The Kerry-Bush debate thread •_•_• Debate no. 1

Poop Man Bob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by porque

...i can't wait for the other ones...edwards is going to beat the hell out of cheney next week...don't fuck with a trial lawyer son!...

if they hadnt had the rule of not speaking to each other kerry would have tore (fuck i dont know if i spelled that right) up bush. he's all about debating.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

My impression was that Bush was trying to be the funny guy that everyone likes. Kerry seemed to be taking it a lot more seriously.

his campaign advisor that was on the daily show said that was the best way for him to get votes.

Originally posted by porque

...i'm just curious...for those of you that are non-us'ers...how big was this debate?...were tons of people watching it?...this was seriously the biggest political moment i can think of in my lifetime...everyone i knew was going to be watching this...i'm just curious about how global this was and how it was covwer ed in other countries...

this election is a VERY big deal to canadians as well. on so many levels...

within the last year, i have been banned from your country and threatened that if i ever attempt to cross your border ever again i will be arrested on the spot, sent to a federal penetentiary and could face between 4 and 6 years in jail. i was fingerprinted and photographed by customs and turned away all because my fingerprints were in your system. i have never been convicted of any crime but apparently that doesn't matter.

fuck george w. bush.

wow. 8 fucking pages.

damn, if I get a minute or 30...I'll read through all of this.

what little I watched last night, Kerry seemed to be frustrating the living hell out of W. just awesome...loved the split screens showing Bush realizing he was getting his ass handed to him. MSN has a poll showing that 64% of people thought Kerry won.

Quoted from Gliko's link.

Right now the president is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to research bunker-busting nuclear weapons. The United States is pursuing a new set of nuclear weapons. It doesn‘t make sense.

You talk about mixed messages. We‘re telling other people, “You can‘t have nuclear weapons,” but we‘re pursuing a new nuclear weapon that we might even contemplate using.

Not this president. I‘m going to shut that program down, and we‘re going to make it clear to the world we‘re serious about containing nuclear proliferation.

And we‘re going to get the job of containing all of that nuclear material in Russia done in four years. And we‘re going to build the strongest international network to prevent nuclear proliferation.

This bothers me. I understand that we are trying to get N. Korea, Russia, and Iran to all give up their arms and it makes sense to do the same. It makes me uncomfortable to think we would give up our own Nuclear program though.

While writing this I was talking to a couple people in the office and one of the older guys pointed out that we have enough nuclear energy that to conitnue making new ones only poses a new threat to the rest of the world. I guess I'm answering my own questions, but do the rest of you feel about this?

...the united states has more nuclear weapons than every other country on earth combined...we don't need any more...

...i have very strong ideas about nuclear weapons...and i'm not going to get completely into it...but it boils down to the fact that nuclear weopons are essentially just symbols, never intended for use...the fact that bush is researching these small scale nuclear weopns that we could possibly use scares the hell out of me...

this thread grew really fast!!!

All I can really say is I cant trust a man who blinks like that.

Especially when his right eye started blinking twice for every time his left one did.

The entire bar I was in (yes.... the debates were on the big screen) totally lost their shit.

Originally posted by ClueTwo

This bothers me. I understand that we are trying to get N. Korea, Russia, and Iran to all give up their arms and it makes sense to do the same. It makes me uncomfortable to think we would give up our own Nuclear program though.

While writing this I was talking to a couple people in the office and one of the older guys pointed out that we have enough nuclear energy that to conitnue making new ones only poses a new threat to the rest of the world. I guess I'm answering my own questions, but do the rest of you feel about this?

we can't credibly instruct other countries to discontinue nuclear proliferation while we are in the process of making new nukes which we intend to use.

i think people recognize that we're not going to denuclearize, but deciding that we're just going to research new types of nukes while telling others not to is incredibly hypocritical

Guest Catch22

There is no need for new nukes. As stated above, we already have plenty. We face a different kind of enemy today. How are you going to nuke al-qaeda? Especially with the debt we are in, which keeps getting bigger by the hour thanks to Bush, why would you waste OUR money on new nukes!?

from slate:

Karl Rove must have known things didn't go well when the New York Post asked him whether this was the worst debate of President Bush's life. No, Rove insisted. This was one of the president's best debates, and one of John Kerry's worst. "Really?" asked the reporter, Vince Morris. "You can say that with a straight face?"

hahaha...

Guest Catch22
Originally posted by mental invalid

from slate:

Karl Rove must have known things didn't go well when the New York Post asked him whether this was the worst debate of President Bush's life. No, Rove insisted. This was one of the president's best debates, and one of John Kerry's worst. "Really?" asked the reporter, Vince Morris. "You can say that with a straight face?"

hahaha...

That's great. Check out what bush has done before. Maybe it was his best.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/sovereignty.mov

:lol: :lol:

actually, this nuclear business is way worse than just us continuing to build nuclear weapons, what we're working on is small nuclear weapons FOR PRACTICAL USE. not to have as a last resort, and not to have just for intimidation, but to actually use on an enemy.

that is fucked beyond belief.

i never realized what a fucking puppet guliani was. that guy is douche bag number 5. stewart completely served him last night hard.

it's sad when literally, the most biased news program, is infact the daily show. that says horrible things about the state of our country.

Denigrate

v 1: belittle; "Don't belittle his influence" [syn: minimize, belittle,

derogate]

2: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good

name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have

defamed me!" The article in the paper sullied my

reputation" [syn: defame, slander, smirch, asperse,

calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch]