1000 dead in haitians CAN'T be wrong...

porque

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this is really devastating.

i feel terrible for those people.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WEATHER/09/24/...e.ap/index.html

Hungry and thirsty survivors -- some of whom have lost entire families and everything they own -- were losing patience at the slow pace of relief.

Knee-deep mud sucked up animal carcasses and sharp pieces of torn-off zinc roofs, as well as human excrement after the sanitation system was destroyed. Limes have become a hot item in the devastated city of 250,000 because people hold them to their noses to relieve the stench.

Still, some presented opposition when officials tried to continue with the mass burials that began when more than 100 bodies were dumped into a pit at sunset Wednesday.

An Associated Press reporter watched people stop the burial of a truckload of bodies. Some, presumably cemetery workers, demanded money. Others objected that no religious rites accompanied the burials -- many Haitians believe a corpse interred without ceremony will wander and commit evil acts.

Other protesters wanted officials to recover bodies in waterlogged surrounding fields and to help search for the missing.

just awful.

RIP

and now this bitch is headed for florida.

hurricane trends occur over very long periods.

this year has been the second or third in a chaanging trend of nasty hurricane seasons.

it's predicted that the next few years, basically the next decade, will continue in this pattern.

we just got out of a calm pattern in the 1970s-1990s

time to move.

:(

...sorry if i think that a couple thousand people dying in a matter of hours is a big deal...how selfish of me...i should have started a thread about a new movie or how lonely and pathetic i am...

...and if anyone cares...confirmation is now at over 1500 dead with more than 900 missing and presumed dead...as the waters recede, piles of dead are discovered in the mud that is now everywhere...

Archived