BBC & ICE CREAM

misteraven

Granted I still like most of what I see from Nigo/Bape, I just can't bring myself to appreciate his collab with Pharell on the whole BBC/Ice Cream tip. As a matter of fact I couldn't bring myself to appreciate all the new Bape rhine stone tees either (especially fro the prices they're getting for them). Anyhow, thought I'd pipe in and see what anyone had to say about it...

Here's a link to a batch of product: http://myweb.ncku.edu.tw/~c3490103/nowhere/icecreamjp.htm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by sarcasm@Oct 9 2004, 03:23 AM

despit that they do look kinda whacked out, they're still fresh. i don't know about paying $400 for a pair, but if i could get at some for maybe 80 bucks, i'd rock em.

pr1.jpg

i give them a thumbs up... the rich will only get richer

Are those supposed to be pagers?

Originally posted by skem@Oct 9 2004, 08:27 PM

never really been a fan of reebok.

that fact instantly turned me off. of all the companies to jump into bed with, why pick reebok? granted some of the others maybe a bit of a 'has been', but reebok is simply a 'never was'. And how does Nigo get away with ripping off Nike, collaborating with Adidas, and then dropping product backed by Reebok? More props to him for pulling it off, but damn...

Originally posted by Cobraz@Oct 10 2004, 01:30 AM

I'm wanna see what this new Reebok skateboard line is gonna look like and who else will be on the team..i read this interview in Dub about Nigo and he kinda comes off like a dick.

heard about that interview. if you see it posted online, copy/paste it into a thread on here.

Originally posted by Misteraven+Oct 18 2004, 09:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Misteraven - Oct 18 2004, 09:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-krie@Oct 18 2004, 07:37 AM

Anyone know a site where you can buy them BBC shirts from ?

you'd be taking a chance buying them off any site. I'd get someone you know to buy one from an authorized retailer. Last time I was there, Nom de Guerre (NYC) had them so you might want to start there.

[/b]

WHERE IS NOM DE GUERRE RAVEN??? HOLLA AT ME.

MEROES

BRONX..

Originally posted by MEROJUANA+Oct 22 2004, 04:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MEROJUANA - Oct 22 2004, 04:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Misteraven@Oct 18 2004, 09:59 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-krie@Oct 18 2004, 07:37 AM

Anyone know a site where you can buy them BBC shirts from ?

you'd be taking a chance buying them off any site. I'd get someone you know to buy one from an authorized retailer. Last time I was there, Nom de Guerre (NYC) had them so you might want to start there.

WHERE IS NOM DE GUERRE RAVEN??? HOLLA AT ME.

MEROES

BRONX..

[/b]

Nom de GuerrE Updated May 2004

NDG the unique below-street-level shop now occupies two lots. The first, right after you get down the stairs is the clothing shop featuring clothing from designers such as Rogan and Ojas. Further back is a new sneaker store from the people behind NDG.

Again the shop is on the corner of Broadway and Bleeker where the Swatch Shop is; Walk down the steps. See the store front image incase you get lost.

640 Broadway (on Bleeker Street), Manhattan

212 253 2937 | info@nomdeguerre.net | MAP

those are the wackest fucking shoes ive ever seen in my life. i walked in the bath room at school and there was a kid wearing them, i wanted to piss on his shoes. its just soo funny, if they were some old school XJ900's (if you all know what those are) or if they had nothing to do with Pharell and were sold at payless niggas would laugh at any crab that wore those shits.

those should come with instructions on how to kill yourself

• 1 month later...
Guest fr8lover

when these came out i figured it was perfect time to quit being into shoes...what better an example of the over-hyped, ridiculously overboard craze that shoe collecting has become than these pieces of shit?

if you wear these with a straight face you should be ashamed of yourselves. nike, supreme, bape...they all should. the "shoe game" is wayyyy out of control.

Originally posted by fr8lover@Dec 9 2004, 03:55 PM

when these came out i figured it was perfect time to quit being into shoes...what better an example of the over-hyped, ridiculously overboard craze that shoe collecting has become than these pieces of shit?

if you wear these with a straight face you should be ashamed of yourselves. nike, supreme, bape...they all should. the "shoe game" is wayyyy out of control.

have to say i compleatly agree

Originally posted by Gangsta_Lean@Oct 30 2004, 05:16 PM

if they had nothing to do with Pharell and were sold at payless niggas would laugh at any crab that wore those shits.

i'm sayin. they look like they belong on an 'urban' cabbage patch kid. they're like the 'rap' shirts that walmart sells...super ass generic shit with totally played out iconic images that were tired 8 years ago.

i keep waiting for them to come out with a pair that says 'just kidding' all over them.

it's insane how much the 2000's are shaping up to look exactly like the 80's.

since these are reeboks, is there a 'plain' reebok version that doesnt have that faggotry all over it? i dont want to make my own, but i like that they're real simple. shoes are all too fucking hi-tech for me now a days.

Originally posted by Misteraven@Dec 10 2004, 02:57 PM

i'm curious how it's doing. i've seen them sitting collecting dust almost everywhere i've heard of them stocked at.

the last time i saw such a backlash to a sneaker was in the early 80's when Vans were the big thing and the broke kids would show up with a pair of bobo's on.

i know what you mean, like do you know any oen who has a pair? i know i dont...