breaking all the rules

Fr8G

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3- sidebusting is just gay problem with this is you will never know if the guy sidebusted you or there was only one car in his spot. my rule of thumb if there is only 1 car in the spot and it has a piece on it already...go over it. and if you must paint on the same car with another writer, please paint the other pannel..i dont even paint lover pannels with my own friends.

I would much rather have someone sidebust me than go over me. And i try to refrain from go over people. If someone sidebusts at least you know someone saw it

If i sidebust i alwasys write some shit next to it like "not with him" or "Solo sidebusting mission" shit along those lines... but what do i know im just a toy

this thread is a few months old but i'll chime in anyway...

fr8g, your entire thought process has been weighed and found wanting.

get over your adolescent urge to 'break all the rules'!

cheers to krowten for articulating a common sense response to a tired idea.

consider yourself a pro. be clean. paint outside of the whole freight scene and get yourself some freeway spots or work on some handstyles. dont go over the numbers or at least apply them over your peice. if your good, the train will look better and maintain functionability. most importantly bring all your trash with you. (even those beer cans/bottles you just wanna toss). why does a tall can taste so damn good when your in the train yard? it tastes like crap everywhere else!

• 2 weeks later...

I was taught about graff art by a stickler for the rules... and I remember before I really started seriously writing.. I made fun of the rules too.

Now after time, a lot of reading, trial and error, and experience in writing, I realize the validity of these shall we say "guidelines" and try to stick by them out of respect for myself, yard workers, and other writers, and to keep my integrity and my freedom to paint safe.

Its funny now although mostly frustrating ...no really really frustrating...when I have to explain these guidelines to someone that doesn't know anything about graff art and the culture and can't understand why things are the way they are and just wants to make fun of these guidelines that have become tried and true time tested tips to keep everyone paintin' safely and happily and to maintain graff art as a true and respectable subculture artform.

If you were sketching your letters and changing them little by little until you've worked on 3-4 styles and perfected them...filled up so many sketch books you dream about them and could write them blindfolded.. when you understand the work that goes into a good style and the process and how good it feels to find your OWN spot and take back that city wall or rooftop or get up on a train with something you've worked hard on and get outta wherever you're paintin' safe with an irreplaceable work of art chillin' where people are gonna see it.. you'd know why it sux to have some idiot fuckin everything up or buckin' against the rules.

Also, when you think about the repercussions of bein' caught or know people that have been caught or had their houses raided and understand how every little thing matters in keeping spots chill and keeping yourself safe you'd know why you shouldn't paint over numbers and leave messes or heat up a spot by running around and not thinking before you act.

Damn, you guys that don't understand the guidelines are not fuckin' painting NEAR enough ... in fact I have to wonder if you're painting at all...cuz you don't know what you are talkin about and until you're out there actually painting and really involved in your graff.. i suggest you keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.

the old man who created this thread has painted prolly more pieces than most kats in this forum..he's been up on the fr8s for a decade and then some. sometimes just some screen name on here is backed up by big name writers in the game. yeah some of his thoughts can be a little off track at times depending on...well and how he has a hard time expressing himself from all the paint fumes..haha but i'm sure that he knows the game well and will continue to rep to the fullest.(period)