FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS

THEMISHE

So I was at the video store last night looking for something to watch and I decide to get Fear and Loathing because pretty much everyone I know always tells me how great it is. So I put it in and watch about 20 minutees of it. I promptly shut it off after those 20 minutes. I couldn't stand it...the whole time I though "what the fuck is this shit?" Is it just me or is this movie complete garbage?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about ???

try watching it on some ........

I dug it sober for the high WTF factor, yet last time I shroomed we watched this film ..... it made such perfect sense to me in that state of mind, it made the world feel ... well ..... as fucked as it is !!!

Originally posted by IMFINETHANKYOU

I got a question then....I understand the trip factor of the movie and how bug it'd be on hallucigens but really....what is the point of the whole thing? Is it just a two hour trip fest or is there a point to it?

its a tripping mind talking to you ... when sober it was just fucked up.

when i was tripping it made perfect sense, just the clash of drug culture against the staus quo. how silly people can be in that state .... like dr. gonzo wanting to kill himself without thining he will die when white rabbit peaks ...

the eye candy for the eyes of the tripping mind is way cool, but what he says can come off so profund ... but that can be said of most anything when tripping.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

I think you have to know who Hunter S.dot Thompson is...

if you rented the dvd ....

get to know Hunter by watching the film with commentary from Hunter... i have yet to do this but i heard he sounds fucked out of his head all the time !!

Johnny Depp lived in Hunters basement for like 6 months to get his actions down !!

ive wacthed the movie, read the book, and have read other books by thompson.

true story too, which is cool.

quite frankly, the whole mentality of "getting fucked up" and watching it makes no sense to me. its like 12 year olds telling their friends how they saw giant lions eating cars when they smoked their first joint. but i dont know. im pretty sure im right.

its quite understandable how the movie looses place at times, but you have to stay FOCUSED. haha, yeah you actaully do. they get an assignment, they do alot of drugs and fuck up their journalism assignment, and thats it. im sure you can name off a million themes to top it off, just so that the story would make more sense.

depp's acting and just the way he talked and moved was genius. the movie is actaully pretty close to the book too.

for the past year, (i dont have alot of time on my hands) i've been reading Kingdom of Fear. hunter thompson has one fucking awesome life...

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

true story too, which is cool.

quite frankly, the whole mentality of "getting fucked up" and watching it makes no sense to me. its like 12 year olds telling their friends how they saw giant lions eating cars when they smoked their first joint. but i dont know. im pretty sure im right.

after i saw it for the first time i was floored ... then i heard it was a true story which fucked with me for a while ... i wouldnt watch it for a long time.

I am no little kid who is excited about a new play toy and wants to share it with everyone. I am a person who likes to trip ... like maybe twice a year ... i dont run around in life saying shit like "man, thats so trippy we shoudl trip doing that " However last time we were tripping ... the group was like what to do? .... someone said Fear and Loathing ... we put it in and I have never liked that movie as much as i did that time around.

i am not saying anyone has to try to do this, or not ... but mearly suggesting it fits.

if you trip this movie is made for you, and I would be surprised if you didnt like it in that state of mind.

To each their own !!!!!

it's not completely true. it's called gonzo journalism. half is true, the other half a lie.

it's for us to decided which part we believe.

while thompson did do alot of drugs, alot of that is complete bullshit.

he's a literary genius.

also: depp spent alot of time with him preparing for that movie...i hear they ordered guns off of the internet. wonder if they dosed up alot, too?

another note: thompson was arrested once for firing off a rocket propelled grenade at some snow mobilers on his property. fucking awesome!!! no one was killed.

Originally posted by slave_one

i still haven't seen it;

although i heard the book

is way better...

the movie was the greatest interpretation of the book that could have been made. terry gilliam is a genius...the acid visuals he got were better than any i've ever seen in a movie. not to mention the dialogue. anybody who's eaten that shit knows the weirdness that comes outta your mouth during it's peaks and valley's.

here's the johnny depp interview about his preparation for the role if anybody is interested. it's pretty fucking funny. hunter thompson shaved his head right before the filming to add the final touch to his character.

http://www.johnnydeppfan.com/interviews/rs98.htm

Originally posted by casekonly

it's not completely true. it's called gonzo journalism. half is true, the other half a lie.

it's for us to decided which part we believe.

while thompson did do alot of drugs, alot of that is complete bullshit.

he's a literary genius.

also: depp spent alot of time with him preparing for that movie...i hear they ordered guns off of the internet. wonder if they dosed up alot, too?

another note: thompson was arrested once for firing off a rocket propelled grenade at some snow mobilers on his property. fucking awesome!!! no one was killed.

right.

and about the grenade incident, this guy is literally, crazy. hes done alot of fucked up shit. "fucked up shit" are the best choice of words to describe some of the stuff hes done.

Originally posted by john

this is a very good movie. I'd say it's for the very open minded. the shit is hilarious when he walks into the police convention!! Yeah,....... but has anyone ever done adrenaline???? or peyote???

not adrenaline, adrenocrome...and no. that is not really something someone could use as a drug.

as for peyote, yes. it hurts the stomache.

that is all i have to say about that.

electricity sucks: indeed he has done alot of fucked up stuff. but i don't think he's crazy, per say. just more willing to live "on the edge". life is supposed to be fun and i think thompson totally grasped that idea and lived up to it.

Originally posted by horse cock

yeah i mean come on theres not even any explosions or people dying or wack ass catch phrases.............go back to watching your hollywood action watered down bullshit............

Did I touch a nerve? I watch movies to be entertained...and Fear And Loathing really didn't entertain me. Big fucking deal. Save your two bits for someone else.

"Just you donkey"

Eat a dick..