Price points on high-end denim?!

misteraven

1 minute ago, swif1 said:

It sure is. My girl gonna beat my ass if I buy another pair right now lmao. I'm sure I can finesse it once I sell my other jeans tho 😈

its not a want, its a necessity

i havent been into jeans for like 5 years...it coincided with my love for the jordan 3's

evisu and supreme since 2008

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 minutes ago, glorydays said:

its not a want, its a necessity

i havent been into jeans for like 5 years...it coincided with my love for the jordan 3's

evisu and supreme since 2008

At my peak, I had maybe 30 pairs of jeans aka you with Junya hahah 

Always wanted a pair of Evisu's and Red Monkey's way back 💀

• LOL! 1

Just now, swif1 said:

At my peak, I had maybe 30 pairs of jeans aka you with Junya hahah 

Always wanted a pair of Evisu's and Red Monkey's way back 💀

i saw what evisu is doing today and they dont make their denim in japan....most of their cuts are made in china

the made in japan cuts are labeled such but the price is fucking horrendous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glorydays said:

i saw what evisu is doing today and they dont make their denim in japan....most of their cuts are made in china

There may be proxy services that can alleviate the price if it's due to import tax mark-ups unless it's still expensive in Japan. From what I've read a while back, Momotaro etc. is cheaper if copped from Japan. Always digged PBJ with the leaf on the back pocket too. 

I use a proxy service to get stuff from Y!J. 

1 minute ago, swif1 said:

There may be proxy services that can alleviate the price if it's due to import tax mark-ups unless it's still expensive in Japan. From what I've read a while back, Momotaro etc. is cheaper if copped from Japan. Always digged PBJ with the leaf on the back pocket too. 

I use a proxy service to get stuff from Y!J. 

that's fucking clever...i've never used the yahoo japan site yet

blue in green shop in new york sells japanese brands for a decent price

i usually hover around self-edge here in los angeles

17 minutes ago, glorydays said:

Somewhere in this thread I think IHU said that Evisu was bought out by the paper denim owner. Lots of info in this thread. 

• Truth 1

Just now, swif1 said:

@glorydaysyasss BiG SoHo I swear has so many PBJ'S unless they're the sole supplier stateside. I've been out of the denim loop for a hot minute so I'm probably wrong. Have you seen the documentary Self Edge produced or Blue Gold?

yea i did...i love self edge, the store is fucking amazing

but i still gotta look up blue gold

So ive been on the hunt for heavier jeans for a minute. I just started reading up on what selvedge is. Im looking for them for work, but I'll be damned if I pay $300 for some work pants.

I found a company called unbranded with 14 oz selvedge for like $88 a pair. Does anybody have any experience with this unbrand brand?

• Truth 1

17 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

So ive been on the hunt for heavier jeans for a minute. I just started reading up on what selvedge is. Im looking for them for work, but I'll be damned if I pay $300 for some work pants.

I found a company called unbranded with 14 oz selvedge for like $88 a pair. Does anybody have any experience with this unbrand brand?

I'm wearing unbranded right now and i'm very happy with them...i beat the shit out of them and they're holding up

but they're made in china to keep costs down which is, imo, the only down side

look at brave star selvage

• Props 1

5 hours ago, glorydays said:

I'm wearing unbranded right now and i'm very happy with them...i beat the shit out of them and they're holding up

but they're made in china to keep costs down which is, imo, the only down side

look at brave star selvage

I think china gets a bad rap. Its unfortunate because China produces some top quality shit. Ive been on both ends of the China deal. Like years ago my wife ordered some leggings from a Chinese ebay company and the ad stated one size fits all. My wife is a shorty and the top of the leggings didnt even come up to the bottom of her crotch. We laughed about it and she secided that they were probably one size fits all chinese children. 

Do you think the unbranded jeans would be constructed better of they were from somewhere else or is your issue with slave labor practices?

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Truth 1

49 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I think china gets a bad rap. Its unfortunate because China produces some top quality shit. Ive been on both ends of the China deal. Like years ago my wife ordered some leggings from a Chinese ebay company and the ad stated one size fits all. My wife is a shorty and the top of the leggings didnt even come up to the bottom of her crotch. We laughed about it and she secided that they were probably one size fits all chinese children. 

Do you think the unbranded jeans would be constructed better of they were from somewhere else or is your issue with slave labor practices?

its really the mystery behind the manufacturing...unbranded doesnt really put alot of info out on the actual factory where the jeans are made

this would make me weary of labor practices and whether the people who made the jeans are doing ok 

On 9/2/2020 at 10:45 AM, glorydays said:

its 14 oz. sanforized raw selvedge denim

It's going to be dummy thicc and I recommend wearing it on cooler weather. I had a pair of 14.7oz I wore in the miserable Southern heat for a hot (lol) minute.

On 9/1/2020 at 10:43 PM, mr.yuck said:

@glorydaysits a weird prospect for sure. There is so much dirt going on in china, you never hear of factories that pay liveable wages or realistic working hours. 

Or the loose restrictions/standards especially in Italy (Prato) and the Chinese immigrants there. Yet, here I am, just copped knockoff LV monogram table mat and slides from China. China does get a bad rap because it's the shitty factories in the spotlight. Burberry moved their production to Chinese just a few short years ago. With the exception of MIJ denim (to an extent), I don't care where my designer clothes are made from. Generally speaking, that allure is long gone for me.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

13 hours ago, swif1 said:

It's going to be dummy thicc and I recommend wearing it on cooler weather. I had a pair of 14.7oz I wore in the miserable Southern heat for a hot (lol) minute.

Or the loose restrictions/standards especially in Italy (Prato) and the Chinese immigrants there. Yet, here I am, just copped knockoff LV monogram table mat and slides from China. China does get a bad rap because it's the shitty factories in the spotlight. Burberry moved their production to Chinese just a few short years ago. With the exception of MIJ denim (to an extent), I don't care where my designer clothes are made from. Generally speaking, that allure is long gone for me.

i feel it for the 14 oz denim...its gonna be mad difficult to get fades on them.

The one thing i have against china is manufacturing in general. The materials used, the quality of the machinery, quality of the environment its made, and is it harmful to the environment as a whole.

Look at the uniqlo raw selvedge denim. the price is so low it makes you wonder how they're made and where they come from. 

and they make so many of them, where does the denim come from and what kind of machines do they use.

Uniqlo raw selvedge

UNIQLO | JEANS | INVISIBLE QUALITY; Learn all the hidden qualities of our  products that may not be obvious at first glance.

copping these and getting them hemmed in house

apparently brave star bought out all the cone mills denim stock after the mill closed 

the brand, weirdly enough, is bringing back my love for raw selvedge and the way streetwear was like back in the 2000s

the jeans look like the raw japanese denim BAPE was coming out with way back then

brave star woodsman cone mills denim in skeleton skinny

20190725_SkeletonSkinny_13.5oz_BlueCollar_Pants_Front_Mik_d876117e-6869-4e70-9093-21ca3f29a56c_2048x.jpg?v=1591464729

20190725_SkeletonSkinny_13.5oz_BlueCollar_Pants_Side_Mik_a791c99e-146a-42e9-9aa9-225be63c4882_2048x.jpg?v=1591464729

20190723_SlimStraight_12.5oz_SummerSelvage_Pants_BackDetail_Mik_0e62c238-b67f-4304-a2e8-6f5fdd319bcf_2048x.jpg?v=1591464729

20190723_SlimStraight_12.5oz_SummerSelvage_Pants_CuffDetail_Mikcopy_c85bf82e-83e9-40a4-9c57-85af6f15244d_2048x.jpg?v=1591464729

20190725_SkeletonSkinny_13.5oz_BlueCollar_Pants0652_e305f75d-a372-451f-a4d9-76661ab9c081_2048x.jpg?v=1591464720