Commander Salamander (first when it was on M street, and when it moved to Wisconsin Ave) for all my punk/goth gear. I think I spent more money on creepers in that store than anyone. Yeah, not your typical 80s era Graffiti writer. Ha!

• Like 1

Just now, Joker said:

Wait... whaaaatttttt?!?!? That is so awesome. When I was a teenager I used to shop at Commander Salamander (first when it was on M street, and when it moved to Wisconsin Ave) for all my punk/goth gear. I think I spent more money on creepers in that store than anyone. Yeah, not your typical 80s era Graffiti writer. Ha!

Yeah, I only knew of CS on Wisconsin.  Smash on M.  Before Puma and Nike, it was nothing but docs and nana creepers.  those were the days.  Commander Salamander still exists but whoever the buyer is now is very questionable.

Sidenote: Commander Salamander made an appearance in the Wonder Woman 1984 movie.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...