A long, long, day

Vanity

i woke up the other day and headed to classes. it didnt bother me, because there's some chick that i thought might have dug me, so iwas excited. of course that was deaded, which i thought would pretty much ruin my day.

it was a beautiful day, though: sunny, didn't need a jacket, and the leaves falling. so i grab my digital camera and head for the yard. i knew i wouldn't be able to upload because i need a new cord, but i decided to go anyway and worry about the cord later.

i got to the yard. they were just finishing up some humping. i caught some alright peices, that i mentioned in the bench recently, but my batteries died, so i didn't get flicks of a lot of cars. so i head to the bus stop, see some kid i know and say what'sup, and head home.

i hadn't hit freights in a couple weeks, so of course im itchin. i putz around, waitin for it to get later. now due to my transportation situation, i can either go early and do a quicky, or i can spend an all nighter in the yard.

having not painted freights in awhile, and observing the lack of rain in ther forecast i decided on the latter.

so i'm sitting on the bus with a backpack full of paint: mostly colonial blue and stiping blue, but also fresh blue, black, white, and terracotta. i get into the yard with no problems. i poke around, noticing no action, i think about my plan for the night. i finally decided on 1 'burner,' an e2e burner, and a door & bar side simple, leaving the open panel for someone that gets more complex.

after poking around a bit more, i settle on a sweet itcx short hopper: jsut big enough for 1 peice without going over anything. i have most of my fill done, when the soo line comes in: i thought it beat me, but it was running late tonight.

after playing 'dodge the workers' and doing lil paint pen tags for about an hour, i finally get back to work. well, i pretty much finish my peice.. having only the inner force and cleanups left. its starts misting out. at first i thought it was just cause it was below the dew point, but i could hear it falling. fuck... the buses arent gonna be runnin for another 4-5 hours. hoping it'll stop and i'll be able to keep painting, and to think of what to do, i gi and scope out the line just dropped off: locals.

finally, i think 'fuck it... so it'll be drippy,' and target a railbox (rare in these parts). it's a little close to the road for my liking, but i had painted in that part of the yard with no problems before so i proceed. i dont even finish my first line when a cop comes creeping in the yard, about 5 cars down. i run between the cars, so he'll think im trying to hop the line. he, falling for it, drives to the otherside. i grab my bag and book w/ the 'tracks sprint.' you know, when you're almost sprinting, but staring at the ties for and gabs or anyhting that'll trip you up. i get to the end, stash my bag, and job a few blocks from the yard. what now?

i hadn't had anyhting to drink in awhile, so i decide to head to the gas station 5-6 blocks away, where i got a tropicana twister (gross) and see some retarded guy w/ "big bill" embroidered on his jacket. i head back to the yard.

half way there i sit down to rest my legs (i had jsut been standing for 5 hours and and ran from the cops). i decide to go back, maybe paint if im feeling it. i decide to paint, but whenever i started, there was a shift change, so some worker would drive by. the only part i could paint would be on the same side of the same line i had already hit. fuck, im going home.

i haver 2 hours to wait. it's cold, wet, i'm tired as hell, so i end up laying on the sidewalk for awhile. i acutally thought about going back to the yard and sleeping in a boxcar, but having done it before, i dedcided it's too cold to let myself sleep. besides, maybe a cop will find me suspicious and end up giving me a ride home.. it's happened before. no luck. i finally make it to the time where busses start runnin, nodding off a few times in between.

i dunno whether i had a great night, or a horrible one. i'm leaning towards the latter simply because i couldnt paint nearly as much as i wanted. chalk one up to the good guys.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived