Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Price points on high-end denim?!

5 minutes ago, swif1 said:

I've just come to the realization my SLP jeans are all rope-dyed. Just end me, fam 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Edit: actually, all my denim is rope-dyed smmfh

its just a faster and cheaper way to make denim tbh

but you are right about the water consumption....artificial indigo uses up soooo much broski

• Like 1
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am really confused and need to figure out what is going on in here...

here are my older greasers that I wear probably 5 days a week, got a hole by the waist and another one by the cuff that I need to get repaired  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, glorydays said:

its just a faster and cheaper way to make denim tbh

but you are right about the water consumption....artificial indigo uses up soooo much broski

Yo!! I thought the same. You have it backwards too!! 🤣

https://theunbrandedbrand.com/pages/rawdenim

Vat dyeing is the fuccboi way. I wonder if there's Japanese denim mills that use synthetic indigo. Just noticed that can be used as JDM lolll

What shoes you wearing with your raws? Wheats?

• Truth 1
8 minutes ago, swif1 said:

Yo!! I thought the same. You have it backwards too!! 🤣

https://theunbrandedbrand.com/pages/rawdenim

Vat dyeing is the fuccboi way. I wonder if there's Japanese denim mills that use synthetic indigo. Just noticed that can be used as JDM lolll

What shoes you wearing with your raws? Wheats?

i have to take a look at that

I don't believe japanese mills use artificial indigo since they grow their own and make their own dye...what would be the use of the artificial stuff

11 minutes ago, glorydays said:

what would be the use of the artificial stuff

I'm thinking of the large companies that source (and manufacture) their denim in Japan. I read/watched something about a small brand bumping into a rep for a designer brand at the same mill (maybe Weaving Shibusa or an article that references it). If MIJ (as a whole) truly means 100% natural indigo is used on denim; then I can stop wondering :3 bout to just hit up the nerds on r/rawdenim or SuFu haha. Maybe I'm just thinking too much

Edited by swif1
  • Truth 1
30 minutes ago, swif1 said:

I'm thinking of the large companies that source (and manufacture) their denim in Japan. I read/watched something about a small brand bumping into a rep for a designer brand at the same mill (maybe Weaving Shibusa or an article that references it). If MIJ (as a whole) truly means 100% natural indigo is used on denim; then I can stop wondering :3 bout to just hit up the nerds on r/rawdenim or SuFu haha. Maybe I'm just thinking too much

If you can dig for it then that's much appreciated...i don't even know where to look or where to start

@swif1

@CLICKCLACKONER

@mr.yuck

@ndv

So they came in. wow, is all i can say. The packaging is alright and the denim is tough.

They seem lighter than my other 2 project jeans and the sizing is on point, the hemming is fucking amazing.

I've been scratching at the denim with my nails...these jeans were obviously dyed countless amounts of times.

The stitching is on point and so is the embroidery. I'm wearing them right now.

After an hour or so, I'm gonna do the initial soak.

20200926_144215.thumb.jpg.0d67d7c0f30253937c32d050a41ef8e7.jpg20200926_144259.thumb.jpg.fca164992457fc5ae9e0ce55613e9f5c.jpg20200926_144324.thumb.jpg.276c8caa0cf66e545a835739a4f620b5.jpg20200926_144329.thumb.jpg.b997285252c24e7a106cd4f740e27db6.jpg20200926_144448.thumb.jpg.464e29d8abe63764497250cd815f2616.jpg

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1
  • Props 2
Just now, swif1 said:

Yeah, it looks like it had a good amount of dye. That veg tanned leather patch is going to look absolutely lovely over time no cap

I agree broski

This will be my last raw purchase for the year. I think i have a good rotation of 3 selvedge project jeans going.

• Like 1

@mr.yuck

I strongly suggest soaking them. they were soft and "loose" when i wore them out the package.

after soaking, they got stiff like they were starched and the color got darker.

I don't know if you got the same denim and weight as i did but i suggest putting them on right out the box first.

soak after.

I think you'll notice a difference.

OH! and write the date of when you got them on the inside of the pants on the pocket bag...what i do is tack a mark on my jeans for every time i wear them.

1 hour ago, swif1 said:

I'm curious as to why you wear them for a little before soaking. Is it to set the creases?

Brave star had some pretty specific instructions for their denim. They were pretty insistent that if you soak before you wear, they might shrink to a point that makes them unwearable. So they suggested to wear and stretch them out a bit before shrinking.

15 hours ago, glorydays said:

I got the 12 oz woodsman cone denim

it feels...light. I don't want to say thin cuz when i wore them they felt good enough for the fall weather.

I wore them for an hour then soaked for an hour

Cool. I got the 15oz cone mill janks. Im really excited for these dumb thicc pants.

• Truth 1
29 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@swif1  @glorydays  @CLICKCLACKONER @ndv @LUGR

My brave stars came in today. I got true straight 38". These things are massive. Like im 6'2" 220 and I dont even come close to filling in these ass and thighs.

Exchange for a smaller size. Jeans also stretch out over some wear. 

Edited by CLICKCLACKONER
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1
37 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@swif1  @glorydays  @CLICKCLACKONER @ndv @LUGR

My brave stars came in today. I got true straight 38". These things are massive. Like im 6'2" 220 and I dont even come close to filling in these ass and thighs.

They should have a good exchange program.

How is the waist tho? cuz i would venture a guess that you are a 35" waist.

when you exchange it post pics of the new ones

• Truth 2
55 minutes ago, glorydays said:

They should have a good exchange program.

How is the waist tho? cuz i would venture a guess that you are a 35" waist.

when you exchange it post pics of the new ones

I think 35 is absolutely the way to go. I'll check out their sizing chart again but I may also be changing cut to slim straight. Slim with the tilted grin.

• Truth 1